bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Chelsea Bruck
bruck_t670.jpg
chelseabruck_t670.jpg

Find Chelsea Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1492405374366496/

Maybee woman missing after Halloween party
Police are seeking assistance in locating a 22-year-old Maybee woman who is missing. Chelsea Ellen Bruck attended a Halloween party on Post Rd. in Frenchtown Township on Saturday, but has not been heard from since. Her family does not know of her whereabouts and contacted the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office to report her as missing. She was last seen wearing a “Poison Ivy” costume from the “Batman” films. Her costume was a leaf-covered top with tight-fitting black pants.

Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/oct/28/authorities-seek-missing-monroe-woman/

Case Map

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

I saw this report on local WDIV (Channel 4) last week. I know that Chelsea's family believes that human trafficking is a possibility to explain Chelsea's disappearance (and the potential for her to still be alive), but Chelsea doesn't fit the typical prototype of the very young women (pre-teens) who are inducted into sex slavery. :moo:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/human-trafficking-in-michigan-survivors-tell-stories/32471224

Traffickers look for vulnurable people. This can be homeless teens, or women from other countries traveling alone looking for a better future, etc.
I am not sure if they would look for victims at parties like the one Chelsea attended. I think it is possible. Being injured, without transportation,
separated from her friends, she was vulnurable at that moment.

But I am not sure how this scenario would fit with the clothing that has been found (if it is indeed Chelsea's).

Traffickers look for vulnurable people. This can be homeless teens, or women from other countries traveling alone looking for a better future, etc.
I am not sure if they would look for victims at parties like the one Chelsea attended. I think it is possible. Being injured, without transportation,
separated from her friends, she was vulnurable at that moment.

But I am not sure how this scenario would fit with the clothing that has been found (if it is indeed Chelsea's).

It doesn't fit, and I don't consider human trafficking as a possibility in this case.

Re: The fire. Would all residential fires be investigated, i.e. for insurance claims? I wonder if there was a thorough investigation of the house fire mentioned earlier. Suppose the fire was deliberately set to get rid of evidence of a crime. Do all municipalities have resources to investigate suspicious house fires? Were the premises of that fire thoroughly searched, or was the incident simply regarded as accidental and didn't require serious investigation?

Re: The fire. Would all residential fires be investigated, i.e. for insurance claims? I wonder if there was a thorough investigation of the house fire mentioned earlier. Suppose the fire was deliberately set to get rid of evidence of a crime. Do all municipalities have resources to investigate suspicious house fires? Were the premises of that fire thoroughly searched, or was the incident simply regarded as accidental and didn't require serious investigation?

I found an event on a page for the house fire victims, HBs friends. It said they did not have insurance so they were holding a fundraiser for them back in January.... Wonder if locating a police report for either the fire or Heros confession would turn up anything ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BDE, I sent a note via Facebook for details on the Utica event. I will post here if I get a reply.

IMO, not seeing it. But I'm glad you posted the photo so everyone knows to look out for that creep!

Have you seen this flasher on Telegraph Road?
By Jay Grossman, Detroit Free Press,
5:04 pm edt Apr 23, '15

Would you look at the picture of the guy in this article, is it POIish at all to your eye?

Sorry if it's a false alarm, which it may very well be.
Gross. What a sick creep.

His hairstyle is the question mark. It's a far cry from the emo look we see in the sketch.

I got a new computer last week (mini-tower/desktop) and am still wending my way through the new Windows format. I finally figured out yesterday how to open a second screen :D and viewed sketch guy and HB side-by-side. Hair is different, to be sure, but that could have changed over several months. Glasses are easily added/subtracted for just about anyone. I wear glasses for distance/driving but rarely at other times. HB could be the guy with whom Chelsea left the party. :moo:

There was some discussion a couple of days ago about how to locate the scene of a fight from pictures of its surroundings. Here are some of the location clues that GigTu, FindHG, DMC and I think we've seen in them:

Just west of the camera's location is a bright white area of either flowing water or snow. (As in the rightmost thumbnail. The camera is facing west).

