1052 users online (212 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

CO - Literary litterbug booked

Times-Call:

U.S. 287 book tosser ID'd, says
    he had 'no idea it was a mystery'

When Glenn Pladsen was pulled over on U.S. 287 south of Longmont around 5:30 a.m. Thursday and ticketed for tossing books out his car window, he didn't realize that a great mystery had been solved.

"I didn't even know anybody even cared," the Arvada resident said Thursday afternoon when reached at his Longmont workplace. "I just thought they were being blown in the ditch. That's what I thought was happening."

Rather, the books Pladsen had been tossing out his car window since at least last fall had been the subject of newspaper articles, TV news segments and pages of speculation.
    ---
    much more at link above

Perhaps he should try reading the books.

Any library or charity book sale would have arranged to pick them up for him and been happy to do it. How weird!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by wendybtn View Post
    Any library or charity book sale would have arranged to pick them up for him and been happy to do it. How weird!
    What is wrong with people?
    First of all if he couldn't raise his hands to throw books into a garbage, ask someone to do it.
    How does he get rid of his garbabe? Or is just piling up inside his home?
    Just my opinion

Well....hmm. At least this guy demonstrated authorial intent by creating a narrative of sorts.