VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trying2id

Reaction score
Please check out this page, I found some of the information at the doenetwork and some from the investigating officer back in 1995. I know that I left some information from the doenetwork out, I did that on purpose. I have posted this everywhere and I did not want the parents (when I find them) to find out certain things from reading a posting on the internet. Please try to help me on this one.

Shawn

http://www.geocities.com/trying2id/JDpage.html

so was the note to him, and was his name Jason?

Maybe someone hurt him at the concert? :(

Can you link the Doe page on him?

This is really sad. That no one knows who this child is. What can I do to help?

TIA

Ang

I thought for sure I knew who this was, but I was wrong. I thought it was James Cooper missing from Monroe, MI but James went missing October 25, 1996, not in 1995.
Someone, somewhere has a child that they must think just ran away and decided not to try looking for them, otherwise this young man would have been claimed by someone. It makes me so sad.

What is so sad is that this case couldve been solved back in the 90's when the Dead was still touring.All LE had to do was pass out flyers at Dead shows and they wouldve gotten leads as it seems this guy was following the Dead,which although a tranisent lifestyle was also close knit among followers traveling around the country.

Sam said:
I thought for sure I knew who this was, but I was wrong. I thought it was James Cooper missing from Monroe, MI but James went missing October 25, 1996, not in 1995.
Someone, somewhere has a child that they must think just ran away and decided not to try looking for them, otherwise this young man would have been claimed by someone. It makes me so sad.
Wow... very close... maybe one of the listings has the year wrong??

PrayersForMaura said:
Wow... very close... maybe one of the listings has the year wrong??

I think that happens frequently in some of the old posts. (And possibly in newer ones too.) Always allow a little leeway. Can you find a media article to verify the dates? Or more than one listing with the same dates?

I wish it were a case of a mistaken date as the family would at least have closure. Here is his case number through the National Center for Missing Children. The look is just so similar.

Case Number: NCMC829920

Did anyone ever trace out the tele number? Even without the area code, it can be traced. Time consuming, but doable, expensive to call all the possibles, but doable.

Someone knows this boy and it would be a step to see if he was following the Greatful Dead if we knew where the Dead went after that concert. It would either confirm or eliminate something.

Sam said:
They are close but James had braces and the young man "Jason Doe" had no dental restoration. I would think they would have said if he had braces or had had them.

They are close in basic looks, but with the years being off, I can't imagine NCMEC being off a year.
Edited to add: james has blue eyes and "Jason Doe" has brown.

My two older brothers used to follow the dead around everywhere! They are from Baltimore and they would always swing through Wisconsin to come see us, so I'm pretty sure they went to A LOT of the concerts. My oldest brother also followed them ALWAYS taking pictures, he's a photographer. So he talked to soooo many people to see if they wanted to buy one. I just had an idea! I could ask him to look through his pictures too, and maybe just maybe he'll be in a pic, pretty far fetch though. I will let him know for sure, hopefully he'll get back to me sometime soon(he's sooo busy), let me know if my idea about the photos are crazy!

Here's one possible match from the Doe Network: Case# 1043DMUT (sorry, couldn't get the link to work)
The age is a little off, but that really might not mean anything....Doe Network lists his height as 5'6", the website lists 5'8 to 5'10

Okay, here's the link http://doenetwork.org/cases/1043dmut.html

i think shadows possible match is a good one maybe something will come out of it also the number thingy what if le tried to call every area coded number that matched the numeber they had... its worth a shot i wouldnt mind sleuthing for possible locations for that number....

http://www.fonefinder.net/findome.php?npa=&nxx=941&usaquerytype=Search+by+Number&cityname=
did a search with the prefix and a wild card for the location. no utah location which means the two women listed on the paper might have not been local and could have been someone at the concert... also im ruling out ct because i have not seen any missing persons fiting his description both on doe and cts unsolved mystries website.. i also saw the pic of the other missing boy james or something the dates were off but the hair looked so alike

that is a good match shadow!!

As far as the 914 prefix goes..here is a list of all places with 914 as a prefix...

http://www.fonefinder.net/findome.php?npa=&nxx=914&usaquerytype=Search+by+Number&cityname=

One that stood out particularly to me was Chester, VA, which is south of Richmond. If these people were on their way back from a concert in DC they would have went through this area on I-95 before they got to Greensville County, which is where the accident took place.

smile...looks like we were at it at the same time! LOL

I am thinking the note was maybe from someone he met at the concert or on his way to the concert or from it.

I was thinking maybe the note was from friends who were supposed to meet him at the concert but didn't make it. Doe Network states that the un-id'd got the tickets from a guy from PA...it doesn't say if the tickets were sold in PA or elsewhere (maybe at the concert). However, as I read the note it makes more sense that all the tickets (or a large number) may have been sold to a group of friends.

Missing since early '94, Simmons would have had ample time to make his way across country, hitching from state to state...
Is there a way to check for the names in the most likely prefix-matching towns?

shadowangel said:
Here's one possible match from the Doe Network: Case# 1043DMUT (sorry, couldn't get the link to work)
The age is a little off, but that really might not mean anything....Doe Network lists his height as 5'6", the website lists 5'8 to 5'10

Okay, here's the link http://doenetwork.us/cases/1043dmut.html

The age is a little off, but some definite similarites.

Sam said:
The age is a little off, but some definite similarites.
i agree...but the problem is the hair color. it looks like jason doe died his hair red while the other one was a natural red head.

edit: never mind, i just looked at his pictured again and that could definately be a dye job...this is a really good match!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401