1166 users online (222 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TX - Ashley Mayhew, 22, Dallas, 27 April 2015

Ashley Mayhew

Woman Missing Since Man Stole Car With Her Sleeping Inside
    Police and a family are desperate to find a woman who was kidnapped from the Pleasant Grove section of Dallas. The family has identified the missing woman as Ashley Mayhew.
    According to police, the 22-year-old was sleeping in a car when her friends stepped out of the vehicle to visit with a resident in the 3200 block of Minoco Drive. An unknown man approached the group as they stood on the front porch.
    The unknown man started fighting with the resident and ultimately fired a pistol. The man then allegedly jumped into the (sic) where Mayhew was sleeping and sped off.

A neighbor, who asked not to be identified because she fears for her safety, heard what happened. “We are watching a movie inside… and out of nowhere the shots came out and we came outside.”
    The woman said the next thing they knew a vehicle was leaving – fast. “A car came out and it peeled out. It just left.”
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/04/28/w...eeping-inside/
    Last edited by los2188; 04-28-2015 at 08:22 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Wow that is crazy!

I do wonder about the story. It almost seems too....something.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Maybe too much... faked, planned. I'm not sure, it seems whenever I think I have a handle on what's going on. Something completely different happens.

You can fool too many people, too much of the time. James Thurber 1894 - 1961

I too think the series of events as described sounds suspect. It seems to me that she would have woken when the altercation started and certainly when the shot was fired....yet she stayed in the vehicle when an unknown man jumped in?

While I'm not sure what the weather was like when this happened in Dallas, I would almost think it might be a little warm to be sleeping in a car. I don't recall reading what time of day this happened. Either way, I certainly hope that she is okay.

Has anyone found her Facebook page?

Has anyone found her Facebook page?
    Here you go, Los.

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.mayhew.52

"A man approached the friends and the homeowner while they were on the front porch. After getting into a fight with the homeowner, the man fired a shot with a handgun and jumped into the Elantra to flee, police said.

The homeowner was not injured.

Police said they don’t know whether or not the homeowner or the two friends know the suspect.

“They are trying to sort out the story — our biggest concern is finding this woman,” Chinh Le, a spokeswoman for Dallas police, said."

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2015...l-inside.html/

Pleasant Grove is not a very pleasant place. This sounds like a drug deal gone bad. On her FB, there's a post from April 6 regarding her past drug use and trying to turn her life around. Hope she's found quick.

Regarding the weather, it was cool last night and unseasonably cool today as well.

MOO
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

A post on her FB says she just gave up drugs a few weeks ago? Maybe she was still around the "wrong" people?
    Just my opinion, of course.

The story absolutely does sound way too composed. I hope she's found unharmed.
    “There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by KJ's Mamu View Post
    I too think the series of events as described sounds suspect. It seems to me that she would have woken when the altercation started and certainly when the shot was fired....yet she stayed in the vehicle when an unknown man jumped in?
    Maybe she had passed out.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ's Mamu View Post
    I agree the story sounds far fetched and smells fishy, however, assuming she was indeed in the car and shots were fired, if it did wake her up, maybe she felt safer by staying in the car. If I woke up to a shooting I'd stay put. Duck down. Certainly not expect a random shooter to hop into the car I was in and drive off in it... I doubt he expect her to be there either... that is if the story is real. And if so, I'd hate to think what the guy might to to cover his tracks if he thought there was a witness to his crimes. If the story is real, sounds like this poor girl was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hope she is found safe and quickly!

What an odd story! If true, she's in serious danger in the hands of a dangerous man. I hope this was a prank *praying it is*

Did they give out a description of the perp? Are amber alerts only issued for minors?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast