993 users online (187 members and 806 guests)  

Websleuths News

France - Marcus Dalleau, 2, Butry-Sur-Oise, April 24, 2015

Two-year-old Marcus (possibly Dalleau as that's his father's surname, though baby's surname isn't stated in the articles) was playing with a little girlfriend in the yard of a home in the small village of Butry-Sur-Oise, Val-d'Oise, France, Friday.

He and his mom Frida were on vacation there. At 1.45pm, she says she looked for him and he was gone. At the end of the street, there is direct access to the river Oise.

Hundreds of locals from the village have been volunteering all weekend and extensive police searches are underway but no trace of little Marcus has been found. Night has now fallen there on Sunday night.

Pierrick Dalleau, the dad of Marcus, was on the Island of Reunion at the time of the boy's disappearance. He is angry that police refused to call an abduction alert, as he says the gate to the yard is impossible for a child to open. He is flying back to France.

I can't find any description of what Marcus was wearing.

Links here are all in French. I'll try and post some Google translated or English ones soon.

http://m.leparisien.fr/butry-sur-ois...medium=twitter

http://m.leparisien.fr/faits-divers/...15-4725647.php

http://m.leparisien.fr/butry-sur-ois...15-4726317.php
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Google translated article.

It was Marcus's aunt's home.

He was wearing blue jogging pants, a beige and blue top and blue sneakers. Weighs around 12kg (26 and a half lbs). He's 85cm (2ft 9in).

Article here mentions a 7-year-old, Berenyss, who was abducted recently, then released, at Meurthe -et-Moselle. Abductor not caught. I think it may be close to where Marcus vanished?

http://translate.google.de/translate...ml&prev=search

ETA. No, it's not really.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Best wishes...

Maybe the postman or someone didn't fasten the yard gate?

Mom was doing the dishes for 10 or 15 mins and when she looked in the yard, he was gone. It doesn't say anything about the playmate of little Marcus. Even if she's only two as well, I wonder if she could tell if she saw a person taking Marcus, or he left on his own?

http://www.francetvinfo.fr/faits-div...te_886915.html

Hey guys. A long time out, but back to the floor. I just found mention of this article on LCI, it also mentions that he has both black hair and black eyes (I didn't realize this was possible, but still...)

He also had a favorite toy with him, a plastic helicopter.

http://lci.tf1.fr/france/faits-diver...s-8600352.html

Translation:

Marcus: Father feared a kidnap "because the door is too hard to open for a 2 year old."

On the 4th day after his disappearance from the house where he was on holiday at Butry-sur-Oise, the search began again on Monday morning to find Little Marcus, 2 years old. For his father, the boy has been kidnapped.

There is still no news. The search resumed on Monday around the house in Val d'Oise in the hope of finding Little Marcus, a boy of two and a half years old who disappeared on Friday from his aunt's chalet in Butry-sur-Oise.

Divers have resumed their search of the Oise, the river near to the chalet.

The Police have launched an appeal for volunteers "to participate in a search of the forest in L'Isle Adam" nearby. The message was heard: around 1200 people turned up
    for the beat. "This mobilization, it warms my heart and I just want to say thank you," praised the mayor of Butry-sur-Oise, Daniel Desfoux. The searches have unfortunately remained fruitless.

In Le Parisien on Monday, Marcus' father regretted that the Alerte Enlèvement (*Kidnap alert) was not activated, as it had been for Berenyss, the girl kidnapped and recovered from the Ardennes. "Marcus had been kidnapped by someone. The gate which he would have passed through is too hard for a two and a half year old child to open. The emergency services are wasting time searching the river, and all this time we have no idea where he is."

The forty year old is about to leave Reunion Island, where he and Marcus originate, to go to Butry-sur-Oise.

Since the launch on Friday of an appeal for witnesses from Val-d'Oise prefecture, dozens of witnesses have been identified, but none have resulted in any serious lead. Pontoise Search Brigade have received an inquiry for a "disturbing disappearance". When the home of the child is very close to the water, tracking is not always possible.

Originating from Reunion, the boy, aged two and a half years, was playing in his aunt's garden when he disappeared. It was his mother, going to find him, who discovered the gate open at 13:45, and alerted the emergency services. His father was due to arrive in France on Monday.

Marcus, described as "mixed race" and of normal weight - 12kg (26.7lbs), 85cm (2ft 9in), has black hair and black eyes, and was dressed Friday in Blue jogging bottoms, a blue and beige top, and blue sneakers.

