GUILTY South Africa - Jayde Panayiotou, 28, Port Elizabeth, 21 April 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jayde Panayiotou
jayde-480x466.jpg

Police search for missing PE woman
A search is underway for a Port Elizabeth woman who went missing this morning, amid fears that she may have been kidnapped. Police spokesperson, Warrant Officer Alwin Labans, says the Kabega Park police have been notified and that a search is underway for 28-year-old Jayde Panayiotou.

Her sister, Toni Inggs, told Algoa FM News that Jayde was last seen outside her residential complex, Stellen Glen, in Deacon Road in Kabega Park at about half past six this morning.

She was waiting for her daily lift to Uitenhage, where she is a teacher.

http://www.jbaynews.com/police-search-for-missing-pe-woman/

This is very, very ominous. I wonder if Jayde waited outside her home every morning for a lift? That might help shed light on whether this was pre-planned or opportunistic. I feel very sure there's been a crime.

Can one of our SA posters remind me, is Port Elizabeth where a young Reeva Steenkamp was brought up, and isn't that supposed to be a very safe area, or am I getting mixed up?

ETA: 'Daily lift', so I guess she stood outside everyday and could have been targeted. Wonder who saw her last?

The Herald says police have screenshots of the real suspects but will only release them when it is safe.

SUSPECTS? Oh no, NOT good. This is not going to end well.

Who the heck released the screenshots from the ATM surveillance camera, if it wasn't police? It's too late now, anyhow. It's out on social media and if it is a kidnapper, he'll soon hear about it, if he hasn't already.

Here's Jayde's missing poster. There's a Rand 50,000 reward now though, but it's not on it.

Attachments

• CDIU2UmW0AEeXSV.jpg
    CDIU2UmW0AEeXSV.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 432
Police found an abandoned Mazda 323 – previously reported stolen in the Walmer area – believed to have been used in the abduction — the car was found in New Brighton and forensic experts were still combing the vehicle for clues at midnight;

Police called in additional manpower‚ including members of the dog unit‚ to help with the search‚ which was concentrated on bushy areas between Port Elizabeth and KwaNnobuhle; and‚

It is feared that she was abducted by at least two men‚ one of whom withdrew money from her bank account about one and a half hours after she went missing.
http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/2015/04/22/reward-for-missing-pe-teacher-upped-to-r150000

This is such sad news. I've been looking for official cctv photos of the suspects since I heard, but still haven't found them. Police said they couldn't release them before because of Jayde's safety. But now?

This is an awful case :( RIP Jayde

Are there any WSers from SA? The only things I ever hear about South Africa are less than good.

This is an awful case :( RIP Jayde

Are there any WSers from SA? The only things I ever hear about South Africa are less than good.

Yes, quite a few. Check the Oscar Pistorius threads. I have never visited but I get the impression there is a lot of unsolved crime but also some very wonderful and beautiful things about the country.

Eyewitness News ‏@ewnupdates 3m3 minutes ago

BREAKING NEWS: Eyewitness News can confirm that Jayde Panayiotou's husband, Christopher, is one of two suspects arrested for her murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back