IN - Hannah Wilson, 22, IU student, murdered, Brown County, 24 April 2015

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Body of Indiana University Student discovered in Brown County
Posted 9:48 pm, April 24, 2015, by Greg Margason - Web Producer, Updated at 10:44pm, April 24, 2015

BROWN COUNTY, Ind. (April 24, 2015)– Indiana State Police Detectives were called to investigate a female body that was discovered earlier today in rural Brown County. The female has been identified as Hannah N. Wilson, 22 years old, originally from Fishers, Indiana and a current student at Indiana University in Bloomington.

The investigation has led detectives to arrest Daniel E. Messell, 49 of Bloomington. Messell is being held on a preliminary charge of Murder.

cont. at the link
Hannah had been reported missing on social media earlier today. There are very little details at this time.

http://wishtv.com/2015/04/24/female-body-found-in-brown-county/

http://www.browncountyindiana.com/index.php?id=17124

I wonder how LE managed to solve the case so quickly. Did Messel tell them where she was? After she was reported missing, what led them to him?

I wonder how LE managed to solve the case so quickly. Did Messel tell them where she was? After she was reported missing, what led them to him?

Her dad is from my home town, and is a FB friend. I saw the notes go out on FB - just 20 hours ago, he posted about her being missing.

I have a feeling we will have answers to our questions very soon but my theory is this: Hannah was partying with friends, got ride with Massel who was posing as an Uber driver back to her place. The next morning/afternoon, her roommates wake up, and see that she's not home. They contact the people she was hanging with the previous night, who tell them that Hannah went back to their place. I think this is going to be a case of a really dumb criminal---for LE to solve what seems like a stranger abduction-murder that quickly.

It is curious how quickly she was located and a suspect was arrested. To the best of my understanding, Police were notified Friday afternoon. Hannah's was found later in the day, and Friday evening Messel was arrested.

police-investigating-after-body-found-in-brown-county/

Messel is a convicted felon. His long list of arrests dating back to 1993 include Criminal Recklessness; Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated; Battery by Means of a Deadly Weapon Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury; and Disorderly Conduct.

Uber is dangerous, anyone can pose as a driver, park outside an establishment and wait for a victim. I own a small taxi company in a tourist, college area and we see it. Its scary.
This story makes me mad and is an example of how vulnerable people are. Uber has gazillions of money and they came into this state and bypassed the legal laws set up for taxi companies and drivers. This state cant control them and its kind of the wild west of taxi right now.

JMO

Uber is dangerous, anyone can pose as a driver, park outside an establishment and wait for a victim. I own a small taxi company in a tourist, college area and we see it. Its scary.
This story makes me mad and is an example of how vulnerable people are. Uber has gazillions of money and they came into this state and bypassed the legal laws set up for taxi companies and drivers. This state cant control them and its kind of the wild west of taxi right now.

JMO

I totally agree! It's a popular service where I am, and I think the potential for danger is too high for women riders who are taking Uber alone.

The Uber application gives the customer a description and license plate number of the car picking them up as well as a description of the person. The only way a stranger lurking in the parking lot posing as a driver would pick someone up is if the potential victim had no idea how uber worked. That's not Uber's fault.

Cab drivers have been convicted of rape/robbery, etc., many more times than Uber. Just input - cab driver rape case -uber into a google search, countless incidents.

Lots of info coming out:

Brown County Coroner says IU student #HannahWilson died of head injuries http://ht.ly/M77FG (via @abbytonsing)

@abbytonsing has #HannahWilson's autopsy report. Tweets will be graphic, so please take care in reading. (That's really quick)

Abby Tonsing @abbytonsing · 3h 3 hours ago
The Brown County Coroner estimates she was struck three/four times with an unknown object. Object not found at the scene, Piper said.

#HannahWilson was found in an abandoned lot in the 5800 block of Plum Creek Road near Needmore.

A woman drove up and found her, according to Brown County Coroner Earl Piper.

https://twitter.com/abbytonsing

The Uber-connection rumors are extremely strong on non-MSM websites (forums w/ locals) that I am reading. Not that he was an Uber driver, but possibly posing as one.

I totally agree! It's a popular service where I am, and I think the potential for danger is too high for women riders who are taking Uber alone.

BBM. The fact that she was alone is the problem here. Yet another needless tragedy. My heart goes out to her family.

JMO

However, Uber spokeswoman Brooke Anderson said Messell has never been employed by the company and that Wilson hasn't taken an Uber ride since Monday night.

Does that mean that Hannah hadn't requested an Uber ride on the night she was killed? (Referring to the theory that she may have gotten in the wrong car). Uber is really trying to distance themselves from this story.

This is so scary and horrible. I'm so sorry for Hannah's family and friends.

Do we know where she was when she was last seen? Did I miss this info...?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back