MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
ht_jacob_wetterling2_091021_mn.jpg

11-year-old Jacob Wetterling was riding bicycles with his brother and a friend in St. Joseph, Minnesota on October 22, 1989 when they were approached by an unknown man with a gun. The man let the other boys go, but grabbed Jacob and walked away with him. Jacob has never been heard from again.

Jacob on NamUs
NCMEC
Charley Project
Facebook
AMW
Jacob Wetterling Resource Center - http://www.jwrc.org/

Jacob Wetterling SAR and Map Thread - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, 22 Oct 1989 ***MEDIA THREAD***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, 22 Oct 1989 ***CASE FACTS***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Previous threads:
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14

[URL="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?274085-MN-Jacob-Wetterling-11-St-Joseph-22-Oct-1989-15/page14#top"]#15

[/URL]

Oops, Tinner said he hunts the land where the trailer is. I was wondering if he knows the owner of the land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't that Bell Hill right by the Kraemer's landfill.

The same name as what rhe perp asked Jared?

Oops, Tinner said he hunts the land where the trailer is. I was wondering if he knows the owner of the land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melvin Kammers owns 170 acres on the corner of 260th and Ranch Rd. And I should mention for those who are not familiar with the area, Ranch Road, is El Rancho Manana.

This photo was taken at El Rancho,

Jacob - El Rancho Manana.jpg

Melvin Kammers owns 170 acres on the corner of 260th and Ranch Rd. And I should mention for those who are not familiar with the area, Ranch Road, is El Rancho Manana.

This photo was taken at El Rancho,

View attachment 74143

What is El Rancho Mana? How do you know the pic was taken there?

It's good to see such a sad case solved, but is there any particular reason why the blatant racial prejudice in this article(and its comments) needs to be seen by anyone on this forum?

I hope it's removed by the mods. I can't speak for anyone else, but it makes me sick.

Wow. Someone sent me the article and all I did was read it.

I did not look at anything else. Just the idea that it took all of those years for the technology to advance. I deleted the article. The source ! Wow. Reading the sidebars. Crazies!

Family member reported that underwear were found in Hollinger’s vehicle

What kind of vehicle was it? who found the underwear? LE?

Where does the info come from about fhe underwear?

If that is true, how did he get away with it?

He coukd claim someone put it into his car, but that would not be the only thing . There must have been fibers and whatever else they collected back in those days.

Did he have an ironclad alibi? It makes zero sense

Land Ownership for the immediate area surrounding Hollinger's Trailer

Hollinger Trailer Area Land Ownership.jpg

Red owned by Kammers Land (Hollinger)
Pink owned by Gold Meadows Hunting Preserve
Green owned by Reitmeier
Yellow owned by Federal Government WPA
Orange owned by El Rancho Manana
Purple owned by Rothstein

Aargh!!! Bessie, could you please include the last ~100 posts when closing/recreating a thread? Otherwise, how do you suggest we reply to those posts?

Uh...nooo. Sorry. Not copying 100 posts from thread to thread.

Click on the post number of the post you want to answer. Copy the url and paste in your reply. Then copy and paste the post content into your post. Start your reply with something like: "Reply to post #X by XXXX in the previous thread."

Here is a really good article about the case that was just solved 33 years later using advances in technology.

It is interesting how LE kept working and working this case.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...credit-dna-technology-cracking-1981-cold-case

Hmm, if he didn't sexually assault her and she didn't put up a fight, I wonder what DNA he left on her body?
I wonder if they screwed up something with J's rape kit (or didn't do one?), because there should have been plenty of viable DNA there. The rape kit backlog is astounding though, so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't test it or it got contaminated somehow.

I'll ask this question again...

Jared said that his perpetrator asked him for directions to the Kraemers. Well Jared was familiar with that family name, so maybe his misheard the name. Maybe the perpetrator asked for directions to another similarly spelled and similar sounding name??

Then there is the Red Carpet. I wonder if anyone in the area had a connection to the Red Carpet, such as a promotional agreement???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff