1072 users online (171 members and 901 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    She seems to have aged 4 years in less than 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    There would certainly be a motive if the letters were coming from a friend or family (or one of their family members) who was duped out of a large sum of money. But, that incident happened less than 3 years ago, so she had been receiving the hate mail for 5 years prior to the dating scam. It would explain, though, why the letters have gotten increasingly nasty.

I would look at a friend or relative who was affected by the dating scam, and may have already been carrying a grudge against her for some other reason. It could be a spouse or offspring of someone defrauded - thus, the reference in one letter to stabbing someone in the back, and implying in the other that if she weren't living in a house owned by one of her sons, she would be living in government housing.

My first thought had been that the letters are written by the teenage son/daughter of a neighbor or friend. Perhaps someone she had reproved and perhaps reported an incident involving the child when he/she was younger. He/she may not be aware of details of the dating fiasco (there's no mention of it in the letters), but is well aware that KF's sons and a friend were inveigled out of money.
    She had been receiving the letters for 8 years, according to her. The original report said that she had turned the last two letters in to the police, so that would be about a year. Other than her claims, there is nothing to suggest that these letters predated the fraud episode.

My guess is that this was all made up, perhaps as a cover to deflect the consequences of the earlier disappearance of money. Maybe the fraud thing was made up as well.

I find it highly suspicious that the same individual makes the papers for two separate but very odd incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingSkyAngel View Post
    My guess is she writes them herself, or it's a former co-worker who still lives nearby.
    I think it's likely a coworker. Why would a family member or friend bring up a past job in this way? This is the quote (pictured in a letter at the source linked in the OP) that makes me feel it's a coworker.

Worknig at Durell and pretend to everyone what a nice human being you are when realy your just plotting when your next going to stab someone in the back.
    The quote contains the text exactly as written in the letter.

I just don't see a family member writing that, or even knowing enough intimate work details to have made the comment about backstabbing. I would first want to examine anyone she had an issue with at work who left the job before she did, followed by anyone she had an issue with at work who left after she did, or who is still employed there.

Quote Originally Posted by HMSHood View Post
    Looking at it, I see a lot of typos and errors. It could very well be an alcoholic or someone with dementia. I can imagine all the anger they have all pent up.
    I would not call the ridiculous amount errors in the letter 'typos.'

Due to their large number, it is my opinion that the errors are intentional, or mostly intentional. Reasons the letter writer might do this include disguising the writing style of a person whose writing may be known to the recipient or disguising the intelligence level of the writer.

I haven't read the article yet. Only the comments here. It's possible it can be an ex.

Stalking can happen in spurts. I haven't seen an ex in over 12 years and every few years he goes completely nuts and starts cyber stalking, emailing, and mailing me letters. I can go 3 years without a peep and then for 9 months it's non stop harassment. I always know at those times he's probably going through something in his life. I'm always silent and never respond, but it's so tiring and draining. Perhaps that's what's happening to her. I'll read the article now.

I thought at first they might have been written by her, but they aren't flattering to her. People who write "stalking" letters to themselves to gain attention write flattering letters. These are ugly.

The sender is illiterate, and hates her, in my opinion. And knows a LOT about her.

I think someone who said upthread that it might be a former girlfriend of one of her sons, is likely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabra View Post
    I think it's likely a coworker. Why would a family member or friend bring up a past job in this way? This is the quote (pictured in a letter at the source linked in the OP) that makes me feel it's a coworker.

The quote contains the text exactly as written in the letter.

I just don't see a family member writing that, or even knowing enough intimate work details to have made the comment about backstabbing. I would first want to examine anyone she had an issue with at work who left the job before she did, followed by anyone she had an issue with at work who left after she did, or who is still employed there.

I would not call the ridiculous amount errors in the letter 'typos.'

Due to their large number, it is my opinion that the errors are intentional, or mostly intentional. Reasons the letter writer might do this include disguising the writing style of a person whose writing may be known to the recipient or disguising the intelligence level of the writer.
    Interesting. I agree it seems like it might be a co-worker.

But I disagree it's someone faking illiteracy. The saying, "it's as hard to fake literacy as it is to fake illiteracy" holds true, IMHO. The writer of the letters is truly illiterate, IMHO. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I thought at first they might have been written by her, but they aren't flattering to her. People who write "stalking" letters to themselves to gain attention write flattering letters. These are ugly.

The sender is illiterate, and hates her, in my opinion. And knows a LOT about her.

I think someone who said upthread that it might be a former girlfriend of one of her sons, is likely correct.
    I think people wanting attention and sympathy, usually create scenarios when they are the victim and being very wronged. If she was wanting this kind of attention (IMO) it would not make sense for her to say flattering things about herself.

For what it's worth, I think she is writing them. The daily mail article about being scammed was quite lengthy, and she never thought to mention being stalked? It seems like a perfect opportunity to get that in the open. IMO, she liked the sympathy she got from being a fraud victim, and has been creating scenarios to get that sympathy again. (All just my speculation.)
    Last edited by blue22; 02-11-2016 at 09:33 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by ruined detroit View Post
    This was in the daily hate today. I wonder who the stalker is? I reckon it can probably be solved on this site.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...GHT-YEARS.html
    I wonder if it could be a former colleague. If she's 72 now and the letters started 8 years ago they started when she was around 64. That's quite old for a female civil servant to retire (they tend to do so by the age of 60) but maybe the letters started when one of her former colleagues retired. The letters are very well set out but not very well written in terms of grammar and spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by rosesfromangels View Post
    IMO, absolutely written by a woman, maybe even someone she considers a friend. I believe the person has dementia, or is an alcoholic. They have a diseased mind full of bitterness and jealousy. Men don't write stuff like this; its a woman.
    I disagree men do send nasty hate mail also. It could be a male using bad grammar to hide their identity. But, my first guess was a woman, ex-friend, ex-husband, or husband's new wife or ex, or one of her own sons.
    I had my ex's current vwife send me nasty letters like this but my ex put her up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskers View Post
    I haven't read the article yet. Only the comments here. It's possible it can be an ex.

Stalking can happen in spurts. I haven't seen an ex in over 12 years and every few years he goes completely nuts and starts cyber stalking, emailing, and mailing me letters. I can go 3 years without a peep and then for 9 months it's non stop harassment. I always know at those times he's probably going through something in his life. I'm always silent and never respond, but it's so tiring and draining. Perhaps that's what's happening to her. I'll read the article now.
    Holidays, break-ups trigger it. My ex still sends emails 22 years later. Everytime he has a bad break-up they start up again.

If im not mistaken about another case . I think i have seen this or a tv episode about this case I dont remember what show maybe unsolved mysteries or something like dateline or 48 hours or one of the shows on ID Investigation discovery .And I think she was a bus driver if im not mistaken and I thought at the end of the EP the LE basically said that they believed she was doing it herself for the attention...Thats what happend in the one case that i seen on tv anyway ..So i dont know if this is the same one and if it is the same one after i watch it on some program i have never heard about it again untill i just seen the topic thread on here today....Did anything else ever happen or is what i described i saw the end of it ....
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

Quote Originally Posted by CanManEh View Post
    If im not mistaken about another case . I think i have seen this or a tv episode about this case I dont remember what show maybe unsolved mysteries or something like dateline or 48 hours or one of the shows on ID Investigation discovery .And I think she was a bus driver if im not mistaken and I thought at the end of the EP the LE basically said that they believed she was doing it herself for the attention...Thats what happend in the one case that i seen on tv anyway ..So i dont know if this is the same one and if it is the same one after i watch it on some program i have never heard about it again untill i just seen the topic thread on here today....Did anything else ever happen or is what i described i saw the end of it ....
    I think you're right!! Oh dammit, these narcissistic attention seekers! No wonder everyone is so sceptical about sob stories!

This is an article about how she was duped out of her savings! Either she loves attention or she's a target for every con out there! I'm going with the first now. :/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ng-conman.html

Quote Originally Posted by blue22 View Post
    I think people wanting attention and sympathy, usually create scenarios when they are the victim and being very wronged. If she was wanting this kind of attention (IMO) it would not make sense for her to say flattering things about herself.

For what it's worth, I think she is writing them. The daily mail article about being scammed was quite lengthy, and she never thought to mention being stalked? It seems like a perfect opportunity to get that in the open. IMO, she liked the sympathy she got from being a fraud victim, and has been creating scenarios to get that sympathy again. (All just my speculation.)
    You were on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeSuspect View Post
    I think you're right!! Oh dammit, these narcissistic attention seekers! No wonder everyone is so sceptical about sob stories!

This is an article about how she was duped out of her savings! Either she loves attention or she's a target for every con out there! I'm going with the first now. :/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ng-conman.html
    What's infuriating is that she was not only duped out of her own savings, she persuaded her son to give her money against his better judgement by playing the "don't you want me to be happy" card. AND she lied to a pensioner friend and got all his money to send off to her new love. Why on earth does she expect anyone to feel sorry for her now when she gets nasty letters? They're probably true! And she probably wrote them herself to get attention and sympathy.

She's a piece of work! Her poor sons!
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

I found a little more about her. There was an article about the letters originally published in Jersey, where she lives, on 4/15/15. It was later picked up by the Daily Mail 4/28/15. She comments after the Jersey article as Catherine, giving some details, although her name is Kathleen. The letters arrive on Valentine's Day and Mother's Day and include poetry.

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/20...-by-hate-mail/

She has also written a book about her difficult childhood being deaf.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Kathleen_Fortun

But wait! There's more. She started shopping around her story about the dating scam in 2013. She certainly won't make enough money to repay her debts.
    http://www.featureworld.co.uk/how-mu...sell-my-story/

Feature World placed the story with the Daily Mail.
    http://www.featureworld.co.uk/scamme...thleen-fortun/

And Feature World later placed the story in a magazine.
    http://www.featureworld.co.uk/anothe...thleen-fortun/

She's quite the self-promoter. JMO
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2