1337 users online (273 members and 1064 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

LA - David, 56, & Nicholas Pence, 25, murdered in their Metairie home, 22 April 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Yes, but only 10% of the article can be pasted here.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Elizabeth Pence, David's wife and Nicholas's mother, discovered the men lying wounded in the living room of their home in the 3700 block of Clifford Drive in Metairie, and called 911 at about 11:53 p.m., authorities said.

She told investigators she was in her bedroom but came out after hearing the sound of breaking glass and gunshots.

Nicholas Pence handily won a game of Monopoly on the night he was killed, Olsen said. Chris Meyer and another friend were the last to see him alive. They two left the house together with Chris Meyer, arriving at their home about 11:45 p.m., he said.

The friend returned to the Pence's garage to retrieve an inhaler that he'd left behind. But he didn't see anything amiss at the house, according to Chris Meyer.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...l#incart_river

I wonder how far away they lived
    What time did they leave the house?
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

I'm curious as to which glass was broken. A window? Glass pane in an exterior door? A mirror? Glass-topped table?

Also: How big was the 'child's' bicycle mentioned by the neighbor?
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Lovely tribute to Nick and his dad from Nick's employer.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Meyer...16?pnref=story
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

In my opinion, It seems like an planned execution. The child's bicycle seems like a red hearing.

But Laura Cerniglia noticed that someone had taken their child's bicycle, and apparently tried to ride it. The bike, which was underneath the carport when the couple went to bed, was across the street in a neighbor's yard when they woke and stepped outside to see what was happening.

"Somebody came here and took a kid's bike," Laura Cerniglia said, noting that the person had raised the seat. "They were probably looking for some way to get out of here."

Sheriff's Office investigators took the bicycle as evidence, the Cerniglias said.

interesting case

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Maybe some guy (with issues), in some way close to the "man cave"-group (maybe a former member who had been excluded), who was not/no longer allowed into the "man cave"-group, got so angry that it made him a killer ?
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear over with me

The bike may not be related.
    A purse was taken out of a parked car also
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

She had just found her son and husband, 56-year-old David Pence, in the living room, dead. David Pence was found sitting in a chair, and his son was found lying on the floor.

The father had sustained three gunshot wounds and the son two, Jefferson Parish Coroner Dr. Gerry Cvitanovich said. Both were shot in the head and likely died instantly. There were no other signs of trauma.

Police are still trying to figure out what happened in that brief span at the house on Clifford Drive. They have ruled out the possibility of a murder-suicide. Beth Pence told homicide detectives that she had heard what sounded like glass breaking. Police found no signs of forced entry, but Beth Pence said a side door was unlocked. Detectives are not yet sure whether anything was stolen from the house.
    http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...sband-son-shot
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The two 25-year-olds were hanging out in the garage behind the Pence family’s ranch house on a quiet street in Metairie.

Fifteen minutes later, Pence and his father, David, were dead, murdered with a shotgun.

Rosemadderlake

Quote Originally Posted by Dushi View Post
    Elizabeth Pence, David's wife and Nicholas's mother, discovered the men lying wounded in the living room of their home in the 3700 block of Clifford Drive in Metairie, and called 911 at about 11:53 p.m., authorities said.

She told investigators she was in her bedroom but came out after hearing the sound of breaking glass and gunshots.

Nicholas Pence handily won a game of Monopoly on the night he was killed, Olsen said. Chris Meyer and another friend were the last to see him alive. They two left the house together with Chris Meyer, arriving at their home about 11:45 p.m., he said.

The friend returned to the Pence's garage to retrieve an inhaler that he'd left behind. But he didn't see anything amiss at the house, according to Chris Meyer.

I wonder how far away they lived
    What time did they leave the house?
    I wonder who "the friend" is and why he is not being named like the other young man?

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    I wonder who "the friend" is and why he is not being named like the other young man?

I think Chris Meyer.
    Thats how I read the article

Well... maybe not
    Confused

Rosemadderlake

I am confused too. In some articles it seems like the two 25 yr olds are the victim and one friend. In others, it says / Nick and his buddies..."
    ???
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast