1173 users online (272 members and 901 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Sexual Assaults in Jail

It happens in county jails and it happens in big prisons. It happened more than 8,000 times in 2004. Roughly one in five sexual assaults happened in local juvenile lock-ups. More than four out of every 10 assaults reported in 2004 involved prison workers assaulting inmates. People go to jail to await trial. They go to prison to serve sentences, but their sentence should not include being raped.
    http://www.poynter.org/column.asp?id=2&aid=87353
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I thought this was a poll

You really don't want to hear my thoughts on this topic.............. trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    I thought this was a poll

You really don't want to hear my thoughts on this topic.............. trust me.
    LOL, I understand.
    Still this quote bothered me:
    Rates of substantiated incidents were highest in state-operated juvenile facilities (5.2 substantiated incidents per 1,000 youths) as well as in local and private juvenile facilities (5.0 per 1,000 youth). These rates were nearly 10 times higher than those reported in state prisons (0.5 per 1,000 inmates) and eight times those in local jails (0.6 per 1,000).
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight