827 users online (93 members and 734 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Law Enforcement Statement Analysis

http://www.statementanalysis.com/lying/

http://www.statementanalysis.com/ramseynote/

Don't recall ever seeing this before. I do know that the case is often discussed in law enforcement classes.

ajt400Guest
    That is a good analysis of the ransom note....probably one of the best I have seen.

I've read it before but not at that site.

I wonder what part of the country he grew up in? I've heard and used "and hence" all my life so I've never thought the phrase was particularly strange or unique.

Thanks Sabrina,

That was excellent and made so much sense, it boggles the mind that anyone would still wonder who wrote the note, AND HENCE, responsible for JonBenet's death.
    This is my opinion only
    This post may not be copied to any other forum

God Bless America

ajt400Guest
    It did make sense, some of it was out there, though. I have used hence before......

Tipper, I have hardly heard "and hence" or "hence" used at all and I've lived on both coasts, plus two countries in Europe.

I don't know where Mark is from originally, but he has lived in Georgia for at least 8 years:
    "From 1991 - 1999, I taught interviewing techniques at the United States Marshals Service Training Academy which is located at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, Georgia. "

However, I recently looked at an old textbook and it was full of "hences". I guess I never paid attention to it when I took the course!

Edited to mean "hence"...no "AND" before the hence... That is incorrect grammar.
    Last edited by Sabrina; 12-06-2003 at 12:56 AM.

So what we have is a perp who grew up in either Vergennes or Burlington, Vermont and kidded his way through academic papers while in law school.

Piece o' cake!

No,I live in Maryland and have used hence and myriad all of my life,both of which often are used by "some" with an "and" in front. My mother used hence,my sisters use hence,it never struck me as odd . We purchased "attache's" for the men at Christmastime. We never used the word countermeasures,that IMO was the interesting word in the ransom note. That always sounded military IMO,maybe the someone who wrote the note was involved in military intelligence. (before losing his mind of course).

Maryland is close to West Virginia, isn't it?

Originally posted by Sabrina
    Maryland is close to West Virginia, isn't it?
    Got that right, Sabrina, I was thinking the same thing. The two states share a border.

Originally posted by sissi
    We never used the word countermeasures,that IMO was the interesting word in the ransom note. That always sounded military IMO,maybe the someone who wrote the note was involved in military intelligence. (before losing his mind of course).
    sissi, as you may recall, John Ramsey was in the military in the 1960s. He was a Naval officer. The word, "countermeasures" would be a word he'd be quite familiar with.

I think that Patsy penned the note, but that she and John together decided what it would say; and hence, both their "signatures" are there, in the wording of the note.

ajt400Guest
    Very good use of hence....but I don't think you needed the "and."

ajt400Guest

Talking

:bigthumb:

ajt, Patsy was grammatically incorrect when she used "and" with "hence." If I hadn't written "and hence," I wouldn't be accurately mimicking Patsy, now would I?

I don't understand why you considered your post so hilarious and such a snappy comeback to my post that you had to make another post to pat yourself on the back with smilies.

Re: Law Enforcement Statement Analysis

Originally posted by Sabrina
    http://www.statementanalysis.com/lying/

http://www.statementanalysis.com/ramseynote/

Don't recall ever seeing this before. I do know that the case is often discussed in law enforcement classes.
    WOW...thanks for info...I'm off and trying to buy this read/book but not having much luck...but I'm persistant!!!LOL!!! THANK YOU again for info--I'd heard there was a manual/info somewhere for Law Enforcement to learn from...not sure this the same info...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast