1279 users online (228 members and 1051 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #10

Last edited by Coldpizza; 05-02-2015 at 07:34 AM.

We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Benaroon Drive where William went missing. So much thick forest .....
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #10

Person of interest in William Tyrrell case, Bill Spedding, charged with sexually abusing two girls
    April 23, 2015

A man questioned over the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell has been charged with five counts of sexual intercourse with a child under the age of 10 and two counts of common assault.

Police will allege Whitegoods repairman Bill Spedding sexually assaulted two girls, aged three and six, in Sydney 1987.

The accused yelled "no" when he was arrested by homicide detectives at his Bonny Hills home on Wednesday, about seven months after William vanished from the yard of his grandmother's home in Kendall, wearing his favourite Spider-Man outfit.

Please continue here for William

I was just thinking today, on Mother's Day - next week - it will be 8 months since William disappeared.
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

Websleuths: Citizens detectives and professionals helping police solve crimes.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/websl...02-1mutek.html

Quote Originally Posted by sosocurious View Post

That's a great article! Even though I contribute nothing of importance, the article makes me feel good to be part of this group of websleuths.

Quote Originally Posted by sosocurious View Post

That's awesome. I expect we'll get more members?
    That must've been why they were looking for feedback from Aussies here earlier.
    Interesting to know the police and media read this. I've sometimes seen things here getting brought up in the media.
    I love coming here because I can talk about cases I can't stop thinking about.
    IRL no one wants to talk about these things... it's negative I get that.
    For me it's therapeutic to discuss these cases, otherwise I'd drive myself crazy discussing it with myself inside my head, lol.

eight months is a very long time
    the only thing that is (sort of) clear for me is that william didn't get lost in the bush, for a little one to disappear in this baffling manner i think he had "help" so to speak
    sometimes i wonder if it was someone known to the family? most kids won't willingly take off with a complete stranger but then there is the "help me find my dog/cat" trick
    still hoping that, somehow, he is find alive but he seems to have join the ranks of missing children whose disappearance remains a mystery (jaliek rainwalker, madeleine mccain, malik drummond, the beaumont children to name a few)

Here's the WS thread about that article.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ews-Down-Under

I think Mark White deserves some thanks for this. I hope we do get some new members because of it, I'd really like to to see more Aussies on board.

Quote Originally Posted by pukasonqo2 View Post
    still hoping that, somehow, he is find alive but he seems to have join the ranks of missing children whose disappearance remain a mystery (jaliek rainwalker, madeleine mccain, the beaumont children to name a few)
    rsbm

For the amount of distress they cause not just their victims, but the victim's family and friends of the family, the victim's home community and the nation in general, people who are convicted of child abduction, rape and murder NEED to be getting more severe sentences than they do. I know I say this a lot. I feel like a broken record sometimes. But every child snatcher in prison for life could prevent the suffering and distress of so many people...

Why this is not a vastly greater concern for our politicians, I do not know. Don't they value the lives and well-being of our kids? The wellbeing of families, in this nation? It sickens me, how little has been done to make sure these criminals get put away where they belong, for long enough that they are no longer a threat to the rest of us.

I have said it before. And I will say it again.. and again.. until we see our kids become a matter of importance to those who make the sentencing laws.

Just so sad that it's gone all quiet again. Even after LE said there would be more arrests

A few things that have been bothering me about this case. Posing this to the sleuth community.

1. If indeed the police had found a clue that William Tyrell had been taken by a local paedophile ring, why would they announce it to the public and drive the people in the ring underground?
    2. According to the media - the visit from William Tyrell and the family to the grandmother's house was supposed to be an absolute surprise. However, the fact that the grandmother now admits telling Bill Spedding that she was getting a visit from her grandchildren beforehand brings this into question. Perhaps she needed to keep their visit a secret to protect the family? Is it perhaps linked to the "complex legal reasons" surrounding the mother not being able to show her face to the public?
    3. Bill Spedding knew about William's visit - and we know he is linked to a paedophile ring. Did he perhaps mention the visit to someone else in the ring? Is this why there will be "more arrests".
    4. I believe that the police do not have enough information about William Tyrell's disappearance to link Bill Spedding to it, so they have used the old abuse charges to keep him in jail and able to question him.
    5. What time was Will taken? Bill Spedding had a job at 2pm that day....
    6. Finally, why isn't William Tyrell's face up everywhere? Why are the media burying this story so far back in the pages? Why is this not as high a profile as some other child disappearance cases?

Quote Originally Posted by Manny83 View Post
    Just so sad that it's gone all quiet again. Even after LE said there would be more arrests
    I feel the same way.

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast