911 users online (177 members and 734 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Websleuths Post of the Day/ONT MOM AND ALEXWOOD

WEBSLEUTHS POST OF THE DAY FOR FRIDAY MAY 1ST

Since it became a bit confusing about the nominations here is what we are going to do: When you come to the "Post of the Day" thread you will see a bright red "Pay attention to MEEEEEEE"

When you see this bright red prefix that is the thread you put your nominations on for Websleuths Post of the Day!

And again a post was sent to me rather than posted. All if forgiven because this one made me laugh. It cracked me up. Anyone who makes me laugh I use my massive power to award them some sort of fabulous title. ModMaiden wins the Websleuths Post of the Day.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...Walpurgisnacht!
    ModMaiden
    Would love to stop and chat but need to get out my broom and head to Germany!
    However I want to give an honorable mention to K_Z for this thought provoking post from the

Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
    Thread: MD - Criminal investigation launched after Baltimore man dies in police custody

I posted earlier in the thread that I really want to know the specifics of the mechanism of injury. That information may implicate the officers, or may help to exonerate them. We just don't know, because, IMO, everyone is quite happy to let the vague and INDIRECT information hover out there inflaming passions.

People hear "fractured", "severed", and "crushed", and THINK they understand what happened. There is a rush to judgment to blame police for excessive force, when it may or may not have happened.

I want to know the ACTUAL information, not some sanitized, imprecise, or whitewashed version. I want to know what happened before the cell phone video. I want to know his medical history, and his law enforcement history. I want to know what happened in the van, when they discovered him unresponsive, and what happened during his course of hospitalization. I want to know which specific vertebrae were fractured, and what KIND of facture occurred. I want to know what his laryngeal injuries were. I want to know the EXACT level and pathology of the spinal cord injury. I want to know if he had a head injury. I want to know what his medical history is. I know that there are numerous ways to arrive at "fractured, severed, and crushed"-- and not all of those ways implicate the police for excessive force.

And if there is objective information that exonerates the officers, Baltimore and other cities will surely burn again, IMO. No question. There will definitely be fresh rioting and violence, and fresh targeting of police officers. These officers HAVE to be guilty of *something* for any kind of peace to hold, IMO. That's the dilemma facing authorities, IMO.
    PLUUUEEEZZZZEEE put your posts of the day on this thread. Or they'll be trouble. Right here. Right here in River City. My apologies to The Music Man

Do you do that? When you are so tired you have to try and remember how to blink that you start writing showtunes on posts in Websleuths? I think it is a very common phenomenon actually.

Ok, Post your nomination here. While all posts are greatly appreciated it's best if you keep your nominations to posts that pretty much explain themselves.

'Night

Tricia
    Last edited by Tricia; 05-01-2015 at 03:14 AM.
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    2 in 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario Mom View Post
    There was a case I followed last fall where every once in a while one of the mods would pop in with the friendly reminder to "scroll and roll". I thought that was very helpful so I just thought I'd mention it here. Obviously we don't all agree on every aspect of this case but sometimes it's better to just leave it at that.

I hope the mods are okay with me mentioning this.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexwood View Post
    SCROLL & ROLL! LET's GIVE ONTARIO MOM POST OF THE DAY!
    You've done us a great service, OM! I was just thinking, we've been doing pretty well lately controlling our sniping. I know that I haven't felt the need to "scroll & roll" in awhile -- but you know what they say -- the calm before the storm (AND ALERT!! FULL MOON RISING ON MON. (05/04/2015) (ALERT!). This is a timely reminder!

Being a Websleuths member has reinforced the importance of tolerance, respect, and understanding. That the opinions and ideas of others have merit, and deserve consideration. Websleuths also helps to hone skills such as: attention to detail, communication, even grammar, spelling and vocabulary. [(Burned by "SpellCheck" too many times -- I refer to a mouldering (sp?) dictionary (circa: 1970!).] The moderators, and WS vets, and many others on this Board have a wealth of knowledge and experience. This is of great benefit to a newcomer (like myself).

I get a sense that WS is a mini-world, made up of members from all walks of life, occupations, cultures, and backgrounds. All have something valuable to bring to this forum. I am fortunate to be counted among them!

So, thanks again, OM. We love you! And Websleuths, too!
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...7#post11739867
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Tricia deserves the posts of many days (and years) for her unfailing sense of humor. I remember one of Tricia's True Crime Radio podcasts (through her radio podcasts, I discovered "Websleuths"). She opened the show with some (yet another) catastrophe that had befallen her prior to going "on the air." She said: "... and I was drowning in self-pity, and, save for the placement of the ears on the head, I was like a hippopotamus wallowing in the mud." It cracked me up, and struck me as so funny -- I thought, this woman has my exact same sense of warped humor! (I, too, had noticed the peculiar placement of the ears on the hippo's head -- and how small they were -- wondering in amazement how he could hear. And I thought I was the only weirdo -- all alone in the world.) Thank you Tricia, and please keep it up! We need you and your great outlook on life -- seeing the humor of it all, even through our tears!!! We love you, Tricia!

^ ^ I LOL'd at the "save for the placement of the ears on the head" line. Good one!