AL AL - Sherry Milton, 26, Tuscaloosa, 14 Aug 2005

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a real rise in missing young women lately?

Jovin said:
Is it just me, or does there seem to be a real rise in missing young women lately?

It isn't just you. Young missing women and young pregnant women seem to be what is happening now. Before this it was kids one right after the other.
The politicians would probably disagree with us but all you have to do is watch the news or come into places like this and it is a real rude awakening. Unless a person sees the missing listed one after the other you just have no idea how many people there are of every age. This world just gets worse and worse.

it's a scarey place out there in the world today. I'm so glad my kids are already adults. I wouldn't want to have to be raising young girls today.

Sherry Ann Milton's yellow convertible mustang was found in Midland, about 5 miles southwest of Ensley. A $5,000 reward is being offered by her family. She has a young son who misses his mommy.
Praying for her safe return. Doesn't sound good, though.

Praying for her and her family. This one does not sound good, Birmingham is one of those towns that you do not want to find yourself on the wrong street. I would not travel in Birmingham at night. It has a great medical center UAB- but when there I do not go out at night.

I thought that maybe someone spotted her and her car and wanted her car but that wasn't the case beings they found her car. I wonder if the car was locked or unlocked...have gas in it...anything left of hers inside the car. I sure hope they find her alive. Glad I live in a little country town instead of a dangerous city.

She was last seen leaving an Exxon station in Ensley. Approximately 30 minutes later, she called a friend on her cell phone to say she was lost. Bad area to be lost in.

ShowerSinger said:
You'll have to scroll down to get the story.
Very strange.
It seems like she was abducted at the Exxon station.
www.postherald.com/me081805.shtml

I feel so sorry for the guy searching for her. That druggie was really cruel to say what he did to him.

I scrolled down some more after I read the article about Sherry and it said Birmingham had had 8 slayings in 6 days! Said their homocide rate is 60 so far this year and last year it was 38. Scary.

Just read about this one on Greta's blog..... just looking for info.

Seems like the girlfriend has more than one version of the matches story. First she says the car and Milton left her at the store, and then she says they had an argument in the parking lot? Hmmmm!

Sherry Milton is still missing and we are praying for her safe return. Our son, 9 year old David is living with me now. We are doing fair, just awaiting a safe return of his mom. I have known Sherry for about 15 years, married for 7, she is a great person and the best mother that any child could possibly ask for. This is definitely not normal for her and you are right the stories we are getting do not match up. I want to thank everyone for your concern and prayer.

mmilton said:
Sherry Milton is still missing and we are praying for her safe return. Our son, 9 year old David is living with me now. We are doing fair, just awaiting a safe return of his mom. I have known Sherry for about 15 years, married for 7, she is a great person and the best mother that any child could possibly ask for. This is definitely not normal for her and you are right the stories we are getting do not match up. I want to thank everyone for your concern and prayer.

I am so, so sorry for what you and your son are going through. I have a boy around 9 yrs myself. I will say a prayer for you both, and keep you in my prayers. I hope they find Sherry soon. Be strong for your boy! God bless you!

mmilton said:
I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through. The drug dealer's suggestion as to what may have happened to her makes me shiver. What do you think of the girlfriend that she went out with? Why would independent witnesses lie about them having a fight? On the other hand, why would the girlfriend go home and not worry about not hearing from Sherry?

I don't know what to think about any of this. All I know is that this is not like Sherry at all. I don't know why they stopped on that exit...but I do know that you can't even see the lights of that store from the main highway. So to me that rules out stopping for matches. There is a lot more going on here that we don't know about and some that we can't talk about. I just hope that we will find some conclusion to this soon. A good conclusion of course. David misses his mother and we want her home safely.

mmilton,
Thank you so much for responding to this thread. My thoughts and prayers are for you all. I must say, that this case is getting very little media coverage, and it really should. How is the search going? I haven't seen anything about an organized search for her. Also, which club did they go to that evening? Of all places to stop, and for matches? Didn't she have a lighter in her car, or purse? Have they found her cell phone? Did you know the friend she was with? I hope the detectives are working hard on this, and updating you regularly. Please post anything you can. We do care.

mmilton said:
I don't know what to think about any of this. All I know is that this is not like Sherry at all. I don't know why they stopped on that exit...but I do know that you can't even see the lights of that store from the main highway. So to me that rules out stopping for matches. There is a lot more going on here that we don't know about and some that we can't talk about. I just hope that we will find some conclusion to this soon. A good conclusion of course. David misses his mother and we want her home safely.
I agree that there is more to this story; and, unfortunately, it does not sound good. I can picture that the passenger and Sherry got into some kind of disagreement, with the passenger asking to be dropped off at a payphone to call her husband.

It sounds like Sherry was stranded or lost. I don't know if the husband caught up with Sherry. Then, something happened. It's hard to say.

Has anyone heard anything? I saw this today....

http://www.al.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news/1125048177228380.xml?birminghamnews?nmbrf&coll=2

I wish she was given more coverage. I work not far from where she went missing and know the area....not good to go there especially that time of the night. I agree.....there's something strange about the friend being picked up by her husband. too many missing pieces to this puzzle.

Bless her little boy and loved ones. Jan

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back