711 users online (94 members and 617 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - James Joseph Hipp, 26, Garner, 19 April 2015

During a news conference around 7 a.m., authorities said they are searching for 26-year-old James Joseph Hipp, who they believe was trying to harm himself.

They said clues were found in his vehicle after a Garner police officer spotted a suspicious car in the area on Sunday.

http://abc11.com/news/missing-person...garner/671447/

http://www.wral.com/missing-person-s...rner/14592955/

Last edited by megan1984; 04-20-2015 at 10:12 AM.

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie when it comes to making new threads, so hopefully I did an OK job on this one. Had to post this because this is a local case for me. I take my daughter to this park often where his vehicle was found.

There were no updates about this on the local noon news so I got curious and drove out to the park. It is still closed. I only saw one police car parked behind the gates at the entrance. There were also a couple of ATVs out in the area. I saw a couple police searching along the water line of the lake.
    This lack of info (what was the evidence they found in his car that led them to believe he could hurt himself?) on the case has gotten me very curious. Think I'll try to listen to the police scanners next to try to find out anything else.

James Hipp is still considered an endangered missing person. Ground search has been completed at the park where Hipp's car was found. Water search has been suspended due to bad weather and will resume in the morning.

http://www.garnernc.gov/Departments/...medium=twitter

James Hipp is still missing. The park re-opened today as police continued the water search in Lake Benson. The search had to end early because of equipment issues, but will start again in the morning.

James' mother was interviewed today on the local news and I will post a link to that as soon as it's available. She said that her son's phone, wallet, and keys were left in the unlocked car. The police found evidence in his car that lead them to believe he could have harmed himself. James' mother believes that it may have been a note, though that has not been confirmed and she hasn't seen it herself.

Update: Here's the video of the interview with James' mother:

http://abc11.com/news/mom-makes-plea...ng-son/675290/
    Last edited by megan1984; 04-21-2015 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Add video

NC - Jaime Hipp, 26, Raleigh, 18 April 2015

Jamie Hipp's mother, Lucy Dubin, hasn't seen her son since Saturday night at the home they share on Pamela Drive in Raleigh. Late Sunday night, Durbin got a knock on the door. "[The Wake County deputy] opened the door, and she said, 'Do you know a James Hipp?' And I said, 'Well, yeah that's my son. What happened?'" Durbin thought her son was still on the job, working at the nearby Bojangles. The deputy brought worrisome news. "And she proceeded to tell me that they found his car at Lake Benson, but they can't find him."

Garner police brought in search boats to comb Lake Benson near where Jaime's car was found. Her son's cell phone, keys, and wallet were all hidden inside, but the car was unlocked. It's something she said Jaime would never do. Garner police told ABC 11 that investigators found something inside the car indicating Jaime may have tried to harm himself. Durbin believes it's a note, but officers haven't let her see it.

Garner police ended their search of Lake Benson early on Tuesday due to malfunctioning equipment. The search is expected to resume Wednesday.

http://abc11.com/news/mom-makes-plea...ng-son/675290/

RIP, Joe. Prayers for your mother.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.