1114 users online (221 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

AL - Walter Moore, Birmingham, 22 May 2005

Students in the Birmingham schools are back in the classroom on Monday, but in one local high school, the search continues for an assistant principal missing since May.

Moore was reported missing on May 22. His car was found three days later.

In June, friends and family held a vigil for the administrators safe return.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Authorities Identify Remains Of Missing Assistant Principal

Walter Moore Disappeared One Year Ago Monday

UPDATED: May 18, 2006

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Birmingham police said skeletal remains that were found Tuesday have been identified as a Birmingham teacher that has been missing for nearly a year.

Walter Moore was last heard from on May 22, 2005, when he spoke to his mother over the phone.

He was reported missing three days later.

The remains were identified by the Jefferson County Coroner's office through dental records.

The cause of death has not been determined.

Southern New Jersey
    Cause of death still unknown

Birmingham homicide Capt. Herman Hinton said Thursday the remains showed no obvious signs of foul play. Authorities don't know if it was homicide, a natural death or something they won't ever be able to figure out.

"There's a possibility of any of that," Hinton said. "Right now, it's undetermined."

The investigation remains open, Hinton said, but Moore's remains did not yield new clues as to what happened to him. "All we can do is hope and pray that someone can come forward with information that we can compare to what the remains reveal," he said. "Stranger things have happened."

I wonder how far away his car was found from where his body was found? If he had a heart attack why would he have gotten out of his car? If he died of natural causes why would he have gotten out of his car? If someone abducted him they would have taken him out of his car to murder him somewhere else. I wonder how his health was? This isn't making much sense to me. I wonder what his family thinks.

I'm glad that he was found though. This has had to be a horrible year for his family.

Paducah, KY
    It's about 3 miles from where his car was found in Ensley to where his body was found in Wylam. That's a very long way to just 'wander' IMO and especially if there was a heart attack.

I sure don't know what happened but it requires extensive investigation.

I'm glad his family feels some relief that his body was found and they know at least that he is no longer living.