Police search for murder clues in e-mail

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
[size=-1]Durham Herald Sun - Durham,NC,USA
DURHAM -- Durham police seized information from the e-mail accounts of Janet Abaroa and her husband searching for clues in Abaroa's April stabbing death inside ...
[/size]

Are we finally getting somewhere??? :)
(I hope this isn't old news ... sorry, I've been gone for a while. But I never stopped thinking of Janet or all of you!)

"Durham police Detective S.W. Vaughan seized a computer disk Aug. 10 containing the relevant information. "

I wonder if Raven knows that they seized this disk?

A breath of fresh air.

Better get out the Depends again, Raven--just in case of any accidents.

:laugh:
Jenifred said:
A breath of fresh air.

Better get out the Depends again, Raven--just in case of any accidents.

Well, we've heard what a mama's boy Raven is ... I'm not sure he's been fully potty trained.

I wonder if Raven would be that stupid as to email something about plans to kill Janet. To me, that seems a little risky. Even I know, and I'm not computer savvy at all, that if you email something or create a file, someone can find it if they look hard enough. But wouldn't that be wonderful if this is the missing piece of the puzzle?

Oh, it would be wonderful if there was finally a break in this case. Here's hoping !! It sure is a long time coming- or at least seems that way to me ! Guess Raven is not as stupid as Michael White in Edmonton.

So nice to see something about this case! It's good to think they're making progress.

Jenifred said:
I wonder if Raven would be that stupid as to email something about plans to kill Janet. To me, that seems a little risky. Even I know, and I'm not computer savvy at all, that if you email something or create a file, someone can find it if they look hard enough. But wouldn't that be wonderful if this is the missing piece of the puzzle?

If Raven IS the murderer and he wrote that long-winded blog about himself the day before his wife was murdered (forgetting to mention her anywhere in there), and updated his website ... He's completely stupid!

I wonder what other computer related stuff he was doing that day.
:doh: :doh: :doh:​

Two things, one where did they get this disk? And two, this sounds like it goes along with the very first report of the murder. The one that said she was emailing coworkers. I'm glad to see we're (hopefully) getting somewhere.

goodolebv said:
Two things, one where did they get this disk? And two, this sounds like it goes along with the very first report of the murder. The one that said she was emailing coworkers. I'm glad to see we're (hopefully) getting somewhere.
Sounds like they obtained the disc via warrant.....

Durham police Detective S.W. Vaughan seized a computer disk Aug. 10 containing the relevant information.

In requesting the disk, Vaughan states in the affidavit that he was seeking connection and disconnection dates and times, all files that have been accessed by the two accounts and all stored communications to and from the accounts.

Well, now I'm wondering ...

What Janet's computer activity might have been too.

Welcome to WS GOB!

It almost sounds like there are two different transactions going on here.

1. Seized a disk.
2. Need to verify that info from an ISP

Hmmm. A "seized" disk. Seized from?? Seems the only person that could have this info would be Raven? And how trustworthy would it be to seize computer records, after all this time, from Raven himself?

I'm with you GM, I think the reliable source of info would be from the ISP...

And where in the world is Raven Abaroa?

LOL ... I thought he was supposed to be in Utah ... pretty hard for them to seize from him.

Would seizing a disk mean they took the hard drive of the computer? If so, would it show all the computer activity Raven was doing that day, such as internet searches and websites visited? Maybe there's a lot of other evidence that they seized with the disk! This may be wishful thinking, but maybe other key evidence was seized too that LE didn't want to mention!

golfmom said:
Well, now I'm wondering ...

What Janet's computer activity might have been too.

Welcome to WS GOB!

Interesting. If in fact the coworker WAS emailing with Janet, either before the murder, or was sending email after the murder (has any of this been confirmed?), it would indeed be interesting to know what was being said....

Content and timing of those email exchanges would be very interesting.

rememberjanet said:
Would seizing a disk mean they took the hard drive of the computer? If so, would it show all the computer activity Raven was doing that day, such as internet searches and websites visited? Maybe there's a lot of other evidence that they seized with the disk! This may be wishful thinking, but maybe other key evidence was seized too that LE didn't want to mention!

That would certainly be a sweet deal.

But hard drive of the computer? Remember, RememberJanet, some big-ole bad murderer stole the laptop and didn't take anything else.

rememberjanet said:

For what it's worth, remember, per "Rooster" the laptop was "missing." If that's true, again, timing and source of any and all email activity would be even more interesting.

SES, exactly where I was going. Where did they seize this disk from? I didnt recall seeing any computers on the warrant. And did they just "find out" where it's been hiding?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back