MI - ICE Officer ‘Faced With A Threat’ Fatally Shoots 20-Year-Old Man In Detroit

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
3202d77f.gif

DETROIT (WWJ) – An Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officer shot and killed a 20-year-old man Monday afternoon on Detroit’s northwest side.

Police say the agent — part of a fugitive task force involving ICE and officers with the Detroit Police Department — was attempting to serve an armed robbery warrant at a home in the 9500 block of Evergreen near W. Chicago when the shooting occurred.

[...]

Craig would not talk more specifically about that alleged threat.
The suspect — a black man — had a prior criminal record including weapons charges, according to police.

WWJ’s Russ McNamara reported Craig was “trying to calm” neighbors at the scene expressing anger and frustration as they demanded answers.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

CBS Detroit

3202d77f.gif

As several dozen people staged a peaceful protest outside the house where the shooting occurred, Kellom's relatives were inside, offering mixed reactions about the police — and a different version of what happened.

"It was my nephew who was shot, but I'm telling you all police are not bad," said Shannon Sailes, 48. "The police can't win; if they're here, people say they're the bad guy, and if they don't show up, people say they're the bad guy.

"I'm upset about what happened, but let's have an investigation and let the police do their jobs."

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

The Detroit News

3202d77f.gif
As several dozen people staged a peaceful protest outside the house where the shooting occurred, Kellom's relatives were inside, offering mixed reactions about the police — and a different version of what happened.

"It was my nephew who was shot, but I'm telling you all police are not bad," said Shannon Sailes, 48. "The police can't win; if they're here, people say they're the bad guy, and if they don't show up, people say they're the bad guy.

"I'm upset about what happened, but let's have an investigation and let the police do their jobs."

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

The Detroit News

Well, that's a welcome breath of fresh air.

Well, that's a welcome breath of fresh air.

Absolutely - imo, people in general want a resolution to the many iphone videos regarding LE. Listening as well as one hears is the best start overall imo - Mike and the Mechanics - The Living Years.

Armed robbery? Weapons charges?

Sounds like a decent chance he was "faced with a threat"...

Imo, it sounds like it's time to listen given the historical threat that existed on both sides. Who wants an officer showing up at their door who previously pointed a gun at their wife's head? At this point, can't find a reason he was still a police officer.

There are two sides here if previous wrong doing is the issue.

From the lyrics noted above -

'Stilted conversation .... You just can't get agreement ...' On and on it goes.

At one time an officer saying he faced a threat was enough for me. But due to some recent cases that is not so much the case. I've not gone to where I will immediately accuse. But I am at the point of "trust but verify."

I want to see more info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back