722 users online (111 members and 611 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

OH - Emily Yockey, 15, Sylvania, 21 April 2015

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This is the daughter of a friend of my niece's here in Toledo. Sylvania is a suburb of Sylvania. My niece sent me the link last night and I did not post because I did a search and there was nothing. Not even on her parents FB sites. Tonite there is posted on her moms sight (Stephanie Begin Yockey) but no plea from mom per se. I'm still thinking this might be a hack. There is NO news on this and trust me, a 15 year old girl disappearing at 7AM walking to the bus in Sylvania, Ohio would be big news. Will keep checking to see if this is legit.

My niece just told me she got the link from her high school alum site (Notre Dame Academy in Toledo) not from Mom.

Are we leaning toward a hoax?

This is listed on the police page in Holland, Ohio. It's also on a few missing sites but is the same poster, so maybe it was just shared. I know someone who lives in Sylvania, Ohio. I wonder how far from our friend's home this is.

I just saw several relatives in ohio posting this on facebook. I cannot find a thing on the news out there though
    Last edited by Mollyandme; 04-23-2015 at 10:27 AM.
    "The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path"~Travis Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by jashrema View Post
    This is the daughter of a friend of my niece's here in Toledo. Sylvania is a suburb of Sylvania. My niece sent me the link last night and I did not post because I did a search and there was nothing. Not even on her parents FB sites. Tonite there is posted on her moms sight (Stephanie Begin Yockey) but no plea from mom per se. I'm still thinking this might be a hack. There is NO news on this and trust me, a 15 year old girl disappearing at 7AM walking to the bus in Sylvania, Ohio would be big news. Will keep checking to see if this is legit.
    I'm baffled as to why this isn't on the news. I found out bc my husband has relatives in sylvania and they are all posting the missing persons poster on facebook so of course I came here to check. Something isn't really adding up, imo.
    "The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path"~Travis Alexander

Does anyone else look at the post and views numbers for threads? This particular thread has exponentially more views that most. Wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by loveisthemovement View Post
    Does anyone else look at the post and views numbers for threads? This particular thread has exponentially more views that most. Wonder why.
    That caught my eye too. Wonder why there is NO MSM or alert about this missing girl. I don't have access to Facebook so Los' link in the OP means nothing to me.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Didn't Hayley Turner attend Notre Dame Academy in Toledo? Hayley staged her own kidnapping last summer. There was a discussion thread on the case elsewhere on this forum.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-7-August-2014

That is weird....and in such a short time. Hmmmm....

Maybe because it's a 15 year old missing girl. I've really got no idea...

Is there no news stories, so do we know if made it to school, if she had a cell phone ?
    Don't mind the misspellings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby1 View Post
    That is weird....and in such a short time. Hmmmm....
    There are currently 27 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 25 guests)

This is strange that there is no MSM report. Perhaps because it is believed she is a "runaway"? But still, she is only 15, so I would think it would be important enough for a news report on the local stations or newspapers. Mom's FB doesn't seem terribly upset .... I would be screaming for people to help me find my daughter.

Perhaps part of the views here are due to having another missing young person (age 23) for a nearby area?
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...4#post11718237
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast