CA CA - Los Angeles, HispMale 2611UMCA, stabbed @ 6th & San Julian, Nov'87

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A few days ago, Doe Network upgraded three old Los Angeles County cases from Hot Case status. All three involve Hispanic Males, but none of them have images available

I have the PM photos from those three cases. They were on the LA County Coroner's site a few years ago, and I saved them before they took them down.

Since there aren't any images available for these cases, I decided to do a recon for this guy and start a thread for him (even though I don't see any plausible possibles on the MP sites). Hopefully, if I feel ambitious, I'll go ahead and do recons for the other two.

The Doe Network: International Center for Unidentified & Missing Persons
Case File: 2611UMCA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2611umca.html
NamUs UP4107 https://identifyus.org/cases/4107

fd85306a-eda5-4c29-b2b9-270644ee67f4.jpg

Unidentified Male
Date of Discovery: November 22, 1987
Location of Discovery: Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Same day
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide by stabbing​

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 25-35 years old
Race: Hispanic
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Two scars on his inner right forearm.​

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not available.​

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown​

Case History

The victim was located on the sidewalk of the southeast corner of 6th Street and San Julian in Los Angeles.​

Investigating Agency(s)
If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Los Angeles County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Daniel Machian
Agency Phone Number: 323-343-0754 or 323-222-0343

Agency Case Number: 1987-11180
NCIC Case Number: U900017006
NamUs Case Number: UP #4107
Former Hot Case Number: 674

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.​

I know LE agencies are grateful when the public helps them find a match (even though a few have tried to steal the credit) but I don't think they realize how much time and how many actions so many unnamed people take to move a case forward just to have enough information to be able to find those matches. These acts include phone calls and emails making inquiries, getting extra details, getting cases input in Namus and then things like Carl having saved images years ago and taking his own time to do recons.

Great work Carl! Hopefully someone looking for a missing loved one will stumble across these images and say "hey, that's ______" and then start the process of formal identification.

Hmm, I wonder if there's a way to get a recon or postmortem on there (even if it's Carl's, with his permission obviously). The case file hasn't been edited since 2014 and could use some love.

Hmm, I wonder if there's a way to get a recon or postmortem on there (even if it's Carl's, with his permission obviously). The case file hasn't been edited since 2014 and could use some love.
PM is on the doe network now!!!

www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/4107/details
Note that Namus has this UID listed as White/Caucasian while Doe Network has Wht/Cauc or Hisp - FWIW the PM on Doe looks Hispanic to me.

I wonder about George Sanchez Juarez who went missing from San Jose more than a year earlier. He matches within an inch on height and 10lb on weight (but with a year between the two dates that doesn't mean much). There are very few details about the circumstances of George's disappearance and no mention of any scars. He is not in Namus (or at least does not have a publicly visible MP file). George Sanchez Juarez
www.doenetwork.org/cases/895dmca.html

Someone on another forum has suggested Miguel Carlos Cosio Jr as a match and submitted a tip to the California Attorney General's office.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I'm surprised Miguel hasn't already been ruled out - he was last seen only two days before this UID was found, and the facial resemblance is striking!

Attachments

• MP35774 miguel cosio.jpg
    MP35774 miguel cosio.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 5
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/4107/details
Note that Namus has this UID listed as White/Caucasian while Doe Network has Wht/Cauc or Hisp - FWIW the PM on Doe looks Hispanic to me.

I wonder about George Sanchez Juarez who went missing from San Jose more than a year earlier. He matches within an inch on height and 10lb on weight (but with a year between the two dates that doesn't mean much). There are very few details about the circumstances of George's disappearance and no mention of any scars. He is not in Namus (or at least does not have a publicly visible MP file). George Sanchez Juarez
www.doenetwork.org/cases/895dmca.html
George Sanchez Juarez is now on NamUs at The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back