GUILTY TX - Leza Maddalone, 31, shot to death, Pearland, 14 Aug 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A man fatally shot the mother of his two children and wounded their grandmother in the parking lot of a Pearland bank Sunday night while his children were being returned during a visitation exchange, authorities told Local 2.

Investigators with the Brazoria County Sheriff's Department said Leza Maddalone, 31, was picking up her two children with her mother, Debra Sanchez, at about 7 p.m. at the Regions Bank on McHard Road near F.M. 2234 from her former mother-in-law, who had the children.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/4852867/detail.html

I have lurked at this site quite often, finding the community very informative with almost always with intriguing comments by its members. When I spotted this I had to reply.
Leza Maddalone was a coworker of mine, a Nurse, who loved people and has been in the medical field for over ten years. Though I didn't know her well enough to call her friend, I did know she was a kind, thoughtful person who loved helping people.
Those of us who knew her are still shocked by this tragedy. For now, the only comfort I have is in knowing that her children are at least safe from the person who committed this crime.
Keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

"D"

Drachen_Spirit said:
I have lurked at this site quite often, finding the community very informative with almost always with intriguing comments by its members. When I spotted this I had to reply.
Leza Maddalone was a coworker of mine, a Nurse, who loved people and has been in the medical field for over ten years. Though I didn't know her well enough to call her friend, I did know she was a kind, thoughtful person who loved helping people.
Those of us who knew her are still shocked by this tragedy. For now, the only comfort I have is in knowing that her children are at least safe from the person who committed this crime.
Keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

"D"
Drachen_Spirit, thank you very much for posting and welcome to the posting part of the community. I am so sorry about the loss of you coworker/friend. It really is hard when it is someone you know isn't it? How is the grandmother doing? I assumed that the reason she was meeting him in at a bank lot, was due to domestic problems previously? Since you are local, you will get more info on this than I will. Please keep up updated?

From February 2008:

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/tx-court-of-appeals/1086122.html

The murder trial of Maddalone occurred first in cause number 49995. During the guilt-innocence stage of the murder trial, the State presented evidence that appellant shot Sanchez, including the number of times she was shot and the nature of her injuries. A jury convicted appellant of murder and assessed his punishment at life in prison and a $10,000 fine.

After appellant was found guilty of murder, the State proceeded with the trial for the attempted murder of Debra Sanchez... A jury convicted appellant of the attempted murder of Sanchez in cause number 50811 4 and assessed punishment at 70 years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back