1195 users online (217 members and 978 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Shane Siddall, 31, Granbury, 13 April 2015

First reported missing by wife on 4/13. Photo here: http://hcnews.com/pages/page_one_new...sband-missing/
    From the initial news article: " Shane Michael Siddall kissed his wife early Monday morning and told her he’d be back to their Canyon Creek home within an hour.
    The 31-year-old man hasn’t returned."

His wife, Crystal said that she does not think he left with a significant amount of money. He left his wallet at home and does not own a credit card, she added.
    Siddall is a 6-foot, 170-pound white male with hazel eyes, brown hair and possibly facial hair.
    He has a large tattoo on his right leg, from his knee to his ankle, Crystal said.
    Scent dogs and a helicopter reportedly were brought in to assist in the search.

Update on April 20: Declaration by Hood Co. Tx, Sheriff Roger Deeds that this is now a criminal investigation:
    Link to news article: http://hcnews.com/pages/updates/miss...investigation/
    "The case of a Shane Michael Siddall, a 31-year-old Canyon Creek man who was reported missing a week ago, is officially a criminal investigation.
    It is a criminal investigation now because of a missing person,” Sheriff Roger Deeds said Monday. The Texas Rangers were called in right away to help investigate along with the Somervell County Sheriff’s Office.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note by me ( not in articles) - It is NOT specified in either article how Siddall left his residence, whether in his car, on foot, motorcycle, or in another person's car.

Since I live in Hood Co. and know where Canyon Creek is located, I thought I would give a bit of info about the topography.
    The area is slightly hilly, not mountaionous. A long strip of houses on several streets have water frontage on the Brazos River. The Brazos is fairly wide and deep at this point, as the Brazos River Dam is located close by.

The area is heavily wooded, the roads are both paved and dirt roads, and housing is mixed, consisting of site- built single family homes and mudular/ trailer homes.
    There are several cattle tanks in the area, and some barns but not in the area of Firewood Trail, which is stated in the news as the road on which the Siddalls live, and from which he left.

There are 2 public buildings in the area- Tommy's Mart, which opens at 5 AM, thus was closed at the time of Siddall's disappearance, and Mambrino Elementary School, also closed. Both are located on Mambrino Hwy. To the best of my knowledge, there are no other remarkable structures in the area.

Canyon Creek is accessed by Will Walter Rd, which intersects with Mambrino Hwy.
    I travel Mambrino Hwy. fairly often as it leads to the back gate of Pecan Plantation, where I live.
    To the best of my knowledge, there are no other remarkable structures in the area, and certainly no businesses open at that time of the morning.
    Last edited by SeekingJana; 04-21-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Of note, Mrs. Siddall said that Mr. Siddall was wearing a black tee shirt and red swimming trunks when he was last seen, leaving the residence.
    The Brazos River is only a few blocks away from their residence, and this month, it has been at high level and fast- moving from our annual spring rainfall.

Possibly, one more piece of the puzzle, and could explain why no mention of any vehicle, if he was walking a few blocks to either check a fishing line or take a daybreak swim ( think Tybee).
    I hope not, but it comes to mind when looking out my window at the Brazos.

PS- Thank you to our Adm. member, KateB, for moving this case to the thread for discussion.

Bumping for the Siddall family! This missing man has a wife and at least one small child. Maybe we can help them.

There are a few updates on the Hood County News today. www.hcn.com

1) The Texas Rangers are now in charge of the case ( this is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!) so the Sheriff " can't comment" to the newspaper but the local LE are working with the Rangers to try to find him.

2) He is a handyman. According to the newspaper, he was due to work on a job later that AM. No details available about the location of this job but apparently local.

3) Quoting a bit about that morning's activities that is worded a bit differently now. His wife says he left with an acquaintance, which better explains how he left the house: " Siddall’s wife, Crystal, said her husband kissed her goodbye at about 4 a.m. on April 13 inside their home in the 5400 block of Firewood Trail. He said he was leaving with an acquaintance and would return in 30 minutes to an hour."

Latest update from the local newspaper ( Hood County News online edition):
    Mr. Siddall is still missing, thus the case remains open and the Texas Rangers are in charge of the case. There are NO clues.
    http://hcnews.com/pages/updates/case...-remains-open/

Why does anyone need to go out at 4 am for half an hour?
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!

I am thinking it may have been for work?

It is not uncommon for someone in construction or welding to be on a property that early either working or to walk the property with a client/contractor. Maybe it was a quick meeting with a potential client, etc.?

I wondered the same. I am thinking not for work. :/

Remember, he did not leave his residence in his vehicle, and he left with an acquaintance ( apparently the driver if they weren't both on foot.) Siddall has been said to be barefoot in at least one report from his wife.
    " Siddall’s wife, Crystal, said her husband kissed her goodbye at about 4 a.m. on April 13 inside their home in the 5400 block of Firewood Trail. He said he was leaving with an acquaintance and would return in 30 minutes to an hour."

I've edited this post because anyone who is interested can do an Internet search and find his arrest photo and what he was convicted of in the past. It's not a rumor, it's factual. He was known to LE.
    Whether his past influenced his last known activity of leaving his home at 4 AM with an acquaintance is not known to the public at this time. I know that in the case of another man who is also missing in Hood County, Mr. William Moore, the Texas Rangers were and are not in charge of his missing persons case.

Last edited by SeekingJana; 05-07-2015 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thesiren View Post
    I am thinking it may have been for work?

It is not uncommon for someone in construction or welding to be on a property that early either working or to walk the property with a client/contractor. Maybe it was a quick meeting with a potential client, etc.?
    In red swim trunks and a black shirt? Doesn't sound work-related to me.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

I don't have a good feeling about this.
    “There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

None of this makes any sense. Barefoot or not? Swimtrunks? at 4 in the A.M??

From the website www.hcn.com ( Hood County News):
    "A non-denominational prayer vigil for Shane Siddall, a 31-year-old Canyon Creek man who has been missing since April 13, will be held at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 18 at St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church, 2301 Acton Highway. That’s according to Siddall’s mother, Michal Siddall, who said she has not received any new information recently concerning her son’s whereabouts."

Quote Originally Posted by charminglane View Post
    Why does anyone need to go out at 4 am for half an hour?
    This time of the year in Texas 4am is the best time to go for a run (its in the upper 80's as soon as the sun comes up), but since he didn't have shoes on it would appear he wasn't going to work out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast