Evident callousness.

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
The RN author was very callous toward JBR. In his reference to JBR, he threatened to 'immediately execute', to 'behead' , and to 'deny remains for a proper burial.'

The idea of beheading a child is so callous that it could only have originated with someone who is emotionally deadened by hatred.

Its easily said that strangling, headbashing, and placing JBR in the corner of the basement floor was callous treatment.

Callousness that could be caused by a general lack of respect. The RN author stated he had a lack of respect for US and for fat cats.

A coverup of an accident doesn't account for the callous disregard and lack of respect that is evident on the part of the perp toward JBR.

"A coverup of an accident doesn't account for the callous disregard and lack of respect that is evident on the part of the perp toward JBR."

That is one of the reasons why it is hard for me to think Patsy or John wrote the ransom note. There is no rhyme or reason,for grieving panicked parents to write a three page note stating to get enough rest,have a big enough attache,if you get the money early,etc. There's no logic,and it doesn't make sense.

A very shaky,hardly readable "WE HAVE YOUR DAUGHTER.WE WANT $100,000.WILL CONTACT YOU TOMORROW MORNING BETWEEN 8 AND 10.IF YOU CONTACT AUTHORITIES YOUR DAUGHTER DIES"

Because of the state of mind they are in,I would think that would be about all the parents would be able to conger up ... if that.

Remember,according to some theories,Patsy and John ,just a few hours ago,were hit with an awful double whammy! Not only is their baby girl dead,in a most gruesome way ... but it was done by their young son and possibly two sons! Could you write a ransom note of three pages?

No. The RN is one of the big hurdles for me to overcome in a RDI scenario. It is too long and has too many goofy phrases, I believe for people as smart as the Ramseys. It would be short and terse, not so long, because they wouldn't want to take the chance that their writing could be analyzed and identified. These were not stupid people. And if they were so cunning as to the cover-up, how could they be so stupid as to have something so incriminating as a ransom note left in the house, but no kidnapping? I would think they would forgo the RN and just scream that they found their daughter dead in the basement after a thorough search of the house. "We woke up to find our daughter missing, and my husband just found her in the basement! I think she was strangled! Help us, please!" or something to that effect.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Shelayne said:
No. The RN is one of the big hurdles for me to overcome in a RDI scenario. It is too long and has too many goofy phrases, I believe for people as smart as the Ramseys. It would be short and terse, not so long, because they wouldn't want to take the chance that their writing could be analyzed and identified. These were not stupid people. And if they were so cunning as to the cover-up, how could they be so stupid as to have something so incriminating as a ransom note left in the house, but no kidnapping? I would think they would forgo the RN and just scream that they found their daughter dead in the basement after a thorough search of the house. "We woke up to find our daughter missing, and my husband just found her in the basement! I think she was strangled! Help us, please!" or something to that effect.

The only explanation for such a wordy and goofy ransom note is that KIDS WROTE IT.

BlueCrab said:
The only explanation for such a wordy and goofy ransom note is that KIDS WROTE IT.
There have been other, long ransom notes that kids didn't write. For example the Barbara Mackle kidnapping:

Sir, your daughter has been kidnapped by us and we now
hold her for ransom. She is quite safe, if somewhat
uncomfortable. We offer no proof of our possession of her
at this time. It will arrive by mail in a few days. Barbara is
presently alive inside a small capsule buried in a remote
piece of soil. She has enough food and water and air to
last seven days. At the end of the seven days the life supporting
batteries will be discharged and her air supply will be cut off.

The box is waterproof and very strong-fiberglass reinforced
plywood-she has little chance of escaping. The box is in an unusual and lonely place. She has no chance of being accidently stumbled upon.

Contemplate, if you will, the position into which this puts
you. If you pay the ransom prior to seven days,
we will tell you of her whereabouts. Should you catch the
messenger we send to pick up the ransom, we will simply
not say anything to anyone and ergo Barbara will
suffocate. The messenger knows only one of us and he will report to us via radio from the pickup site. We will
immediately know his fate.

Should you catch all, of us we will never admit anything as to do
so would be suicide and again-she will die. As you can see, you don't want to catch us for to do so would be condemning your lovely and intelligent daughter to death. The police may allow you to have a free hand prior to the return of your daughter
should you be so callous as to contact them. If you ask the police to advise you in this matter please be aware that
their very presence will scare us off. We can see no way for you to secure the safe return of your daughter other than to obey instructions explicitly.

1) Although we will always anticipate the involvement of the police in this situation, be assured that if your communication with them or their actual presence is detected, we will break off negotiations with you immediately. We have tied into several
of the possible means of communications that you have with the police and feel that you will be unable to contact them without our
knowledge.

2) The ransom will be $500,000 in recently issued $20 bills. Here are the requirements you must meet in this matter:
The notes must not be older than 1950 issue.
No more than ten notes must have consecutive serial numbers; ie., the notes must have a great variety of serial-numbers and not be merely shuffled.
The notes must be Federal Reserve notes of standard configuration.

No more than one-half of the notes may be uncirculated.

No form of marking on the bills is acceptable. Please note that the bills will undergo a minimum of eight hours of intense examination before we allow you to have knowledge of the subject's whereabouts. We have planned a series of 44 tests on a large representative of the bills. These tests include every chemical and physical test of any remote applicability.

No omission, shaving, spotting, cutting, counterfeiting, irradiating, ad nos will go undetected.

3) The bills should occupy no more than 400 cubic inches and thusly fit into a standard large suitcase of inside dimensions 31.5" longx18.75" highx6.25" deep. Purchase such a suitcase and lock the bills inside.
When you have the money in readiness, call all the Miami
area major newspapers and place the following ad in the "personal" section of the classified advertisemsnts:

"Loved one-please come home. We will pay all expenses
and meet you anywhere at anytime. Your Family."

Prepare your car for a trip and on the night of the ad's first appearance we will call you at home after midnight to advise you of where you must go to deliver the money. You must be the one to deliver the money, Robert. You will dress yourself in an all-white outfit. You must use the Lincoln to deliver the money.

In order to prevent the instructional call being traced it will be very brief and no portion of it will be repeated. If the phone rings more than three times or the connection takes longer than 15 seconds we will not contact you. You will have a limited period of time to make the rendezvous so you should be ready to leave your house within one minute of receiving the phone call in order to be within the time limit. You will proceed to the area of the meeting within the legal speed limit as if you were in no hurry. We will not meet you if you fail to show within the time limit which is only a short time longer than you will require to drive to the pickup site. Any unusual police activity or other activity in the area of the pick up will cancel the appointment.

When you arrive at the pick up site you will know it by a signal of three short flashes repeated continuously from a flashlight directed at the windshield of your car. When you see the signal you will stop the car and immediately take the suitcase toward the light. The light will be mounted on the top of a box. The suitcase should be placed within the box. You will then return to your car and proceed back up the street, in the direction from which you came and go home.

Any deviation from this outline will result in your death.
Our messenger will have you in his sights from the time you leave your car. Within twelve hours after you deliver the money you will receive another call advising you of your daughter's whereabouts. A letter will be sent also to insure the findings of your daughter.

tipper said:
There have been other, long ransom notes that kids didn't write.
Tipper, I won't copy all that, for sure. I just finished reading Patricia Cornwell's: "Jack the Ripper, Case Closed". Great book. One thing she clearly noted was that psychopaths love to write, crave alot of attention. That is why Jack the Ripper wrote so many notes. Her suspect, artist Walter Sickert, was able to avoid suspicion by the very nature of his independent occupation. He wrote alot and I think he hurt alot. You'll have to read the book.

So, if IDI, then who is this independent perp who has been able to stay under the radar? Why is this perp hurting?

BlueCrab said:

I concur, but the kid who did it, kwdi, watched a lot of movies.

WHEN was this LONG ransom note written? Surely NOT The night the murder happened, IF IT was a goofy kid. Many pages were missing from the ransom note pad.

Pages were missing, corrections must have been made, where did those pages go?

A goofy kid would not have written a three pager 'that' night. When psychopath is mentioned, as in

Ruperts post, "I just finished reading Patricia Cornwell's: "Jack the Ripper, Case Closed". Great book. One thing she clearly noted was that psychopaths love to write, crave alot of attention. That is why Jack the Ripper wrote so many notes. Her suspect, artist Walter Sickert, was able to avoid suspicion by the very nature of his independent occupation. He wrote alot and I think he hurt alot. You'll have to read the book.

So, if IDI, then who is this independent perp who has been able to stay under the radar? Why is this perp hurting?
are you saying BlueCrab, that the kwdi had/has psychopathic tendencies?

If this is so, does the kwdi, still love to write long thingies?

