GUILTY LA - David, 56, & Nicholas Pence, 25, murdered in their Metairie home, 22 April 2015

Elizabeth Pence, David's wife and Nicholas's mother, discovered the men lying wounded in the living room of their home in the 3700 block of Clifford Drive in Metairie, and called 911 at about 11:53 p.m., authorities said.

She told investigators she was in her bedroom but came out after hearing the sound of breaking glass and gunshots.

Nicholas Pence handily won a game of Monopoly on the night he was killed, Olsen said. Chris Meyer and another friend were the last to see him alive. They two left the house together with Chris Meyer, arriving at their home about 11:45 p.m., he said.

The friend returned to the Pence's garage to retrieve an inhaler that he'd left behind. But he didn't see anything amiss at the house, according to Chris Meyer.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/04/david_nicholas_pence_metairie.html#incart_river

I wonder how far away they lived
What time did they leave the house?

I'm curious as to which glass was broken. A window? Glass pane in an exterior door? A mirror? Glass-topped table?

Also: How big was the 'child's' bicycle mentioned by the neighbor?

In my opinion, It seems like an planned execution. The child's bicycle seems like a red hearing.

But Laura Cerniglia noticed that someone had taken their child's bicycle, and apparently tried to ride it. The bike, which was underneath the carport when the couple went to bed, was across the street in a neighbor's yard when they woke and stepped outside to see what was happening.

"Somebody came here and took a kid's bike," Laura Cerniglia said, noting that the person had raised the seat. "They were probably looking for some way to get out of here."

Sheriff's Office investigators took the bicycle as evidence, the Cerniglias said.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/04/david_nicholas_pence_metairie.html#incart_river

interesting case

Maybe some guy (with issues), in some way close to the "man cave"-group (maybe a former member who had been excluded), who was not/no longer allowed into the "man cave"-group, got so angry that it made him a killer ?

The bike may not be related.
A purse was taken out of a parked car also

She had just found her son and husband, 56-year-old David Pence, in the living room, dead. David Pence was found sitting in a chair, and his son was found lying on the floor.

The father had sustained three gunshot wounds and the son two, Jefferson Parish Coroner Dr. Gerry Cvitanovich said. Both were shot in the head and likely died instantly. There were no other signs of trauma.

Police are still trying to figure out what happened in that brief span at the house on Clifford Drive. They have ruled out the possibility of a murder-suicide. Beth Pence told homicide detectives that she had heard what sounded like glass breaking. Police found no signs of forced entry, but Beth Pence said a side door was unlocked. Detectives are not yet sure whether anything was stolen from the house.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/12184494-123/woman-finds-husband-son-shot

Elizabeth Pence, David's wife and Nicholas's mother, discovered the men lying wounded in the living room of their home in the 3700 block of Clifford Drive in Metairie, and called 911 at about 11:53 p.m., authorities said.

She told investigators she was in her bedroom but came out after hearing the sound of breaking glass and gunshots.

Nicholas Pence handily won a game of Monopoly on the night he was killed, Olsen said. Chris Meyer and another friend were the last to see him alive. They two left the house together with Chris Meyer, arriving at their home about 11:45 p.m., he said.

The friend returned to the Pence's garage to retrieve an inhaler that he'd left behind. But he didn't see anything amiss at the house, according to Chris Meyer.

I wonder how far away they lived
What time did they leave the house?

I wonder who "the friend" is and why he is not being named like the other young man?

I am wrong
Not Chris Meyer

I am confused too. In some articles it seems like the two 25 yr olds are the victim and one friend. In others, it says / Nick and his buddies..."
???

I'm curious as to which glass was broken. A window? Glass pane in an exterior door? A mirror? Glass-topped table?

Also: How big was the 'child's' bicycle mentioned by the neighbor?

I wonder that, too. In the article it says that there was no force entry so I'm assuming windows might be out of the question?????? Hum? :thinking:

The other friend returned to the garage to get his inhaler
The garage door must have been unlocked as well.

Breaking glass... Maybe a bullet?

The other friend returned to the garage to get his inhaler
The garage door must have been unlocked as well.

Breaking glass... Maybe a bullet?

Elizabeth didn't say she heard screams just gunshots and glass breaking. Therefore the breaking glass could be the bullet???? :crazy:

Five shotgun blasts to two bodies would make the shooter bloody, no, especially head shots?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back