Further west by maybe a hundred yards is a generally north-south row of at least a few buildings. (Also in rightmost thumbnail).

A hundred yards or so further west is a high voltage electric line running north-south. It is strung from tall pylons. (As in the narrow fourth thumbnail.)

Just south of the camera is a row of smaller telephone poles with cross bars (like lower case t's) that run east-west. (As in the second thumbnail from the left. The camera is facing southish.)

Just a little further south is a generally east-west row buildings including a large one just south of the camera with a roof peak whose center line runs east-west. (Also shown in the second thumbnail).

Just north by north-west of the camera position, and only a few dozen yards away is another building with a peaked roof. (As in the leftmost thumbnail).

In hopes of reducing the area to search for that combination of features, I've traced, in red, all of the pylon strung electric transmission lines that I could find in the general area of the Chelsea case using a Google map. It also has a markers showing the Peters Road search site where some clothes of Chelsea's were found, and the site of the Halloween Bash at which she was last seen:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z_XRj_yu3Dto.kHbjmTUjhPcw

I haven't been able to turn all of that into a location ID, but I'm hoping that someone with a better eye could.

Attachments

• telephone pole.png
    telephone pole.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 90
  • pylon.png
    pylon.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 94
  • to_locate.jpg
    to_locate.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 96
  • roof and poles just south.png
    roof and poles just south.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 95
  • House to north north east.png
    House to north north east.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 99
There was some discussion a couple of days ago about how to locate the scene of a fight from pictures of its surroundings. Here are some of the location clues that GigTu, FindHG, DMC and I think we've seen in them:

Just west of the camera's location is a bright white area of either flowing water or snow. (As in the rightmost thumbnail. The camera is facing west).

Further west by maybe a hundred yards is a generally north-south row of at least a few buildings. (Also in rightmost thumbnail).

A hundred yards or so further west is a high voltage electric line running north-south. It is strung from tall pylons. (As in the narrow fourth thumbnail.)

Just south of the camera is a row of smaller telephone poles with cross bars (like lower case t's) that run east-west. (As in the second thumbnail from the left. The camera is facing southish.)

Just a little further south is a generally east-west row buildings including a large one just south of the camera with a roof peak whose center line runs east-west. (Also shown in the second thumbnail).

Just north by north-west of the camera position, and only a few dozen yards away is another building with a peaked roof. (As in the leftmost thumbnail).

In hopes of reducing the area to search for that combination of features, I've traced, in red, all of the electric transmission lines that I could find in the general area of the Chelsea case using a Google map. It also has a markers showing the Peters Road search site where some clothes of Chelsea's were found, and the site of the Halloween Bash at which she was last seen:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z_XRj_yu3Dto.kHbjmTUjhPcw

I haven't been able to turn all of that into a location ID, but I'm hoping that someone with a better eye could.
Great detail and job Forager!!! :)

Thank you Forager, great work!

Followed the red lines up north to Oakville Waltz Rd and I found an interesting area (a1,2,3 below) that may be a possibility?

Possible pylon water school area a.png

area a2.png

area a3.png

Thank you Forager, great work!

Followed the red lines up north to Oakville Waltz Rd and I found an interesting area (a1,2,3 below) that may be a possibility?

View attachment 73670

View attachment 73671

View attachment 73672

I'll put a pin on the Pylons map for that location. It has a lot of the elements I think we're looking for, but arranged differently than I'm picturing them. What we need is a eye in the sky graphic of the layout of the landmarks as we imagine them to be.

Thank you for your entry. Any other takers? You gotta be in it to win it!

I'll put a pin on the Pylons map for that location. It has a lot of the elements I think we're looking for, but arranged differently than I'm picturing them. What we need is a eye in the sky graphic of the layout of the landmarks as we imagine them to be.

Thank you for your entry. Any other takers? You gotta be in it to win it!

That's hard to do without flying over, I'm trying to look for combos of markers however configured.

Would you be able to sketch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member