IF IF your theory is correct, there was some major lacking in parenting skills PRIOR to the murder, imop.

We need to run out and get a book, if there is one, on "How To Cure A Psychopath".

If a kid had written it they wouldn't know to make sure their hands had just been washed so they wouldn't leave any prints.

Shelayne said:

You'd be closer IMO to the truth if you used a better word than 'goofy' to describe the RN. Maybe replace goofy with 'strange' or 'foreign'. Goofy sounds like kids fun and Disneyland, the RN doesn't sound like fun or Disneyland.

Holdontoyourhat said:
You'd be closer IMO to the truth if you used a better word than 'goofy' to describe the RN. Maybe replace goofy with 'strange' or 'foreign'. Goofy sounds like kids fun and Disneyland, the RN doesn't sound like fun or Disneyland.
I thought so too. However, I am also CERTAIN that the RN has the same repeated "IF/she dies" phrases of the demands made in the 'goofy' comedy movie: "Ruthless People". If IDI, then that kind of makes me think somewhat of a female author between 30 to 45, making a joke. Less likely, but perhaps it could also be a younger male with feminine character too.

The whole RN analysis has been the center of my intrigue which keeps me enthralled in this mystery. Like Shelayne, I can't imagine the parents writing such a note, jokingly referring to the comedy movie "Ruthless People" in order to cover up a violent accident, unless of course there was a "consultant" on the phone telling them exactly what to do. I find that highly unlikely as well.

Thinking about it again: the RN definitely refers in part to a comedy: "Ruthless People" and must therefore be taken partly as a joke. The Jack the Ripper letters included alot of joke phrases like: Ha Ha! Catch me if you can! If IDI, then this perp thinks they are so damn smart, they can get away with it, including 3 pages of handwriting evidence. With all those kidnap crime movie references, the RN author must have also studied the real stuff like Lindbergh, Leopold & Loeb, maybe even Jack the Ripper. Scary.

A writer, studied kidnap crime, knew the Ramsays house, maybe found out about the bonus.

Seeker said:
If a kid had written it they wouldn't know to make sure their hands had just been washed so they wouldn't leave any prints.

Gloves? I think every kid sees movies where the perp wears gloves! Gloves are the coverall for any kind of evidence--according to movies, that is. ;)

I am still totally unconvinced by the Burke scenario; however.

Oh, and maybe "goofy" was not the correct word to use. I was referring to all the "cloak and dagger" language of (what sounds like) an overactive imagination. Yes, strange would be a much better word choice.

Have you people not seen the exemplars that Patsy made compared to the ransom "note"?? Patsy wrote it!!

It's absurd to believe that a stranger broke in to abduct JB, lay in wait, used their legal pad to write such a long, long letter, then didn't even abduct her! No! This "stranger" used Patsy's paint brush as part of a garotte to kill her and leave her body hidden.

Oh, puh-leeze! That makes absolutely NO SENSE.

lisafremont said:
Have you people not seen the exemplars that Patsy made compared to the ransom "note"?? Patsy wrote it!!

It's absurd to believe that a stranger broke in to abduct JB, lay in wait, used their legal pad to write such a long, long letter, then didn't even abduct her! No! This "stranger" used Patsy's paint brush as part of a garotte to kill her and leave her body hidden.

Oh, puh-leeze! That makes absolutely NO SENSE.
I don't believe a stranger broke in to abduct JBR either.

We all agree there was never a kidnapping, so that aspect of the RN was fake.

IMO, RDI doesn't work since no family member or neighbor has any established motive, capability, or will to do this. That is Criminal Science 101.

The only alternative is that a stranger broke in, lay in wait, wrote the note as a diversion and as a hate message, and then killed JBR.

I think so, too, HOTYH. I believe that the ransom note was a personal message to John, hence the demand of $118,000--the amount of his bonus. That amount is a huge clue, because if one of the Ramseys--who know a little bit about money, hello--wrote the note, they would not demand such a piddly sum. This amount screams "I know you and this is totally personal, you S.O.B.!"

I have said this before, but I used to believe that the Ramseys were guilty as all get out, but now I am not convinced they had anything to do with this crime--before or after. There are just too many things that do not jibe for me.

And, yes, I have seen the Patsy exemplars, and I still don't see it. Though that writing looks very familiar to me. I think I know a guy who writes a lot like that. When I first saw the ransom note, I thought, that looks an awful lot like XXXX's writing, though his spelling is much better. ;)

Holdontoyourhat said:
I don't believe a stranger broke in to abduct JBR either.