All persons with information should contact 01 30 75 56 00

Hopefully that will be a help to you, I will stick to this case now for as long as it is open. Anymore translations you need, let me know or PM me a link and I'll post it here.
    Found deceased: Ruben (9) and Julian van der Schuit (7).
    Je wordt door de hemel gezegend.

Has there been any update on Marcus?

Sorry, I was busy yesterday, in Zoetermeer to meet old colleagues for the day. I did not see anything on NOS or LCI last night, and yet have not the chance to check French media or papers. I will report up in a little while.

http://lci.tf1.fr/france/faits-diver...ur-oise&xtcr=1

Disappearance of little Marcus: Kidnap or drowning? The mystery deepens.

Kidnap?

Drowning?

Accident?

Five days after the disappearance of the 2 year old little boy in the Oise, the family and the police are still wondering about the circumstances of the tragedy

Since Friday, little Marcus, two years old, remains missing. The child disappeared from the family chalet at Butry-sur-Oise, in the Val d' Oise, while he was on the terrace at the house. It was his mother, going to find him, and finding the gate was open, who alerted the emergency services. A native of Reunion, his father arrived in the village of Oise on Monday. He was confident that this was a kidnapping. Before the house at Butry-sur-Oise, this determined man demanded that authorities "step up a gear" and regretted that an Alerte enlèvement had not been launched. "I fear the possibility of a kidnapping more than I do the possibility of drowning. The door was already open. For a two year old, it's a bit difficult. And to be able to walk 230 metres to get to the river, to me it's not possible for a two year old child to do that" he added.

Yet according to the state procurators, the hypothesis of a drowning "remains one of the more serious." On Sunday, more than a thousand people volunteered to scour the forest at l'Isle Adam, close by. This mobilization has not collected "much evidence" according to the procurator of Pontoise. "Still, the search is almost in the same state. They will research the river this morning (28th April), there is no further progress on the investigation" the father of Marcus, Pierrick, regretted when interviewed on BFM television.

Marcus, described as "mixed race" of normal weight (12kg to 85 cm) with the black hair and eyes, was wearing the day of his disappearance blue jogging pants, a beige and blue top and blue sneakers. An appeal for witnesses has been launched by the prefecture and anyone with information can contact the 01 30 75 56 00.

So at this time, this is the last article I can find from either LCI on their website, or Le Parisien. It's quite late now so I will wait for the new media day on Thursday to review the news services; I have also filed a request for press access to Agence France-Presse, in the hope of being allowed access to the AFP RSS news feed, and to the Val d' Oise Commissariat (#33) for any futher information via their press officer and the CdC (Crisis Cell/Cellule de Crise) at the Procurators office.

I will flag you with anything as soon as it hits my plate.
    Last edited by Eurohunter1185; 04-29-2015 at 09:13 PM. Reason: typo

HATE to even type this, but I think by now, his little body would rise to the surface if he had drowned, right?

Are there neighbors nearby that would have seen the kids in the garden?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

It depends sometimes, on how the body has handled in Water. Sometimes it will become waterlogged if the victim has ingested or swallowed considerable water, which will alter the weight. Also Osmosis will affect this, because of the water passing through skin, which would thicken it and make it floppy. This also will change the weight. His body will be small at only 12kg, and could well have been carried some way or lodged in a culvert or drain. It is difficult to say if he would float to the surface at all.

A child that young would panic underwater very quickly, and would swallow water, most likely try and breathe as well, so it would be inhaled into the lungs via the nasal passages, into the airway. His body would have held enough fluid on top of his organs, and the natural water content there, to warrant a weight increase of around 5kg (+/- 0.5kg)
    Last edited by Eurohunter1185; 04-29-2015 at 08:42 PM. Reason: additional information

Marcus has been found deceased.
    http://www.linfo.re/la-reunion/faits...leau-effondree
    May 4, 2015
    Translated by Google
    At St. Andrew, the Dalleau family collapsed. The parents of little Marcus and their relatives had hoped until the last moment finding him alive. But yesterday, the body of a child corresponding to the description of the little Marcus was found in the Oise. In Saint-André, Marcus's aunt agreed to testify: it is his brother - Pierrick Dalleau - who taught him the terrible news.
    "We are waiting for autopsy results to determine under what circumstances Marcus died. We will see what will give the autopsy but why the body was found as late as compared to the loss? (...) We, we has questions: what is incomprehensible, would like to have more explanations "says Jessy Dalleau.

Terrible.