967 users online (191 members and 776 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

UT - Police: Man shoots, kills would-be carjacker outside store

OREM, Utah (AP) — A shopper with a concealed weapons permit shot and killed a man who was trying to carjack a woman Saturday outside a Utah grocery store, officers said.

The 31-year-old male shooter was in Macey's parking lot in Orem, 45 miles south of Salt Lake City, when he heard a woman's screams as she was being pulled from her SUV by the suspect, investigators said.

The man told police he went to assist the woman, and the 27-year-old male suspect lunged at him in an attempt to grab his gun.

The man fired one round at the suspect, hitting him in the chest. The suspect later died at a hospital.

No other injuries were reported.
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-man-sho...004403757.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Best news I've heard all day.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

From the link:

The suspect allegedly assaulted a woman earlier Saturday and drove to the Macey's parking lot in a stolen pickup. Once there, he exited the truck and tried to carjack the woman at about 11:20 a.m., police said.

Very glad the shooter was skilled and able to use those skills under pressure.

Good for him! One less person we have to pay for a trial for and support in jail. I feel so sympathy for criminals.

Wow that is TWO "self defense" cases in that county in 24 hours.
    Trust me, that is CRAZY for the area.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=34485401&nid...s_cid=toppick3

Pleasant Grove is just a town over from Orem, only Lindon separates them.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=34497236&nid...&s_cid=queue-7