914 users online (178 members and 736 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NM - Edgar Vargas, 18, Bloomfield, 17 April 2015

Edgar Vargas

Valley teen Edgar Vargas goes missing on way to friend's prom in Colorado
    MESA, AZ - A Mesa family is on a desperate search to find a teenager who’s been missing since Thursday, when he left on a road trip to Colorado.

“Edgar, wherever you are hopefully you’re safe,” cried his cousin Perla Vargas. “Please just give us a call or do something because we miss you and we're worried about you.”

Perla’s 18 year-old cousin, Edgar Vargas, seems to have disappeared without a trace. His family says he was driving from El Paso, Texas, to Grand Junction, Colorado, to attend a friend’s prom, but never arrived.

“Hopefully we find him alive,” she said.

Edgar called his mother at a gas station in Bloomfield, New Mexico Thursday night. That was the last time anyone heard from him. He was driving a red pickup truck.
    http://www.abc15.com/news/region-sou...om-in-colorado
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Perla’s father, Jose, left Mesa Saturday and hasn’t stopped searching for the teen.

“We have four cars and we have people driving two or three miles, and everybody else is walking on the side of the road and looking down the side of the banks,” said Jose Vargas over the phone.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-sou...om-in-colorado

I can't imagine what that has to feel like, to have to do that in search of your own child. Heartbreaking.
    RIP (Ride in Peace), Brian Histand

------
    My Bestest Map (Israel Keyes) - UPDATED: August 13, 2013
    My Comprehensive Israel Keyes Timeline UPDATED: August 14, 2013
    Israel Keyes' thread here at WebSleuths - come join us!

Everyone has their own personal tragedies, just like you do.
    So, try to be extra kind to someone today - it might just make all the difference!

God Bless this dad, organizing his own search party, covering many miles and crossing States. You want it done, that's the way to do it, every minute is critical. If that were my child or any family member, I'd do the same thing.

I hope he's safe. I wonder if he was using anything to get there like a GPS. I wonder if he knew the area at all. maybe he got lost? car accident?
    “There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

There is only a 4 1/2 to 5 hour difference between Bloomfield, NM and Grand Junction, CO.

After he left Bloomfield, NM, US-550 looks very mountainous and very windy roads once you get in to Colorado. I hope it wasn't too late at night that he decided to take that leg of the trip.

Vargas' cell phone was later found outside the back of a gas station.

Vargas was driving a 2005 red Ford F-150 with Texas license plate 771-ZUS.

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headli...300788201.html

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post

Ouch! Not what I wanted to see...
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I don't have a good feeling about this... got chills reading about the cellphone

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post

oh no.... hoping there's video footage from the gas station....
    “There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

They are Colorado plates

Vargas's uncle, Jose Vargas, at last report was still on the road, hoping for any sign of hope.

http://www.westword.com/news/teen-ed...lorado-6660489

Red Mountain fatality is missing El Paso teen

Authorities have recovered the body of Edgar Vargas, 18, of El Paso Texas, from his crashed red Ford, which plunged over the side of Red Mountain Pass.

Vargas' vehicle was found in the stream bed, hundreds of feet over the side of U.S. 550, Ouray County spokeswoman Marti Whitmore said.
    A Colorado Department of Transportation worker had also noticed tracks on the highway, but it appeared as though the vehicle that made them had stopped, and it is not known whether Vargas' vehicle made them, she said.
    CDOT closed U.S. 550 at mile marker 89 so that Vargas' body could be recovered. The CSP was at last report in the process of extracting the Ford.
    http://www.montrosepress.com/breakin...b8371c1b9.html

I still wonder....why was his cell phone found outside the back of a gas station. Was it just a nothing happening coincidence?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast