CO CO - Timothy Copley, 57, Colorado Springs, 20 June 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure which forum this needs to be placed in, but an interesting story nevertheless.

timothy-lee-copely-jpg.jpg

Timothy Lee Copley
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office says investigators found the remains of a woman while searching the home of a man who was reported missing last June. The sheriff's office says foul play is not suspected in the woman's death.

The woman's name will not be released until an autopsy is completed and her family is notified.
http://www.krdo.com/news/womans-rem...316?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I wonder if she committed suicide?

I am a little confused about this case. Is foul play suspected in the missing man's case then?

He's been missing almost a year and LE only just searched his home? WTH?

Indeed interesting ! Kind of soon to say there was no foul play, unless LE knows more than we do. @ zwiebel :Yes, also odd they waited for a year to search his home. Maybe because no one requested a well-family check until now ?
Whenever I hear cases like this I'm reminded how so many people live too isolated and have no one to notice if they're not heard from in a while ; not that this case is like that. Just my .02.

Sheriff’s deputies came across the body as they were searching for a missing man. Deputies said when the new administration took over in January, they ordered an audit of active missing persons and runaway cases. At the time, there were about 26 such cases, dating back to 1982.
http://fox21news.com/2015/04/30/deputies-find-womans-body-while-searching-for-missing-man/

The Copley case was among 26 unsolved missing persons cases - some dating to 1982 - when Lee Elder succeeded Terry Maketa as Sheriff in December. Elder ordered an audit of the cases, and 19 have been cleared, while the remaining seven have been assigned to a detective, rather than a volunteer as they had been under Maketa.

http://gazette.com/search-for-missing-el-paso-county-man-leads-to-discovery-of-body/article/1550707

In a case like this where the man has been missing for nearly a year and a woman was found dead in the home, who was paying the mortgage? Was the home paid for? If so, who was paying the taxes and were the utilities on? Who mowed the lawn and shoveled snow? Most houses don't just sit empty all that time unless they are in a run down area of town with a lot of abandoned houses. Neighbors should notice if a house is unattended for a long time.

Unless he had auto-pay...

http://consumerist.com/2014/03/10/n...or-6-years-because-her-bills-were-on-autopay/

In a case like this where the man has been missing for nearly a year and a woman was found dead in the home, who was paying the mortgage? Was the home paid for? If so, who was paying the taxes and were the utilities on? Who mowed the lawn and shoveled snow? Most houses don't just sit empty all that time unless they are in a run down area of town with a lot of abandoned houses. Neighbors should notice if a house is unattended for a long time.

I don't think there's necessarily any mystery about the bills and the lawn. They didn't just discover he had been missing for a year, he had been reported missing so someone knew he was gone and may have made arrangements for him.

None of the articles I saw said that the missing man lived alone or that the woman had been dead for a year so I think it's possible it could have been the woman who reported him missing, mowed the lawn, if there is one, and paid the bills for some time after he had gone missing. They seem to know her identity before the autopsy so she seems likely to have been someone who belonged there in the house and perhaps died quite recently if she was readily identifiable without DNA tests.

The neighbors would presumably have known that he was missing and wouldn't have wondered if the grass was unmowed.

There was a previous case, missing for a very long time... not noticed missing because of auto-pay. :twocents:

He was reported missing in June 2014.

There was a previous case, missing for a very long time... not noticed missing because of auto-pay. :twocents:

Yes, if you get money direct-deposited and your bill-pay is set to automatically pay bills. A kind neighbor might mow and shovel if needed.

So I'd like to make sense of this. He disappeared last year. A woman's body was found last month. And they don't suspect foul play. I doubt that. Imo

He had cancer according to the fb post, quoted by his dad. I wonder if the lady(his girlfriend) that lived with him, the one who just passed away, reported him missing.

It doesn't say specifically but the tone of the post and some of the articles is that the whole family knew he was missing and had looked for him quite a bit during the year, though without help from LE. That's my interpretation, anyway.

He had cancer according to the fb post, quoted by his dad. I wonder if the lady(his girlfriend) that lived with him, the one who just passed away, reported him missing.

Oh so the one who died was his girlfriend?Do you suppose she killed him, disposed or hid his body and then killed herself a year later?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back