716 users online (89 members and 627 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 86
  1. #1

    Lindy Chamberlain

    I have to say it was the same here with poor old Lindy and her baby Azaria,the prosection told us she had cut the babies throat on the front seat of the car and put the body in the camera bag their forensic person Joy Kuhl tesified to blood being everwhere in the front of the car!Turned out years laater to be rustproofing,there were so many blunders that came out after they had to release her years later.I am only glad she didnt die for it because most Aussies will now tell you a few years ago a dingo killed a 10year old boy, so no doubt from what I have seen of dingoes they would take a baby at a moments notice.
    But to be fair to Darlie it doesnt add up the same as it didnt with Lindy,she seemed as tough as nails describing whilst holding her babies ripped and torn jumpsuit how the dingo had got the baby out to eat it without undoing all the presstuds she had people hating her because of how she dealt with it! And the same jumpsuit forensics said no canine saliva or hairs present,blood consistent with someone cutting the babys throat whilst holding it upright,also the tears were not made from canine teeth but scissors from their first aid kit!!!
    I believed The Chamberlins were gulity as sin until it all came out years later,no wonder she left our country and went to USA.
    I cannot fathom how someone like Darlie ,could in fact think it all up???
    what did she gain?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Breehannah6
    I have to say it was the same here with poor old Lindy and her baby Azaria,the prosection told us she had cut the babies throat on the front seat of the car and put the body in the camera bag their forensic person Joy Kuhl tesified to blood being everwhere in the front of the car!Turned out years laater to be rustproofing,there were so many blunders that came out after they had to release her years later.I am only glad she didnt die for it because most Aussies will now tell you a few years ago a dingo killed a 10year old boy, so no doubt from what I have seen of dingoes they would take a baby at a moments notice.
    But to be fair to Darlie it doesnt add up the same as it didnt with Lindy,she seemed as tough as nails describing whilst holding her babies ripped and torn jumpsuit how the dingo had got the baby out to eat it without undoing all the presstuds she had people hating her because of how she dealt with it! And the same jumpsuit forensics said no canine saliva or hairs present,blood consistent with someone cutting the babys throat whilst holding it upright,also the tears were not made from canine teeth but scissors from their first aid kit!!!
    I believed The Chamberlins were gulity as sin until it all came out years later,no wonder she left our country and went to USA.
    I cannot fathom how someone like Darlie ,could in fact think it all up???
    what did she gain?

    Well in this case, unlike Lindy's case, there IS ample evidence - blood and other - to prove that Darlie is guilty. And, unfortunately for her, there are no dingos in Rowlett.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,320
    Right... possibly deer, but no knife-wielding dingos!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    small town, VA
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Breehannah6
    I have to say it was the same here with poor old Lindy and her baby Azaria,the prosection told us she had cut the babies throat on the front seat of the car and put the body in the camera bag their forensic person Joy Kuhl tesified to blood being everwhere in the front of the car!Turned out years laater to be rustproofing,there were so many blunders that came out after they had to release her years later.I am only glad she didnt die for it because most Aussies will now tell you a few years ago a dingo killed a 10year old boy, so no doubt from what I have seen of dingoes they would take a baby at a moments notice.
    But to be fair to Darlie it doesnt add up the same as it didnt with Lindy,she seemed as tough as nails describing whilst holding her babies ripped and torn jumpsuit how the dingo had got the baby out to eat it without undoing all the presstuds she had people hating her because of how she dealt with it! And the same jumpsuit forensics said no canine saliva or hairs present,blood consistent with someone cutting the babys throat whilst holding it upright,also the tears were not made from canine teeth but scissors from their first aid kit!!!
    I believed The Chamberlins were gulity as sin until it all came out years later,no wonder she left our country and went to USA.
    I cannot fathom how someone like Darlie ,could in fact think it all up???
    what did she gain?
    Darlie gained nothing but a death sentence, but she shed a couple of things, 2 young boys
    Nothing at all like the Lindy case. I remember the Aussie police being upset that Lindy had a black dress for the baby. That is a really weak reason to suspect a mother of murdering her baby. There is nothing like that in Darlie's case. There was no rustproofing on her white carpet which turned red that night either. I keep saying it, but if it needs to be said again, I will. There is more solid forensic evidence against Darlie than in most murder cases. She has used up all of her state appeals. You mentioned Lindy was set free when the blunders were discovered several years later. Darlie has been sitting on Death Row since 1997. Her attorneys have tried every trick in the book to get her a new trial and they can't get one. So that's why it's different than Lindy's case. If not, Darlie would have been granted a new trial already.
    Beesy Was Here

    So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    small town, VA
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas
    Right... possibly deer, but no knife-wielding dingos!
    If there are any Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans out there, you'll remember that Oz had a band called Dingos Ate My Baby, maybe they did it
    Beesy Was Here

    So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Breehannah6
    I believed The Chamberlins were gulity as sin until it all came out years later,no wonder she left our country and went to USA.
    I cannot fathom how someone like Darlie ,could in fact think it all up???
    what did she gain?
    What do you mean "someone like Darlie?" How is she so different from Susan Smith, another young mother who kept her children clean and well nourished until she drove them into the lake and then lied about it to escape detection? Nothing Darlie "thought up" took much creative genius. I think anyone who set out to commit such a crime and get away with it could think the same thing up.

