1016 users online (189 members and 827 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KY - Louisville, Male UP13747, with outdoor gear, Apr'15 - Name not found

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13747

There is no gender listed, but from the clothing it sounds likely to be a male who was fishing/hiking: Realtree brand Redhead Gilly camouflage jacket size 2XL/3XL
    Dickies brand navey blue thin nylon cargo pants. Other items found with body: Woodland Fieldline Pro Series camoflauge backpack, Fieldline Pro Series water bladder, Brunton blue plastic compass, single edged hunting knife with brown sheath and white/brown handle, single edged serrated black handle pocketknife, Off Deepwoods insect repellant, fishing line with bobber and hook, Visine eye lubricant.

Unfortunately, there aren't any estimates as to height/weight or how long the person has been there.

It states the type of contacts he had. I take it they were unused/unopened contacts. I wear that kind and it states that they expired MAR '16.

Whenever I get new contacts, I never pay attention to how far in the future the expiration dates are. I will know (hopefully) soon though when I get a new set. I screwed mine up last week and I think I have the wrong prescription in each eye with no spares.

That would help narrow down the date of death.

Also, I've seen nothing on local (Louisville) news about this. Nothing at all.

The Namus page gives 2801 Granger Road in Louisville as the address where the remains were found. That's here: https://goo.gl/maps/s7TNo
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by bflocket View Post
    It states the type of contacts he had. I take it they were unused/unopened contacts. I wear that kind and it states that they expired MAR '16.

Whenever I get new contacts, I never pay attention to how far in the future the expiration dates are. I will know (hopefully) soon though when I get a new set. I screwed mine up last week and I think I have the wrong prescription in each eye with no spares.

That would help narrow down the date of death.

Also, I've seen nothing on local (Louisville) news about this. Nothing at all.

I'm not sure, but I think it's possible packaged contacts could be stamped with a 4-year expiration date.

Depending on where a person lives, their contact lens prescription will expire long before the expiration date on the lenses. Here in Kentucky, it's 1 year.

According to the article below, the Acuvue Oasys Hydraclear Plus was first manufactured/sold in 2005.

http://www.jnjvc.com/sites/default/f...ct%20Sheet.pdf

There is a thread on Kyle Brown, who was recently found deceased. There were a couple of vehicles, along with a body, found in a SE Illinois lake. The body found in one vehicle was Mr Brown.

Before the official identification, it seems they were also thinking it could possibly be a Joel Moore.

I am just bringing him up because he's from an adjoining state and was noted to have taken no belongings other than contact lens solution. That made me think about these remains.
    Where he went missing isn't really close to Louisville, but it isn't too far either.
    The lack of details on this UID make it hard to pare down possible people.

But he went missing in early-2010, so I don't know if his contacts would have expired as late as the ones found with these remains.

Charles Buster Jr was known to wear contacts. LKA date is in 2011 so the expiry date on the contacts might not work unless he was somewhere for a while.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13466/48

Jeremy Wooten:
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24896/10
    Last seen 9/2013
    Jeremy Wooten was known to live on the riverfront in Louisville, KY or underneath the Silver Creek Brige which is a boundary for the Floyd and Clark County line in Indiana.

Nothing about whether he wore contacts or not but if he set up homeless camps near rivers he might have fishing gear.

Anthony Sipple disappeared wearing a camo jacket and a black digital watch and had a backpack with hiking supplies including a hunting knife. The other clothing details don't exactly match and he'd be quite far from home (AZ).
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28329/0

Missing from neighbouring county in unknown circumstances and clothing but is known to wear contacts: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20892/92
    Last edited by Donjeta; 04-21-2015 at 02:15 PM.

I don't think I'd assume the person is male. Fishing clothing tends to be fairly unisex...
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Does Gilly jacket mean to say it was a ghillie jacket? The leafy sort of camo?

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Does Gilly jacket mean to say it was a ghillie jacket? The leafy sort of camo?
    Yes, I think it's suppose to be "ghillie".

Here's something (I'm assuming) is similar:

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Realt...SELL_THUMBNAIL

FWIW...

I work for an eye surgeon/ophthalmologist and we have a stock of various brands/types of contacts (including AO Hydraclear). I checked the expiration dates and most were marked "2018".

Found a video of a Fieldline backpack (w/water bladder), the reviewer appears to be a member of SHTF "survivalist" group. I wonder if the UID had similar interests??

Quote Originally Posted by fred&edna View Post
    FWIW...

I work for an eye surgeon/ophthalmologist and we have a stock of various brands/types of contacts (including AO Hydraclear). I checked the expiration dates and most were marked "2018".
    So can we assume that the 2016 date would mean they were bought in 2013 (+/- a year or so)?

That is the best "dating" info we have on this guy since so little info is available.

Quote Originally Posted by bflocket View Post
    So can we assume that the 2016 date would mean they were bought in 2013 (+/- a year or so)?

That is the best "dating" info we have on this guy since so little info is available.

Yep, that's my best guess.

It's possible that when J&J first began manufacturing the lenses there was an expiration period of greater than 3-4 years, but the only way to know for certain is to contact the company (and I'd rather leave that to LE - which I hope they are doing!)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    The Namus page gives 2801 Granger Road in Louisville as the address where the remains were found. That's here: https://goo.gl/maps/s7TNo
    I looked up that address earlier and I know the general area the bones were found. It looks like the closest "fishing hole" would be Silver and/or Crystal Lakes to the west.

I wouldn't think that it would be a place to go hiking either. It's kind of hemmed in by the Gene Snyder (I-265 / KY-841) and I-65 without any trails that I know of. I guess it's good that someone WAS hiking there, or this poor soul might never have been found.

There are several places that would make sense to hike nearby such as the various parks where Mitchell Hill and Holsclaw Hill rise from the city into Bullitt County. I don't hike because I'm too lazy, but I love driving around there. Coming from the south (near Brooks, KY) and at the top of the hill, both Holsclaw Hill Rd and Mitchell Hill Rd have panoramic and stunning views of most of the Louisville Metro. You can't really tell how much of the city you can see unless it's night, when the city is lit up.

I wonder if LE looked for any signs of a tent or camping. The contacts are a 2-wk lens, so I can't imagine why the UID would have an extra box if he was just planning on an overnight fishing trip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast