WA - Author Ann Rule Was Abused, Ripped Off By Her Sons, Cops Say

spamelope

Reaction score
Bestselling true crime author Ann Rule was bilked out of more than $100,000 by two of her sons, one of whom demanded money while she "cowered in her wheelchair," authorities said.

Michael Rule, 51, has been charged with theft in the first degree and forgery, for allegedly writing himself $103,628 in checks from his mother's bank account, according to charging documents. Andrew Rule, 54, was accused of coercing his mother into giving him $23,327 and was charged with first-degree theft. Both are free on their own recognizance awaiting trial.

I love her. Best wishes for full recovery and justice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...ft_n_7111854.html?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

Oh wow... My thoughts are with poor Ann :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bestselling true crime author Ann Rule was bilked out of more than $100,000 by two of her sons, one of whom demanded money while she "cowered in her wheelchair," authorities said.

Michael Rule, 51, has been charged with theft in the first degree and forgery, for allegedly writing himself $103,628 in checks from his mother's bank account, according to charging documents. Andrew Rule, 54, was accused of coercing his mother into giving him $23,327 and was charged with first-degree theft. Both are free on their own recognizance awaiting trial.

I love her. Best wishes for full recovery and justice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...ft_n_7111854.html?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

This is a surprise to me! I thought Ann only had a daughter! I hope they work this all out as a family should. I've read all of her books. :)

Ann Rule, 84, has been in declining health since an October 2013 fall that resulted in a broken hip, according to court documents....She "is on oxygen at all times," suffers from periods of "extreme confusion" and is "vulnerable to undue influence."
more from OP link

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/fame-true-crime-writer-ann-rule-victim-theft/nkyrg/

Investigators were tipped off about the charges of financial exploitation last month when her son-in-law emailed the King County Prosecutor's office.

Court documents also show that when some checks were overdrawn, one of Ann Rule's caregivers helped her download a Key Bank app, where she has an account. Through the app she was able to find that her checks were being forged.

According to prosecutors, "Andy would pester and bully Ann relentlessly for money, sometimes,threatening suicide, sometimes trying to make her feel guilty, sometimes screaming obscenities at her, until she would finally give in and write him a check."

(modsnip)

Wow...
Police Department revealed that four of Ann Rule's children receive an estimated $25,000 monthly salary through her corporation, Rule Enterprises LLC, for "assigned responsibilities."

i don't understand the active search title............search for whom or what??? :thinking:

So sad to hear about her troubles.....at least her caregiver & son-in-law seem to be watching out for her!

oh my, love her books and movies. So sorry to hear her health is declining, and hope she removes those 2 sons from inheritances. Bless your heart, Ms. Rule.

Sorry, my mistake. Maybe a mod can remove that?
i thought i was missing the obvious :D

i'm sure they'll fix it, :tyou: sooo much for the story, i had not seen a thing about it and i'm constantly scanning the internet....

i'm a HUGE ann fan and it saddens me to hear of this......what a wonderfully talented storyteller she is.........:rose:

Can you imagine Ann Rule's horror as she opened up the Key Bank app and saw the checks forged by her son?

I am assuming Ann is telling prosecutors to file charges. Wouldn't a prosecutor need her agreement to file charges on forgery?

Very heartbreaking.

Can you imagine Ann Rule's horror as she opened up the Key Bank app and saw the checks forged by her son?

I am assuming Ann is telling prosecutors to file charges. Wouldn't a prosecutor need her agreement to file charges on forgery?

Very heartbreaking.
make that sons with an s......two of them :(.....

how awful for her.........and they get a monthly "salary" from her already :mad:....

talk about ungrateful!!!

i thought i was missing the obvious :D

i'm sure they'll fix it, :tyou: sooo much for the story, i had not seen a thing about it and i'm constantly scanning the internet....

i'm a HUGE ann fan and it saddens me to hear of this......what a wonderfully talented storyteller she is.........:rose:

You're welcome. I saw this and hurried over to post it, pronto! Ann Rule is a favorite here. God bless her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back