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.

  7. #7
    In Susan Smiths case as well as some other cases it was over a man who didnt want to involve themselves with a mother,weak excues yes I agree.

    With Lindy no excuse at all, religous nuts we were told and it was years later it turned out to be rustproofing Joy Kuhl the pathologists claimed it was blood and even worse of a baby under 6months as they have a different haemaglobin,
    When she gave birth to her next baby they whisked it away as soon as it was born, So strong was all this blood eveidence ,no canine saliva hair or the cuts in the babys jumpsuit .They claimed as I said the spray pattern of blood in the front of their car was cosistent with Lindy cutting baby Azarias throat whilst holding her upright! There were lots of red faces and jobs lost many years later when things were re-analised.
    The point I am making is that Lindy would have been sat in the same kind of cell as Darlie ,if she had of been in this predicament in Texas.

    I have watched programs and read up on this and still think somethings isnt quite right, I think hubby had a hit on his 3 life insurances he didnt come downstairs until she was screaming.
    Trauma is a great thing we all see events in a different way and Darlie isnt a rocket scientist thats for sure.
    It could have been hubby opened front door for hitman, then assisted in cutting screen went upstairs prior to the nasty business ,maybe someone did go out through the screen ,the person that took the missing knife and dropped the bloody sock that may have been used to contain victims screamming whilst attacked!
    Its a hard call none of us were there but I sure dont think they have lined up all the ducks with this case

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    small town, VA
    Posts
    1,814
    [QUOTE=Breehannah6]
    In Susan Smiths case as well as some other cases it was over a man who didnt want to involve themselves with a mother,weak excues yes I agree.
    That's not weak, it's just plain stupid. Are you trying to convince us that Darlie is innocent because she didn't kill her boys for another man????????
    With Lindy no excuse at all, religous nuts we were told and it was years later it turned out to be rustproofing Joy Kuhl the pathologists claimed it was blood and even worse of a baby under 6months as they have a different haemaglobin,
    People are murdered everyday with no "excuse", no motive. I realize Lindy was innocent, but Darlie is not Lindy. Darlie is Darlie. Stop comparing cases. You're comparing apples to oranges. Darlie had plenty Darlie reasons for killing her boys. Things that seem senseless to us, but weren't to her. How can you say that at least Susan Smith had an excuse? A stupid man!? Please!
    The point I am making is that Lindy would have been sat in the same kind of cell as Darlie ,if she had of been in this predicament in Texas.
    That's doubtful, Lindy would have received a new trial if there was as much evidence of mess-ups as you say there was. TX doesn't kill everybody. Do you think those jurors wanted Darlie to be guilty? Nobody wants to think a mother could kill her children, but it happens and it did happen. All of those judges who have looked at her appeals, do they just want her to die for the heck of it? This is not a conspiracy. I believed her at first too, but if you know anything about blood evidence at all, there's just no other answer. There is no way an unknown person could have been in that house without leaving some trace of himself. If so, it would have been found by now. Don't you think Darlie's supporters are trying to find something, anything? They can't, it's not there.

    I have watched programs and read up on this and still think somethings isnt quite right, I think hubby had a hit on his 3 life insurances he didnt come downstairs until she was screaming.
    Have you read books? Have you looked at the pix? Have you read any of these posts? Court TV and A&E programs are wonderful, but they usually show the other side unless the person admits to the crime. They should not be used as a primary source of information. You're debating with people who have done all of the above and much more.
    The Routiers blew the 10 grand they got for the boys on their funeral, plus they needed more money to pay for that. I hope Darin didn't pay this invisible hit man because he forgot something. According to Darlie's story, the "intruder" saw her running behind him. He had no doubt that he left her alive. She wasn't unconscious, she was very much alive. A grown man easily could have overpowered her. By your theory, he wouldn't have been worried about time since you say Darin already knew he was down there killing his family. He didn't need to make a break for it. And when else would Darin have come downstairs? Before she began screaming?
    It could have been hubby opened front door for hitman, then assisted in cutting screen went upstairs prior to the nasty business ,maybe someone did go out through the screen ,the person that took the missing knife and dropped the bloody sock that may have been used to contain victims screamming whilst attacked!
    excuse me, was I snickering?
    It could have been aliens too, but it wasn't. There is no missing knife, the sock had 2 dots of blood on it, it wasn't a "bloody" sock. The sock contained no saliva. It contained Darlie's skin cells. There is no evidence that any of the victims were gagged, especially the boys. Nobody went out thru the screen. There is evidence pointing against that. Have you decided how this "intruder" got out of the backyard? The back gate was closed and was very difficult to maneuver. An intruder would not have taken the time to close it behind himself. By going out the window, you would have no other way out except for the backyard gate. Why isn't there any blood along this route? There is not any high velocity blood spatter going out the front door either.
    Its a hard call none of us were there but I sure dont think they have lined up all the ducks with this case

