CA - Priceless Love Letters Stolen from 80-Year-Old Widow, Glendale, Apr 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
MISSING: Priceless Love Letters Stolen from 80-Year-Old Widow
When Rosaleen Rickerby’s husband of 56 years died on their wedding anniversary last December she took comfort in knowing she still had a box of his love letters to read. Every so often she would take them out and read a few of them to reflect on their precious memories.

But now those letters, written by her husband John when they were dating and kept for years in a makeup case in her closet, are missing—stolen by a thief who likely had no idea what they were taking. The little piece of him she had left is now seemingly gone forever.

Her late husband, who once said the couple were "soul mates from the day we met," sent her letters every week or two in the late 1950s. "She was the prettiest girl I had ever seen," he wrote in his memoirs.
ribbon_0_1429710953.jpg

Read more: http://www.delilah.com/articles/dai...ve-letters-stolen-from-13526545#ixzz3Y4Vos2WY

Stealing these is almost like...trying to murder her found memories.....

Stealing her love letters and precious memories was a very cruel thing for someone to do. I hope she will get the letters back and in good shape.

Those letters mean absolutely nothing to the people who stole them and should be returned immediately. I can't even imagine the heartache she is going through. They truly understood how to love, we need more people like this couple nowadays. How wonderful to be able to read something your true love wrote by hand.

Do the right thing and return those letters promptly!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back