Alice253

Live Every Moment
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
jones_amanda.jpg
jones_amanda2.jpg

photos: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jones_amanda.html

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...18C53B66415B8F708625705F0015F5FA?OpenDocument

"More than 75 police officers and firefighters searched the Hillsboro area Monday for a pregnant 26-year-old Pevely woman who has been missing since about 5 p.m. Sunday."

"Jones' father, Hubert Propst, said his daughter is nine months pregnant and had gone to the center to meet with the father of the unborn baby. Police said they don't consider that man to be a suspect."

More at link.....

MODS, if there is another thread on this woman, please delete. I did a search, though, and didn't find one.

I am in town visiting my family and they live pretty close (45 minutes) from where this woman went missing.

I just saw the news and the sherriff is more of less saying that they believe she decided to take a couple of days and go off. I say bullcrap, she went to meet w/the father of the child and her checkbook is sitting in the front seat and the doors were unlocked. Hmmmmmmmmmmm Hate to say it but doesn't sound to good.

Prayers that she is found safe.

Dan Abrams had Amanda's parents on and the story connected to the father of the baby is very odd to say the least. The father of the baby called Amanda Sunday morning to tell her that a couple in a red car came by to see him and said "You have to call Amanda." He said he did not know these people. Amanda doesn't know these people. But he suggested that they meet at the Civic Center and that they would all go to lunch in Desoto, a seafood restaurant called "Off the Hook."

Amanda's father said that he didn't really know this guy.

He's my suspect. This story makes no sense. How much do you want to bet this "couple" never calls LE.

lisafremont said:
Dan Abrams had Amanda's parents on and the story connected to the father of the baby is very odd to say the least. The father of the baby called Amanda Sunday morning to tell her that a couple in a red car came by to see him and said "You have to call Amanda." He said he did not know these people. Amanda doesn't know these people. But he suggested that they meet at the Civic Center and that they would all go to lunch in Desoto, a seafood restaurant called "Off the Hook."

He's my suspect. This story makes no sense. How much do you want to bet this "couple" never calls LE.

I missed the story, but agree with you lisafremont!
Something very fishy about this, besides the restaurant!

lisafremont said:

Shish, wish I had heard this on the tube, what a very weird account isn't it?

Lets all hope she shows up, AND SOON!

Beyond Belief said:
Greta is doing alot of coverage on Amanda. I hope it helps!
Well poop, I don't have cable anymore, but my mom has Fox on all day long so I'll ask her what she hears if she even pays attention that is! ;)

lisafremont said:

Sounds like the brown van / the homeless people...etc
Don't sound very promising at all.
My thoughts & prayers are for her being found alive, but
the bf needs ripped apart by LE.

This story is all wrong. Nobody leaves their checkbook on the front seat of an unlocked car or a locked car for that matter.

Using words like "Off the hook" sounds more like daddyo gets off the hook when mommy's gone.

Rita Cosby interviewed the family tonight. My understanding is that the father of the baby has never been involved until he called Amanda and asked her to meet with him at the Civic Center. I don't understand why he would want to do something to her and the baby if he hasn't even been involved in Amanda's life for the past 9 months...unless she was going after him for child support.

She has a 4 yr old child...is my understanding... and is very close to her family. They said that she calls all of the time and wouldn't be one to just take off.

I'm so sick of hearing LE say that they don't suspect foul play. Then they mess around until the person's body is found. If they would suspect foul play from the beginning and if they would LISTEN to the victim's family the victim might be found before she is murdered. What does LE need...a video tape or a confession before they think there is foul play. It just makes me so darn mad. They should suspect the worst and then if it turns out good that is great but take the darn blinders off officers. Look how many pregnant women have ended up dead lately. They should be going over the car of the father of the baby with a fine tooth comb...going over his home, etc.

Amanda's checkbook was laying on the car seat? She decided to take a few days off with no checkbook or car??????? That babies father has done something to her...you can take that to the bank...if the LE will get off their butts and check him inside out and upside down maybe they could find something out.

Boyfriend is my bet as well. If she was receiving any social services at all, the state would go after the father right before the birth. I'm sure he decided he wasn't going to do anything for either of them! Odd that she should disappear with so many people around. I wonder if anyone saw her getting into a different car or anything?

I went to the St. Louis Cardinals game last night, and they had a newscast-type thing on the big screen before the game started during which they mentioned Amanda. I don't know how I missed it before then, but that was the first I'd heard about it. Nothing new today that I could find locally. I sure hope she did decide to get away, but it just doesn't seem likely.:mad:

Was the place her car was found, a staged event? Who would gain by her disappearance? Did the boyfriend ever meet with her? I am lost in this case. Did the boyfriend admit he called her?

Could it be possible that a couple really did call setting this up, with the purpose of taking Amanda for the baby? Stranger things have happened. Surely if someone did call this boyfriend, there will be a record of it in his phone records.

I pray she shows up safe and sound.

I would think that possible, but it could only be someone who knew her and him. Or someone who had access to his name, maybe paperwork at a dr.'s office, pre admission hospital office, or some mutual acquaintance.

You don't think this coming from her end? Like a grandstand play to get him interested in her and the child.

I would love to think its that way, so she'd be okay.

Apparently, she's still missing. :( How often does this happen? This is the third one I've heard of in recent weeks.

According to the father of the baby, he last saw her in the parking lot talking on her cell phone. I hope LE was at least smart enough to check her cell phone records and the time that he said he last saw her.

What's with him getting a lawyer the first time he talks to LE? :doh: Guilty conscience?

JMHO
fran

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...OpenDocument&highlight=2,"amanda"+AND+"jones"

Family fears for safety of missing pregnant woman
By Matthew Hathaway
Of the Post-Dispatch
08/17/2005

Amanda Jones told her friends and co-workers to keep her in their prayers this month. She was expecting to deliver a baby boy, her second child, and she was delighted.

But now Jones' friends and family are keeping the single mother in their prayers for a different reason.

Jones, who is nine months pregnant, hasn't been seen since Sunday evening, and police searching for the 26-year-old Pevely woman say they're running out of leads.

At the Eagle Bank in Festus, where Jones worked as a loan administrator, her colleagues spent much of Tuesday talking and worrying about their popular co-worker. Advertisement

This was either a set up or someone trying to make it look like a set up. Their going to have to look deeper into her past relationships and that of boyfriends. I don't think this was someone after her baby. I think this was someone who needed her out of their life, but a third party on the boyfriends side would not have put him at the scene. I wonder if she turned someone down for a loan they needed. That could tick someone off.

Now they said she was pictured on a video at Walgreens or someplace after he left her at the car. Anymore information on this?

The first thing that came to mind when I read this was that the "father" did not want to deal with child support or any of the other responsibilities that comes with being a "parent" and maybe he found a couple that was willing to pay any price for a baby. So maybe she is alive somewhere and he is just waiting for her to give birth. Just my thoughts.....:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back