    No, actually it's not a hard call. All the ducks are in a row and they all point to Darlie.
    Last edited by beesy; 08-17-2005 at 10:28 PM.
    Beesy Was Here

    So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    3,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Breehannah6
    In Susan Smiths case as well as some other cases it was over a man who didnt want to involve themselves with a mother,weak excues yes I agree.

    With Lindy no excuse at all, religous nuts we were told and it was years later it turned out to be rustproofing Joy Kuhl the pathologists claimed it was blood and even worse of a baby under 6months as they have a different haemaglobin,
    When she gave birth to her next baby they whisked it away as soon as it was born, So strong was all this blood eveidence ,no canine saliva hair or the cuts in the babys jumpsuit .They claimed as I said the spray pattern of blood in the front of their car was cosistent with Lindy cutting baby Azarias throat whilst holding her upright! There were lots of red faces and jobs lost many years later when things were re-analised.
    The point I am making is that Lindy would have been sat in the same kind of cell as Darlie ,if she had of been in this predicament in Texas.

    I have watched programs and read up on this and still think somethings isnt quite right, I think hubby had a hit on his 3 life insurances he didnt come downstairs until she was screaming.
    Trauma is a great thing we all see events in a different way and Darlie isnt a rocket scientist thats for sure.
    It could have been hubby opened front door for hitman, then assisted in cutting screen went upstairs prior to the nasty business ,maybe someone did go out through the screen ,the person that took the missing knife and dropped the bloody sock that may have been used to contain victims screamming whilst attacked!
    Its a hard call none of us were there but I sure dont think they have lined up all the ducks with this case
    Oooooh, we Texans are just bloodthirsty monsters who are jealous of this bimbo and want to execute her for nothing. Darlie sure was lucky that the murderous "intruder" decided to stop stabbing and changed to scratching her with a knife, huh? Maybe he didn't want to mess up her beee uuu tiful boobs, huh?

    Just tell me how the "intruder" got that damned knife out of the kitchen butcher block, cut the screen with it, and got it back in the butcher block from outside the house and I will break her out myself.

    The ducks lined up for 12 reasonable people to say, she did it. And no one would climb out a screen when the door is open, would they? Sheesh. I am so glad this case has been tried and that biatch is just waiting on a date with the grim reaper.

    You can bash the TV representations, but their versions line up with the evidence. Darlie's story, or stories, don't fit the evidence. So I am going to go with the ones that don't include aliens and seem to fit the facts. So did the jury.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    3,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Well in this case, unlike Lindy's case, there IS ample evidence - blood and other - to prove that Darlie is guilty. And, unfortunately for her, there are no dingos in Rowlett.
    Haha, besides, there is something a little strange about

    "Howdy, ya'll. Cain't ya see, a dingo stabbed ma babies..."


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl
    Haha, besides, there is something a little strange about

    "Howdy, ya'll. Cain't ya see, a dingo stabbed ma babies..."
    Too funny! You don't think her husband was involved as well? I do.

    BTW You better not leave this forum! While everyone here may not appreciate your sense of humor, *I* do, and what else REALLY matters?

    I do understand what you mean, I am having a heck of a time staying off a particular thread on the Ramsey board! I just keep reading the posts, shaking my head and refusing to post my opinion as it would only lead to trouble. I may loose sleep ...."restraint" isn't my strong point! LOL

