1085 users online (195 members and 890 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    121

    UK - Woman receives hate mail for eight years, Jersey

    This was in the daily hate today. I wonder who the stalker is? I reckon it can probably be solved on this site.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...GHT-YEARS.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,310
    She was divorced 40 yrs ago, when she was 32. The letters started 8 yrs ago. I assume that her ex has long forgotten about her, so the person who normally would be high on the list of suspects, is not likely involved at all.

    I wonder if LE used a criminal psychologist to do a personality profile of the writer. It might be possible to trace the source of his/her anger and might give some leads. The writer certainly has sympathy for her "poor boys".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,372
    My vote goes to one of her sons' wives...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    63° 22'N 32° 17'W (It's In The Abyss.)
    Posts
    3,711
    Whoever is doing this is not a random stranger. I suspect it could be the ex-husband. Granted, the divorce happened 40 years unless he had some grudge issues.




    HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,743
    Cases like this terrify me. It could happen to any of us.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    My vote goes to one of her sons' wives...
    I was thinking an ex girlfriend of one of the sons. Maybe someone the Mom wasn't really fond of.

  7. #7
    rosesfromangels's Avatar
    rosesfromangels is offline "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,875
    IMO, absolutely written by a woman, maybe even someone she considers a friend. I believe the person has dementia, or is an alcoholic. They have a diseased mind full of bitterness and jealousy. Men don't write stuff like this; its a woman.
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    63° 22'N 32° 17'W (It's In The Abyss.)
    Posts
    3,711
    Quote Originally Posted by rosesfromangels View Post
    IMO, absolutely written by a woman, maybe even someone she considers a friend. I believe the person has dementia, or is an alcoholic. They have a diseased mind full of bitterness and jealousy. Men don't write stuff like this; its a woman.
    Looking at it, I see a lot of typos and errors. It could very well be an alcoholic or someone with dementia. I can imagine all the anger they have all pent up.




    HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    And it must be considered -- and I trust authorities have done -- that she sends them herself.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,743
    Quote Originally Posted by musicaljoke View Post
    She was divorced 40 yrs ago, when she was 32. The letters started 8 yrs ago. I assume that her ex has long forgotten about her, so the person who normally would be high on the list of suspects, is not likely involved at all.

    I wonder if LE used a criminal psychologist to do a personality profile of the writer. It might be possible to trace the source of his/her anger and might give some leads. The writer certainly has sympathy for her "poor boys".
    Unless his partner had recently died.....
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Midwest/Northern California
    Posts
    297
    My guess is she writes them herself, or it's a former co-worker who still lives nearby.

    Hate to say it but many personality disordered people don't realize how badly they come off to others. There might be grains of truth to the complaints in the letters. BUT it seems weird someone would put so much effort into this.....

    Ugh. Just ugh. To all of it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,568
    Quote Originally Posted by WyomingSkyAngel View Post
    My guess is she writes them herself, or it's a former co-worker who still lives nearby.

    Hate to say it but many personality disordered people don't realize how badly they come off to others. There might be grains of truth to the complaints in the letters. BUT it seems weird someone would put so much effort into this.....

    Ugh. Just ugh. To all of it.
    She might have written them herself but I'm sure LE would have discovered it by now.



    Even if aspects of the letter are true, the anonymous writer is a coward of the worse kind. If someone has a grievance they should own it, imo. I wrote a letter to my foster mother, it wasn't nasty or full of foul language, but I had to tell her how her actions and abuse affected my childhood and life. She probably threw it in the bin but no matter, writing the letter had a cathartic effect on me, she was finally out of my life. I had/have no intentions in terrorizing that woman, I'm not HER!

    I have very strong feelings about self righteous people who anonymously harass and stalk others, sometimes, purely based on gossip and hearsay. They enjoy the fear and anxiety they cause their victim knowing they will never be held accountable. They sit back and watch the fire, like an arsonist enjoying his handy work, and when it finally dies out, they reignite it.

    Sorry for the rant.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    63° 22'N 32° 17'W (It's In The Abyss.)
    Posts
    3,711
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeSuspect View Post
    She might have written them herself but I'm sure LE would have discovered it by now.



    Even if aspects of the letter are true, the anonymous writer is a coward of the worse kind. If someone has a grievance they should own it, imo. I wrote a letter to my foster mother, it wasn't nasty or full of foul language, but I had to tell her how her actions and abuse affected my childhood and life. She probably threw it in the bin but no matter, writing the letter had a cathartic effect on me, she was finally out of my life. I had/have no intentions in terrorizing that woman, I'm not HER!

    I have very strong feelings about self righteous people who anonymously harass and stalk others, sometimes, purely based on gossip and hearsay. They enjoy the fear and anxiety they cause their victim knowing they will never be held accountable. They sit back and watch the fire, like an arsonist enjoying his handy work, and when it finally dies out, they reignite it.

    Sorry for the rant.
    The self-righteous are the worst kinds. They are so repressed and insecure.




    HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Posts
    914
    I wonder if it might not be related somehow to a previous incident wherein she was scammed out of a fair bit of money: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ng-conman.html
    “The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa: The bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.” ~ The Doctor

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by pepelepolecat View Post
    I wonder if it might not be related somehow to a previous incident wherein she was scammed out of a fair bit of money: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ng-conman.html
    There would certainly be a motive if the letters were coming from a friend or family (or one of their family members) who was duped out of a large sum of money. But, that incident happened less than 3 years ago, so she had been receiving the hate mail for 5 years prior to the dating scam. It would explain, though, why the letters have gotten increasingly nasty.

    I would look at a friend or relative who was affected by the dating scam, and may have already been carrying a grudge against her for some other reason. It could be a spouse or offspring of someone defrauded - thus, the reference in one letter to stabbing someone in the back, and implying in the other that if she weren't living in a house owned by one of her sons, she would be living in government housing.

    My first thought had been that the letters are written by the teenage son/daughter of a neighbor or friend. Perhaps someone she had reproved and perhaps reported an incident involving the child when he/she was younger. He/she may not be aware of details of the dating fiasco (there's no mention of it in the letters), but is well aware that KF's sons and a friend were inveigled out of money.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY TX - James & Tonya Carroll for child abuse, Odessa, 2013
    By LonghornSpeakEasy in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2016, 12:55 PM
  2. Man receives 'Fecalgram' in the mail.
    By ariel7 in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 11:05 AM

Tags for this Thread