948 users online (137 members and 811 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Leza Maddalone, 31, shot to death, Pearland, 14 Aug 2005

A man fatally shot the mother of his two children and wounded their grandmother in the parking lot of a Pearland bank Sunday night while his children were being returned during a visitation exchange, authorities told Local 2.

Investigators with the Brazoria County Sheriff's Department said Leza Maddalone, 31, was picking up her two children with her mother, Debra Sanchez, at about 7 p.m. at the Regions Bank on McHard Road near F.M. 2234 from her former mother-in-law, who had the children.
    http://www.click2houston.com/news/4852867/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Mother, Grandmother shot during exchange visit

I have lurked at this site quite often, finding the community very informative with almost always with intriguing comments by its members. When I spotted this I had to reply.
    Leza Maddalone was a coworker of mine, a Nurse, who loved people and has been in the medical field for over ten years. Though I didn't know her well enough to call her friend, I did know she was a kind, thoughtful person who loved helping people.
    Those of us who knew her are still shocked by this tragedy. For now, the only comfort I have is in knowing that her children are at least safe from the person who committed this crime.
    Keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

"D"

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen_Spirit
    I have lurked at this site quite often, finding the community very informative with almost always with intriguing comments by its members. When I spotted this I had to reply.
    Leza Maddalone was a coworker of mine, a Nurse, who loved people and has been in the medical field for over ten years. Though I didn't know her well enough to call her friend, I did know she was a kind, thoughtful person who loved helping people.
    Those of us who knew her are still shocked by this tragedy. For now, the only comfort I have is in knowing that her children are at least safe from the person who committed this crime.
    Keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

"D"
    Drachen_Spirit, thank you very much for posting and welcome to the posting part of the community. I am so sorry about the loss of you coworker/friend. It really is hard when it is someone you know isn't it? How is the grandmother doing? I assumed that the reason she was meeting him in at a bank lot, was due to domestic problems previously? Since you are local, you will get more info on this than I will. Please keep up updated?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

From February 2008:

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/tx-court-...s/1086122.html

The murder trial of Maddalone occurred first in cause number 49995. During the guilt-innocence stage of the murder trial, the State presented evidence that appellant shot Sanchez, including the number of times she was shot and the nature of her injuries. A jury convicted appellant of murder and assessed his punishment at life in prison and a $10,000 fine.

After appellant was found guilty of murder, the State proceeded with the trial for the attempted murder of Debra Sanchez... A jury convicted appellant of the attempted murder of Sanchez in cause number 50811 4 and assessed punishment at 70 years in prison.