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652

    Motive, Evidence, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Breehannah6
    In Susan Smiths case as well as some other cases it was over a man who didnt want to involve themselves with a mother,weak excues yes I agree.
    The motive is not the important fact. Besides, I don't think Susan has ever stated publicly what her motive was. We are just getting the police's summation of motive based on the facts as they know them. I think Susan probably felt trapped and overwhelmed by her responsibilities and lack of help from the children's father, and the boyfriend's rejection was probably just more confirmation of that. However, whatever actually drove her that day was probably not just her feelings of lost love but a combination of things, just like Darlie, that went way beyond just one single motive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Breehannah6
    With Lindy no excuse at all, religous nuts we were told and it was years later it turned out to be rustproofing Joy Kuhl the pathologists claimed it was blood and even worse of a baby under 6months as they have a different haemaglobin,
    When she gave birth to her next baby they whisked it away as soon as it was born, So strong was all this blood eveidence ,no canine saliva hair or the cuts in the babys jumpsuit .They claimed as I said the spray pattern of blood in the front of their car was cosistent with Lindy cutting baby Azarias throat whilst holding her upright! There were lots of red faces and jobs lost many years later when things were re-analised.
    The point I am making is that Lindy would have been sat in the same kind of cell as Darlie ,if she had of been in this predicament in Texas..
    I don't think so. Lindy's case would have never made it thru Texas courts. You are forgetting that there was compelling physical evidence against Darlie that could not be explained any other way but that she was the killer. There was no such evidence against Lindy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Breehannah6
    I have watched programs and read up on this and still think somethings isnt quite right, I think hubby had a hit on his 3 life insurances he didnt come downstairs until she was screaming.
    Trauma is a great thing we all see events in a different way and Darlie isnt a rocket scientist thats for sure.
    It could have been hubby opened front door for hitman, then assisted in cutting screen went upstairs prior to the nasty business ,maybe someone did go out through the screen ,the person that took the missing knife and dropped the bloody sock that may have been used to contain victims screamming whilst attacked!
    Its a hard call none of us were there but I sure dont think they have lined up all the ducks with this case
    Darin could not have been involved in the murders without Darlie knowing it, so if you believe he did it, then you have to believe that Darlie is covering up for him. And there is not a single blade of evidence indicating that Darlie would give up her life to save his. No way would she sit on death row for almost ten years now if she knew he did it.

    If Darin hired a hitman to kill her for insurance money, she would have been the target. Instead it is easy to see the children were the targets. They were the ones with the deadliest wounds, which is the key element in determining who the target in a murder scene is....i.e. the one with the deadliest wounds.

    There is no blood evidence at all to tie Darin to the scene before he said he became a part of it. All of the blood evidence points to Darlie and only Darlie.

    I am all for wanting her to be innocent, but not if I have to throw out compelling evidence against her to do it.

    You are right that there are a lot of unanswered questions, little mysteries left unsolved in this case, but what remains does not question Darlie's guilt. It questions Darin's and it questions what happened to bring on the attack on the children, it questions clear motive, but if we have the answers to it all, we would have nothing to exonerate her because we can't undo the blood evidence or the fiber evidence and that is what it would take to exonerate her at this point.

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652

    Invisible Intruder

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl
    And no one would climb out a screen when the door is open, would they?
    Esp when they would have to walk a narrow path in the dark amongst stacks of boxes (for the upcoming garage sale) to even get to that screen. But of course he would have brought his handy-dandy flashlight along with him to fix that little problem. He brought the flashlight but not the knife. Weird intruder, that guy.

    And let's not forget that once he made it through that obstacle course of a garage to the window and stepped out of it onto the patio, he still had to get to the gate , that broken gate, and thru it without tripping the motion detector that would trip the flood light in the back yard. (He must have been casing the place for some time to know how to avoid that motion detector) Then he had to walk down the drive (after picking up that heavy gate and closing it so the neighbors wouldn't notice someone had been there) and he had to walk down the drive under the big street light across the street, make it to the alley and then down the alley for 75 feet without being seen where he dropped the bloody sock and disappeared into the night never to be heard of again.

    Don't forget there is another street light on the corner and then three spotlights on the water fountain in their front yard, which was kitty corner from the street light on the corner. That puts two street lights within about a half of block of each other along the side of the house where the driveway and entrance to the alley were. The guy must have felt like he was on stage. He couldn't have picked a better lit up house in the subdivision.

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl
    The ducks lined up for 12 reasonable people to say, she did it. .
    The ducks are quacking...Darlie, Darlie, Darlie!

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,652

    Darin

    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ

    You don't think her husband was involved as well? I do.
    How do you think Darin was involved?

    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
    __________________
    This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. PA PA - Lindy Biechler, 19, Lancaster County, 5 Dec 1975
    By gaia227 in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 06-29-2017, 08:55 PM
  2. GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #2
    By imamaze in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1026
    Last Post: 05-24-2014, 03:17 PM
  3. GUILTY WA - Darren Christian, 28, Daniel Varo, 22, & Lindy Cochran, 21, Tacoma, 7 Feb 2006
    By Alice253 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 02:39 PM