1223 users online (207 members and 1016 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

KY - Perry Stokes, 20, Elkton, 24 Aug 1982

Perry Stokes, 20, Elton Kentucky, Missing - August 24, 1982
    Websleuths Member mselizabethb did the research for this thread.

From NamUs

First name:Perry

Middle name: Juerrell

Last name:Stokes

Nickname/Alias: Buck or Juerrell

Date last seen: August 24, 1982 14:00

Date entered:03/14/2011

Age last seen:19 to 20 years old

Age now:52 years old

Race:White

Sex:Male

Height (inches): 69.0 to 70.0

Weight (pounds): 135.0 to 140.0

City: Elkton
    State: Kentucky
    Zip code: 42220
    County: Todd

Circumstances

On Tuesday afternoon (08/24/1982) it was believed that Perry went squirrel hunting with a friend. Afterwards they went to the friends house and the friend gave him some fish. He advised his Dad that he would be home shortly.

Close friends believe that he may have been en route to either Nashville or Florida.

Stokes information from The Charley Project

This case has been my I guess you could say "pet case" since I became interested in the websleuth realm.
    I've been so excited to converse with fellow websleuthers in order to dig up some new ideas on this case.
    Little information is available, but checking out several of these links below will give you a more well-rounded picture.
    The BEST information I checked out was in the statement written by Perry Stoke's father, Douglas. The letter is attached in the images portion of the NamUs profile, I was unable to get them to link directly to this post. Please help me out here!

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/stokes_perry.html
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9697/16
    http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/p...ll_Stokes.html
    Where is Perry Juerrell Stokes?

Also, I have found it odd that the only other information I can find is of a Perry Stokes who is county PVA in Todd County (which is where Elkton is located). This area is not densely populated, which makes me curious as to find whether Perry Stokes the PVA is related or knew the missing Perry Stokes.
    Last edited by mselizabethb; 04-25-2015 at 01:58 AM.

Bumping for "Buck" tonight..

Trying to attach the letter written from Douglas Stokes (Perry's father) to the attorney general's office in Frankfort.
    The posts may be out of order, but at the top of each page contains the number of the page.

DS4.jpgDS3.jpgDS2.jpgDS-1.jpg

In Jauary of 1986 a skeleton was found of a white male, 20-35 years of age in Volusia County. The UID had light brown hair, was about 5'9", and had a overbite and lopsided jaw. He was wearing a eagle belt buckle and had several rings in his possession. Could these be the remains of "Buck". DNA is in on both cases, HMMM.....

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1233
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    In Jauary of 1986 a skeleton was found of a white male, 20-35 years of age in Volusia County. The UID had light brown hair, was about 5'9", and had a overbite and lopsided jaw. He was wearing a eagle belt buckle and had several rings in his possession. Could these be the remains of "Buck". DNA is in on both cases, HMMM.....

Oh my goodness! I am stunned! I believe it should be submitted.

Wow!!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

KY - Perry Stokes, 20, Elkton, 24 Aug 1982

Good find. This could be Buck.
    But seriously, what is going on with the composite drawing? No human looks like that. Which makes it even more amazing that you slowed down and noticed the similarities, HoustonMom.
    Did you submit the possibility?
    Do you know Buck's father mselizabethb? Was Buck into Harleys and the biker lifestyle?
    Last edited by Sutton; 05-21-2015 at 06:06 PM.

No WS friends I did not submit him. Here is a picture of the belt buckle. I wish the type of DNA on UID an Missing were public.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

I think this is a good match, but I am wishy-washy on what direction the disappearance details point.
    The letter from his father and the articles posted above portray Buck as a country boy/hunter/fisherman. The clothing found with the body is that of a biker--central casting could not have come up with a better outfit.. But I guess neither is mutually exclusive.
    His dad said he was waiting outside for Buck to come home, wouldn't it be weird if Buck just took off to FL?
    It's bothersome that his dad found his belongings in neighbors' homes.
    Finally, Buck was wearing a German eagle belt buckle. I didn't realize how popular eagles are as national symbols. Anyways, I think the German eagle also represents some sort of suprematist ideology. I could by totally wrong. But this would go along with the key chain found with the unidentified body.

No WS friends I did not submit him. Here is a picture of the belt buckle. I wish the type of DNA on UID an Missing were public.
    What do you mean by type of DNA? Like, how it was obtained?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    What do you mean by type of DNA? Like, how it was obtained?
    From what I understand they perform 3 types of DNA screens: Nuclear, mitochondrial and Y str. Mitochondrial is from mothers, Y str from fathers and Nuclear from both. Often the mitochondrial is what they recover from skeletons.

We used to be able to tell which ones had been done on NamUs, but no more

Im not sure how to submit a suggestion or I would. I really think they match. Is some one able to find a way. I see the contact phone numbers for the case, but not sure if thats who to contact, kwim? lol
    All of my posts are MOO

Under personal effects for this unidentified it says "Buck" knife case on belt! Does this mean "Buck" was inscribed on the case? Or is that the type of knife?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast