GUILTY NC - Kimberly Richardson, 25, pregnant, fatally shot, Raleigh, 18 April 2015

borndem

Anglophile & registered demwit
Reaction score
We'll see where this goes -- I'm not sure how much info will be available in MSM, but I'll do my best to stay current.

Oh, it's so damn dangerous to be pregnant these days. How many times have we seen it, and seen it, and seen it? Grrrrr.

14592346-1429484895-640x360.jpg

From the link above it says there was not any problems between the two and they had discussed moving in together.I wonder if he did not want the child and decided to wait by her car and shoot them and it would look like a random crime?The article mentions how nervous he was about being a father.It does not appear to be a fight and why would he bring a gun with him?

Another article says they had problems.

Hi, cuffem! :seeya: Glad you're here!

Yeah, I guess they didn't have some big argument and he just happened to have a weapon in his pocket and shot her in a fit of hot-blooded rage. LE says 1st Murder, so this had at least a little planning behind it. It wasn't a bad plan, really. Make it look like she was approached by some random stranger, etc., etc.

I hope we hear more from some friends of his so that we can get a feel for the personality of the shooter -- was he good to her? Had she had any prior injuries or were there big confrontations? Drugs? Sounds like she was a good person and one of faith, according to her friends. Going by that, sounds like she wouldn't have hung out with a drug user or a "bad" guy -- but there's no accounting for taste when it comes to love...

Again, I hope we get more info. Oh, these pregnant women. Apparently they wear the scarlet letter "P" on their chests with a target around it. How many have we seen?!
icon8.png

Six months is very touch-and-go for a fetus -- it's certainly been done, but it's a tuff way to start life. It sounds like "they" know that he is the father, but I'd like to see some facts around it. I feel sure it's his, judging by what her friends have said, but we need more, IMO.

7512001_G.jpg

:rose: kimberly
:rose: strength to her baby and those that love them both

7512180_G.jpg

another pic of kimberly

Here's the version from WRAL News:

Local News

[h=1]Warrants: Slain pregnant woman was shot twice in the back[/h] Posted 5:53 p.m. yesterday
Updated 5:19 a.m. today

Raleigh, N.C. — A 25-year-old pregnant woman who died after being shot near Triangle Town Center sustained two gunshot wounds to the back, according to search warrants released Tuesday.

Kimberly Dianne Richardson told the first responding officer that she was shot by her boyfriend, Daniel Joseph Steele, the warrants alleged.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/warrants-slain-...ice-in-the-back/14611169/#CEXOVPhxUlVERPc4.99

No insights here, folks, just SMH in words... Did he just get freaked out by the coming responsibility and wasn't ready to settle down that seriously or quickly? It would be a big change of lifestyle for both of them.

Why a bullet instead of a break-up?

This one just gets me. But we don't know that much, and we may not till a trial, if there is one. It would be nice to know a little more about him. From what her friends said about her spiritual convictions, etc., one would think she wouldn't spend time with a no-good (for lack of a better word) or whatever -- that doesn't seem to fit what little we know of him, IMO. He had to have passed some kind of threshold, IMO, for him to have a security job.

He confessed, so he make/take a plea for LWOP instead of a threatened DP. We may never know the why.

Is my cynicism showing, folks? Anger?
icon8.png

Just dammit.

Reminds me of Rae Carruth case. Two other lives wasted, and another orphan with medical problems. Just thinking about the whole case still infuriates me. He was caught and arrested in Tennessee, just miles from here. Big stinking' coward.

Yes, RC was one of the worst I've seen. Makes me <shiver>.

I just checked -- Steele is in the Wake County Jail under "no bond" due to the murder charge. :jail:

:D

Finally, some closure:

[h=1]Raleigh man pleads guilty to murder of girlfriend, attempt on unborn child[/h] Posted 3:10 p.m. today
Updated 6:07 p.m. today

Raleigh, N.C. — A Raleigh man pleaded guilty last week to the murder of the woman carrying his child and to an attempted murder charge for her baby.

Kimberly Dianne Richardson, 25, was shot twice in the back on April 18, 2015, outside the Party City at Raleigh's Triangle Town Center. She was six months pregnant at the time.

Steele, 26, pleaded guilty on Sept. 1 and was sentenced to up to 41 years in prison.
Read more at http://www.wral.com/raleigh-man-ple...on-unborn-child/16000682/#EHqgaDMEymYmBUwh.99

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back