1188 users online (196 members and 992 guests)  

Websleuths News

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Websleuths Post of the Day 4/30

WEBSLEUTHS POST OF THE DAY FOR THURSDAY APRIL 30TH

Since it became a bit confusing about the nominations here is what we are going to do: When you come to the "Post of the Day" thread you will see a bright red "Pay attention to MEEEEEEE"

When you see this bright red prefix that is the thread you put your nominations on for Websleuths Post of the Day!

Yesterday's winner was sent to me and not posted. Now, don't be shy. Post your nominations here

Websleuths poster Jane the dood is our winner for the post of the day.

In our News That Makes You Smile

LinusK posted a thread called, "A Man Named Burger Is Marrying A Woman Named King And Burger King Is Paying For The Wedding"

Jane the dood posted this winner:
    You gotta love it.

You want fries with that?
    Ok My True Crime Darlings it's time for you to go to work. Find us a wonderful Post of the Day!!

G'night
    Tricia
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Here's my nomination for post of the day. This is post #504 in the "MD - Criminal investigation launched after Baltimore man dies in police custody", in the "Up To The Minute" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
    I posted earlier in the thread that I really want to know the specifics of the mechanism of injury. That information may implicate the officers, or may help to exonerate them. We just don't know, because, IMO, everyone is quite happy to let the vague and INDIRECT information hover out there inflaming passions.

People hear "fractured", "severed", and "crushed", and THINK they understand what happened. There is a rush to judgment to blame police for excessive force, when it may or may not have happened.

I want to know the ACTUAL information, not some sanitized, imprecise, or whitewashed version. I want to know what happened before the cell phone video. I want to know his medical history, and his law enforcement history. I want to know what happened in the van, when they discovered him unresponsive, and what happened during his course of hospitalization. I want to know which specific vertebrae were fractured, and what KIND of facture occurred. I want to know what his laryngeal injuries were. I want to know the EXACT level and pathology of the spinal cord injury. I want to know if he had a head injury. I want to know what his medical history is. I know that there are numerous ways to arrive at "fractured, severed, and crushed"-- and not all of those ways implicate the police for excessive force.

And if there is objective information that exonerates the officers, Baltimore and other cities will surely burn again, IMO. No question. There will definitely be fresh rioting and violence, and fresh targeting of police officers. These officers HAVE to be guilty of *something* for any kind of peace to hold, IMO. That's the dilemma facing authorities, IMO.

I would like to nominate post #914 by wondergirl, made over 2 years ago during the very sad case of Noelle Paquette's murder. It was determined that her killers, a couple, were into bondage and "furries" (where you dress up in furry costumes for kinky purposes)...its one of those things where you probably had to be there, but wondergirl really added some MAJOR levity during a really sad situation- her post took me by surprise and had me laughing so hard I was literally crying for 10 minutes:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ec-2012/page37

*if you read through the posts leading up to and after wondergirl's post, you can see I'm not the only one who was crying!

And again a post was sent to me rather than posted. All if forgiven because this one made me laugh. It cracked me up. Anyone who makes me laugh I use my massive power to award them some sort of fabulous title. ModMaiden wins the Websleuths Post of the Day.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...Walpurgisnacht!
    ModMaiden
    Would love to stop and chat but need to get out my broom and head to Germany!
    However I want to give an honorable mention to K_Z for this thought provoking post from the Criminal investigation launched after Baltimore man dies in police custody

Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
    Thread: MD - Criminal investigation launched after Baltimore man dies in police custody

I posted earlier in the thread that I really want to know the specifics of the mechanism of injury. That information may implicate the officers, or may help to exonerate them. We just don't know, because, IMO, everyone is quite happy to let the vague and INDIRECT information hover out there inflaming passions.

People hear "fractured", "severed", and "crushed", and THINK they understand what happened. There is a rush to judgment to blame police for excessive force, when it may or may not have happened.

I want to know the ACTUAL information, not some sanitized, imprecise, or whitewashed version. I want to know what happened before the cell phone video. I want to know his medical history, and his law enforcement history. I want to know what happened in the van, when they discovered him unresponsive, and what happened during his course of hospitalization. I want to know which specific vertebrae were fractured, and what KIND of facture occurred. I want to know what his laryngeal injuries were. I want to know the EXACT level and pathology of the spinal cord injury. I want to know if he had a head injury. I want to know what his medical history is. I know that there are numerous ways to arrive at "fractured, severed, and crushed"-- and not all of those ways implicate the police for excessive force.

And if there is objective information that exonerates the officers, Baltimore and other cities will surely burn again, IMO. No question. There will definitely be fresh rioting and violence, and fresh targeting of police officers. These officers HAVE to be guilty of *something* for any kind of peace to hold, IMO. That's the dilemma facing authorities, IMO.
    Thanks everyone. Please nominate again on THIS THREAD
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT