GUILTY NY - Officer Brian Moore, 25, fatally shot, Queens, 2 May 2015

Indy Anna

Reaction score

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/03/nypd-officer-reportedly-shot-in-head-in-critical-condition/

~ snipped ~
Officer Brian Moore, 25, underwent surgery after being rushed in a patrol car to a Queens hospital Saturday evening after he and his partner pulled up in an unmarked police car to a man who was adjusting his waistband suspiciously, police Commissioner William Bratton said.....

Law enforcement flooded the Queens Village neighborhood following the shooting -- police helicopters flew overhead, officers searched house by house and some could be seen walking on roofs. About 90 minutes later, police arrested Demetrius Blackwell, 35, near the crime scene in a house on the block where he lives, officials said.

In-depth article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ex-con-charged-attempted-murder-shooting-nypd-article-1.2208681

~ snipped ~
One of the cops leaving the emergency room where Moore was being treated shook his head and only said “not good” when asked about the officer’s condition.....

As Moore struggled, authorities announced the alleged gunman, Demetrius Blackwell, 35, had been charged with attempted murder, assault, and criminal possession of a weapon. He was arraigned on Sunday afternoon.

On twitter, a ret NYPD said he has had surgery for bleeding on the brain and is now in a medically induced coma. :candle:

I am heartbroken!
I grew up not far from where this happened. Our neighborhood cops were usually our old schoolmates and neighbors.
My prayers for his family. So so sad.

:rose: officer moore......thank you for your service
:rose: strength to those that love him

:rose: :rose: :star: :star1: :rose: :rose:

692c2e00-f286-11e4-8441-b153d7cff21b_BrianMoore-.jpg

Officer Brian Moore, 25 :rose:
Thank You for your Service
Rest In Peace With Honor

http://news.yahoo.com/york-police-officer-shot-head-dies-injuries-newspaper-170006328.html

So sad. He looked younger than 25. My oldest is 23.
His whole life ahead of him ! :(

My utmost condolences to his loved ones.

Let justice move swiftly and harshly !!!!

:moo:

Not sure how swift justice will be...just heard this is fighting the charges since he was arrested in his home without a warrant or some nonsense.

Not sure how swift justice will be...just heard this is fighting the charges since he was arrested in his home without a warrant or some nonsense.

RSBM

Well I'm sure they "Mirandized" him or whatever.

www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NYPD-...-Demetrius-Blackwell-Ramos-Liu-302401911.html

Demetrius Blackwell of Queens was arrested at his home about 90 minutes after the shooting. He didn't enter a plea on that charge Sunday and is being held without bail.

Kind of curious since the video clip in this link said he was arrested at a friend's ?
www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NYPD-...-Demetrius-Blackwell-Ramos-Liu-302401911.html

A gun has been recovered from a yard near where the suspect lived and authorities are testing to the weapon to see if it matches the gun that shot Moore, a law enforcement source said.

Hopefully they have the right weapon.... and if someone else "hid" it for Blackwell, they should be charged as an accessory ; imo.

Prayers to his family, friends and fellow officers. Thank you for your service Officer Moore. God be with you and all those who love you.

So heartbreaking. He is younger than my grandson. Where is the outrage for this young man who put his life in danger every single day?

So heartbreaking. He is younger than my grandson. Where is the outrage for this young man who put his life in danger every single day?

There is outrage, locally. The courthouse was packed with fellow officers. Over 300 of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back