GUILTY WI - Milwaukee, 2 bodies in concrete, Aug'05 - Felipe Melendez-Rivas & Eugene Chaney

Usually reporters will make comment about missing people in the area. This time there is no guesses. Odd, maybe they weren't reported missing there?

I wonder if it's as innocent as someone bured their family members there back in the old days and it wasn't marked? That's four people, so I hope so.

gardenmom - beneath a concrete slab? I'd say that's about 100% chance someone got away with murder, literally, when the slab was poured. Sometimes I wish the media didn't report stuff like this, because that's a really excellent and nearly fool proof way to hide a murder - pour a concrete slab over the body.

mysteriew said:
Usually reporters will make comment about missing people in the area. This time there is no guesses. Odd, maybe they weren't reported missing there?

You'd have to find out when the slab was poured. It's hard to imagine ripping up a concrete slab when you "renovate" a home that's new. I bet the bodies have been there for 40+ years.

KatherineQ said:
gardenmom - beneath a concrete slab? I'd say that's about 100% chance someone got away with murder, literally, when the slab was poured. Sometimes I wish the media didn't report stuff like this, because that's a really excellent and nearly fool proof way to hide a murder - pour a concrete slab over the body.
Well, you don't necessarily dig up an area before you pour concrete over it. I'm just pondering that it's an old burial ground. I hope that's all it is.

Curiouser and curiouser. Two separate sets of remains, under two different concrete pads, lead me to think of two different events- two separate deaths.

Very interesting Eeyore.

From May 2008:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/29542134.html

The purported muscle for a Milwaukee criminal organization known as the Body Snatchers was convicted Friday of four criminal counts, including an 8-year-old homicide, and now faces life in prison.

Donald Cooper was convicted of suffocating a dealer with a plastic bag and burying him under a concrete slab in 2000 and of kidnapping a different dealer and torturing him with hot chicken grease two years later, and dealing drugs he stole from the torture victim...

The Milwaukee police investigation into the Body Snatchers took on new urgency in 2005 when the remains of two men, Felipe Armando Melendez-Rivas and Eugene "Mickey" Chaney, were found under concrete slabs in the backyard of 4900 W. Fiebrantz Ave., a home once owned by Lock.

From May 2009:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/45555657.html

The fall of Milwaukee crime boss Michael Lock began with a secret meeting at a south side hotel in 2005. Two bodies had been found in a backyard on W. Fiebrantz Ave. The victims were killed years earlier, when Lock owned the house. He immediately became the main suspect...

A jury deliberated for just 54 minutes before convicting Lock of two murders, kidnapping and drug dealing. He and Cooper both got life in prison. The convictions brought to an end a diverse criminal enterprise that hummed for a decade in Milwaukee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back