1354 users online (230 members and 1124 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1083dmco.html
    Mitchell Todd Hein
    Missing since February 1, 1983 from Golden, Jefferson County, Colorado.
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
    Date Of Birth: October 31, 1960
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0"; 170 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown/auburn naturally curly hair and when last seen it was bushy and unkempt. He also had a full beard when last seen; brown eyes.
    Scars, Marks: Had major knee surgery and has a large scar on one of his knees.
    Clothing: Last seen wearing tattered blue jeans, a flannel shirt and either tennis shoes or work boots.
    Dentals: Available.
    DNA: Available.
    Aka: Mitch

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Mitchell moved out his parent's house in Golden Colorado in 1980. He traveled extensively over the next three years working odd jobs such as rebuilding boats, a car mechanic and work in the oil fields. He was known to have been in Houston Texas, Galveston Texas, Clinton Oklahoma, Neosho Missouri and Indio California. Mitch would send his parents postcards and would visit once a year during the Christmas holidays.
    In December 1982 Mitch came home to Colorado for a visit and abruptly left in January or February 1983 without saying goodbye to anyone. He was carrying his clothes and belongings in a black trash bag.
    According to a friend, Mitch showed up in Clinton Oklahoma and then in early March 1983 he hitched a ride with the friend's father to California. When they stopped for the night in Indio California Mitch left the hotel room and has not been seen or heard from since.
    Mitch may have been involved in drugs and was described by some friends as being anti-establishment. It was reported that Mitch had thrown away his driver's license, social security card and may have had no form of identification on him.
    Attachment 118922MTHein1[1].jpg

Hello, everyone! I haven't posted in this thread in a very long time but wanted to share something interesting.

I am robo-watching McLeod's Daughters on HULU. I am on Season 5, Episode 18, and saw the vet on the series wearing a shirt identical to the shirt our John Doe was wearing. The shirt looked blue with blue armbands, the sun/moon on it was yellow, and the hawk was the same as well as the trees. The series originates in Australia. The vet wearing the shirt was looking for unusual birds in a contest along with a female cast member. I got chills when I saw the shirt.

Could the shirt have come from Australia? Could the John Doe be Australian? Are there international bird watchers organizations?

I have obviously missed quite a lot of relevant posts, so forgive me if these questions have been answered or the origin of the shirt been discovered. The series was filmed on location in Australia, the accents are Australian, and the vet is wearing the shirt!

***ETA: I thought I should add that the hawk was in a red circle, but there as also a larger circle of yellow. If it isn't the exact same shirt, it has to be a shirt from the same designer as well as the same manufacturer.

Many Australians have red hair.
    Last edited by LaLaw2000; 09-17-2017 at 08:49 PM. Reason: added statement
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Quote Originally Posted by madamx View Post
    Mitch may have been involved in drugs and was described by some friends as being anti-establishment. It was reported that Mitch had thrown away his driver's license, social security card and may have had no form of identification on him.
    This and his prior erratic lifestyle makes me wonder if he was having mental health issues. He was about the right age to be sliding into schizophrenia if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    The vet wearing the shirt was looking for unusual birds in a contest along with a female cast member. I got chills when I saw the shirt.
    Sounds like what is known to UK birders as "twitching". Twitchers will travel for days to catch a glimpse of a rare visiting bird.

Could the shirt have come from Australia? Could the John Doe be Australian? Are there international bird watchers organizations?
    There's this Australian ornithological organisation:

http://www.birdlife.org.au/

This site has a list of birding clubs in Australia:

https://www.birdsqueensland.org.au/links_clubs_aust.php

Birding holidays and trips are popular amongst birders so this chap could be a foreigner who went missing on a trip. Maybe there's a club out there missing a member.

Many Australians have red hair.
    They'll be the ones with ancestry in NW Europe, especially Norway or Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    This and his prior erratic lifestyle makes me wonder if he was having mental health issues. He was about the right age to be sliding into schizophrenia if nothing else.
    That was what I was wondering, too. The place where he was last seen is quite a distance but on a fairly direct route; if he continued his pattern of traveling around from job to job, he might well have headed to the Lake Tahoe area where there's lots of tourist industry employment winter and summer.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30