Hillary Clinton Addresses Race and Justice in Impassioned Speech

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
3202d77f.gif

In an unusually impassioned speech, Hillary Rodham Clinton delivered a pointed assessment of race in America on Wednesday, lamenting the recent deaths of young black men and calling for overhauling the “out-of-balance” criminal justice system on display on the smoke-filled streets of Baltimore.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

NY Times

3202d77f.gif

In an unusually impassioned speech, Hillary Rodham Clinton delivered a pointed assessment of race in America on Wednesday, lamenting the recent deaths of young black men and calling for overhauling the “out-of-balance” criminal justice system on display on the smoke-filled streets of Baltimore.
SABBM

Wonder what Ms. Clinton means by "overhauling" the justice system ?
( "Overhaul" : 1. take apart , in order to examine and repair if necessary
2. overtake , especially in a sporting event. (paraphrased definition) )

Not sure what parts of our justice system need to be overhauled ; but that is only from my viewpoint. I've always assumed the justice system will work -- if allowed to do so properly.
This lady and her husband have always been something of an enigma to me .
As far as our American justice system, my opinion is that it can be slow and bureaucratic . And I wonder why things don't move along faster.
:moo:

Our justice system is horribly flawed in that Lady Justice peeps out from under that blindfold and winks at the privileged.

Look at all the Hollywood celebs who get tiny hand pats for crimes that would get most of us a very serious sentence. And people in positions of power in LE or government who abuse their positions and hurt people or cheat on taxes, etc.?

Do any of us "regular" people think we would get the same "pass" for committing those same offenses? I surely don't.

Justice is so very biased and unless you are part of a favored group, you are not given fair and just treatment by the system.

Our justice system is horribly flawed in that Lady Justice peeps out from under that blindfold and winks at the privileged.

Look at all the Hollywood celebs who get tiny hand pats for crimes that would get most of us a very serious sentence. And people in positions of power in LE or government who abuse their positions and hurt people or cheat on taxes, etc.?

Do any of us "regular" people think we would get the same "pass" for committing those same offenses? I surely don't.

Justice is so very biased and unless you are part of a favored group, you are not given fair and just treatment by the system.
SABBM

As for the first sentence fragment bolded, I always assumed the celebs paid the prosecutors to get off easy. Not right at all, but fighting that would be like trying to fill in the Grand Canyon ; imo.

The second part I LOL'd at, thinking about Al Sharpton and his tax problems that are not seeming to hamper his 'cause'.
www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2014/11/19/lessons-from-rev-al-sharptons-4-5-million-tax-bill/

MOO

sorry but this just seems like a cheap political speech IMO.

Yes, made to look like she cares. the night of the worst rioting, while other pols were tweeting concern, Hillary was tweeting on how to score a free Hillary bumper sticker and that tweet made it on to Drudge. So this is a cover up for that IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back