1138 users online (201 members and 937 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Man Exposing Himself To Young Girls In FLorida

Police sketch of a man suspected of exposing himself to girls who had just gotten off their school buses in the Becker Road area of Port St. Lucie.
    PRINT THIS STORY | E-MAIL THIS STORY
    Third incident reported of man exposing himself to girls in PSL

By Will Greenlee
    staff writer

August 17, 2005

PORT ST. LUCIE Police received an additional report about a man suspected of exposing himself to one girl and making lewd gestures to another last week in southwestern Port St. Lucie, police said Tuesday.

In the most recent incident, the 7-year-old victim's father told police that on Friday a man tried to lure his daughter into his vehicle as she walked home from her bus stop at Southwest Port St. Lucie Boulevard and Southwest McDevitt Ave.......

More of this story at the link http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news...006447,00.html
    Retired 08/03/03

Hi Shadow,

One week into the school year and there's someone after the kids already. I spoke to a parent from that area yesterday and she hadn't even heard anything about this flasher/stalker. Thank goodness the "stranger, danger" instructions the children have been given worked for these three.

What was a 7 year old doing alone?

What I cannot understand is why someone would allow their 7 year old child walk home from a bus stop alone. And especially in the state of Florida! I will barely let my 12 year old walk home from a bus, let alone a 1st grader! What is wrong with these parents???? UUUGH.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    Hi Shadow,

One week into the school year and there's someone after the kids already. I spoke to a parent from that area yesterday and she hadn't even heard anything about this flasher/stalker. Thank goodness the "stranger, danger" instructions the children have been given worked for these three.
    The school hasn't notified the parents? That is horrible, they should have at least sent a letter home letting them know of a possible predator. Not only for the children's protection which is paramount. But it could possibly result in some observant parent getting the guy caught.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    The school hasn't notified the parents? That is horrible, they should have at least sent a letter home letting them know of a possible predator. Not only for the children's protection which is paramount. But it could possibly result in some observant parent getting the guy caught.
    The lack of communication has been horrible. My friend is a store manager in a large mall in the area and the grapevine wasnt even talking about this 4 days after it happened. When I told her, she freaked and called home to tell her husband to keep their child home. I imagine after talking to her the whole mall and half the city knows, LOL.

The lack of communication has been horrible. My friend is a store manager in a large mall in the area and the grapevine wasnt even talking about this 4 days after it happened. When I told her, she freaked and called home to tell her husband to keep their child home. I imagine after talking to her the whole mall and half the city knows, LOL.
    Beyond Belief,

Glad you passed this info on. I was hoping that you would. This is the area that I used to work in. It seems like it happens every year at the beginning of the school year. I'm sure that PSL PD has activated the reverse 911 calling system with this info.
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    Beyond Belief,

Glad you passed this info on. I was hoping that you would. This is the area that I used to work in. It seems like it happens every year at the beginning of the school year. I'm sure that PSL PD has activated the reverse 911 calling system with this info.
    I know it does. Indian River county had theirs about 2 weeks ago. I couldn't remember what the system was called, thanks. Have you ever noticed that red cars/trucks seem to be associated with these types of crimes?

I know it does. Indian River county had theirs about 2 weeks ago. I couldn't remember what the system was called, thanks. Have you ever noticed that red cars/trucks seem to be associated with these types of crimes?

and white Vans for some reason. PSL PD started the reverse 911 system while I was working there. It really does do a good job of getting information out to the community.
    Retired 08/03/03

Driver makes lewd comment to PSL girl

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news...013457,00.html
    Port St. Lucie police think this might be the fourth incident in which a man in a red car has accosted girls walking home alone.