We all agree there was never a kidnapping, so that aspect of the RN was fake.

IMO, RDI doesn't work since no family member or neighbor has any established motive, capability, or will to do this. That is Criminal Science 101.

The only alternative is that a stranger broke in, lay in wait, wrote the note as a diversion and as a hate message, and then killed JBR.

I dont understand how you can say RDI doesn't work since there is no motive...firstly if JBR was killed because of an accident, motive goes out the window. The coverup however was possible MOTIVATED by several problems.
1. Burke may have been involved in the accident and his parents wanted to protect him.
2. John or Patsy may have been involved in the acident and they wanted to protect the very image Patsy esp had woven all those years b4, patsy was incredible vain and her security hinged on what others thought of her.

Yes yes..its all speculation but i woudnt dimiss RDI just because you cant see motive...many hear would have a field day with thier own ideas of RDI motive, but i honeslty think IF the ramseys killed JBR i think it was from an accident.

capps said:
"A coverup of an accident doesn't account for the callous disregard and lack of respect that is evident on the part of the perp toward JBR."

That is one of the reasons why it is hard for me to think Patsy or John wrote the ransom note. There is no rhyme or reason,for grieving panicked parents to write a three page note stating to get enough rest,have a big enough attache,if you get the money early,etc. There's no logic,and it doesn't make sense.

A very shaky,hardly readable "WE HAVE YOUR DAUGHTER.WE WANT $100,000.WILL CONTACT YOU TOMORROW MORNING BETWEEN 8 AND 10.IF YOU CONTACT AUTHORITIES YOUR DAUGHTER DIES"

Because of the state of mind they are in,I would think that would be about all the parents would be able to conger up ... if that.

Remember,according to some theories,Patsy and John ,just a few hours ago,were hit with an awful double whammy! Not only is their baby girl dead,in a most gruesome way ... but it was done by their young son and possibly two sons! Could you write a ransom note of three pages?
Logic and RDI seem like mutually opposing concepts, don't they?

Holdontoyourhat said:
The RN author was very callous toward JBR. In his reference to JBR, he threatened to 'immediately execute', to 'behead' , and to 'deny remains for a proper burial.'

The idea of beheading a child is so callous that it could only have originated with someone who is emotionally deadened by hatred.

Its easily said that strangling, headbashing, and placing JBR in the corner of the basement floor was callous treatment.

Callousness that could be caused by a general lack of respect. The RN author stated he had a lack of respect for US and for fat cats.

A coverup of an accident doesn't account for the callous disregard and lack of respect that is evident on the part of the perp toward JBR.
I used to think that Patsy wrote the RN, but after re-reading her testimony where she states unequivocally that she did not write the note I am inclined to believe her.

Also in the same interview she hints that the person who wrote it might have been a woman. As I still believe Patsy was part of the coverup, I think that if she didn't write the note she at least knows who did and this comment of hers was a definite clue.

So then I thought of Janet McChristmas as a likely candidate for having been the author (with a bit of help from certain significant others). Brought in from next door after the disastrous accidental killing of JonBenet by her pedophile husband and his mates while sexually abusing her. Brought in to write a ransom note in the planned cover-up that was to make it appear that JonBenet had been kidnapped.

The note was designed to frighten John Ramsey into not calling the police until they could get rid of the body. It was also designed to point to someone from John Ramsey's workplace as the likely culprit by demanding as ransom a sum of money as that was identical to John's recent bonus payment. The descent into raging vicious superfluous rambling later on in the note comes out of all the woman's inner torment.

IMO

So you think Santa Bill was one of the 'mates'?? Is that why you think Janet Mc Christmas wrote the note??
And how do you mean 'brought in from next door'?? The Mc Christmas's didnt live next door to the Ramsey's.
BTW the bonus that John Ramsey received wasn't a recent payment, I think he had had the bonus for months, though I have been led to believe also that it had been a christmas bonus that year.

Narlacat, I'm sorry if my posts are difficult to understand. I've just posted my revised theory for what it's worth. If you can wade through it maybe my comments might become clearer. Mind you, I don't expect anyone to agree with my theory. It's strange, it seems so obvious to me that that or something very similar happened but I suppose everyone thinks that about their own theory.

PS I thought they did live next door but I don't know where I got that idea from. Where DID they live?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back