682 users online (74 members and 608 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Austin Bruns, 19, Los Angeles, 1 May 2015

Austin Bruns

LOYOLA MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY STUDENT REPORTED MISSING
    A Loyola Marymount University student has been reported missing after placing an alarming phone call to his father.

Austin Bruns, 19, was last seen around 5:30 p.m. Friday near his dorm. He was reported missing at about 11:30 p.m.
    http://abc7.com/news/loyola-marymoun...issing/692716/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This reminds me way too much of Bryce Laspisa. I think it's because of the age, locations (from the greater Sacramento area, missing in SoCal), and the worrisome phone call. I sure hope he's found or checks in soon.

Wow - this must be one major alarming statement he made.

His dad flew down shortly after even.

Guessing it'd be threats?

Bruns is considered a critically missing person because he is under 21, a student from outside the region, and in need of medication, the LAPD spokesman said, adding that the Bruns’ condition that requires medication is not life-threatening.

Bruns’ father, Scott Bruns, said in an interview that they had gotten into an argument during a phone conversation Friday evening. The elder Bruns said he became concerned and flew to the Los Angeles area from Sacramento after hours passed without word from his son.
    Considering the conversation was at 5:30 and he was reported missing at 10:30 and the dad also flew down, they must be awfully concerned because that's pretty quick for someone to fly down (when it's not like he's across the country and it'd take him hours to get here) and not wait a few more hours before coming.

http://ktla.com/2015/05/02/police-as...mount-student/

Searching beaches, etc. as well, but seem to be emphasizing the campus area.

They have a pretty intense search going on at the campus, with scent dogs,” Scott Bruns said, his voice cracking with emotion. “We just want to get the word out. If someone sees him, please call us."
    http://ktla.com/2015/05/02/police-as...mount-student/

How sad, obviously words were said, and sometimes omg we all say things we cannot ever take back....his father knew enough to know that he better fly down asap. This is so sad, I still hope they find him alive. Is there a body of water near his dorm?
    Dont Be A Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    How sad, obviously words were said, and sometimes omg we all say things we cannot ever take back....his father knew enough to know that he better fly down asap. This is so sad, I still hope they find him alive. Is there a body of water near his dorm?
    If it is Loyola Marymount, not too near water. It is very close to LAX, in Westchester. I lived in the neighborhood for some years. It is a suburban neighborhood, about two or so miles to beach, probably. Could walk, I guess, or ride a bike.
    Just my opinion, of course.

This article says the argument was THURSDAY and he was seen Friday night at 5:30, and his phone, wallet, etc. are still in his room.

EVERY other article so far is saying the phone call was Friday.

His father Scott Bruns said they had argued during a phone conversation Thursday, and after not hearing back from his son, he flew down from their home city of Sacramento.
    More on the argument here:

"I was on the phone talking to him about the year, finals ... internships and summer activities, and I was expressing some frustration with him," Scott Bruns said. "He hung up and hasn't been seen since."

<snip>

He said his said son had apologized at least once during the conversation before hanging up, and despite attempting to call Bruns back numerous times, he did not pick up. Scott Bruns said his son is "a great kid," and he wants to get in touch with him as soon as possible.

"He's never acted like this before," Scott Bruns added. "He's always called back. I was scared."
    If that's all there was to it I'm surprised, especially for a 'critical missing' (when I'd hardly call Sacramento out of the region, compared to a kid from across the country or the world, and non life-threatening medication)

Dad says he's a good kid, this is out of character, he apologized before hanging up, and he works for a campus ministry in a spare time.

Hopefully he just went to the beach or to visit a friend and cool off and had no idea his dad was calling because he left his phone, and it'll be something they can laugh off as a misunderstanding once he finds out the lengths his dad has gone to.
    Bruns is around 6 ft tall, weights 180 pounds, and has blonde hair and green eyes. In his spare time he works on the front desk of the campus ministry.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...302297171.html

LMU-Loyola Marymount
    ‏@LoyolaMarymount

Please call LMU DPS at 310-338-2893 w/ any info on missing student Austin Bruns. http://ow.ly/i/aD9fa

https://twitter.com/LoyolaMarymount/...67098304724993

Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

Hoping he is found safe very soon.

LOS ANGELES, CA - The Los Angeles Police Department is asking for the public's help in locating a missing 19-year-old man.

According to LAPD, Austin Bruns, 19, was last seen around 5:30 p.m. on May 1 on the campus of Loyola Marymount University, where he is a student.

<snip>

If you have seen, or have any information regarding the whereabouts of Austin Bruns, contact the Pacific Area watch commander at (310) 482-6334.

During non- business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to 1-877-LAPD-24-7 (877-527-3247).

Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477). Tipsters may also contact Crime Stoppers by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cell phone. All text messages should begin with the letters “LAPD.” Tipsters may also go to LAPDOnline.org, click on "webtips" and follow the prompts.

http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/news...zE2xeY2YCX89QQ

Just saw this in the Daily Mail. I live about three miles from Loyola Marymount. Does anyone know if they're looking for volunteers to search? Where would I find out? I can help tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeSommers View Post
    Just saw this in the Daily Mail. I live about three miles from Loyola Marymount. Does anyone know if they're looking for volunteers to search? Where would I find out? I can help tomorrow!
    A LMU site has been updating quite a bit. I'd keep your eye on it and also on their twitter (on the right side of the page they have a stream if you don't want to look at twitter itself) and see if they post anything maybe?

So far I've not seen a request but I'll keep my eyes on twitter and such and see if I see them make a request somewhere else too!

http://www.laloyolan.com/news/missin...a44a2792f.html

I hope they've searched the protected wetlands between Playa Vista and Playa del Rey. Walking distance from the university. Actually, there are so many different waterways in walking distance.

I wonder if he has classes on Monday? It definitely sounds like they have a lot of reason to be concerned, but if he's taking sort of a "personal break" for the weekend, maybe he'll be back in class next week? Too much to hope for?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast