1086 users online (245 members and 841 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - Amy Wienski, 44, Mount Morris, 30 April 2015 *Arrest*

Amy Weinski and her boyfriend John Barrett

Police searching for missing woman, boyfriend in connection to arson
    MT. MORRIS TOWNSHIP (WJRT) - (05/04/15) - Police are looking for a couple tied to a torched car and burned down abandoned home in Mt. Morris Township.

They are calling the arson very suspicious.

The woman that is possibly involved has now been reported missing.

The investigation started Sunday morning when a witness saw a man setting a car on fire in broad daylight at an abandoned home in Mt. Morris Township.

Amy Weinski and her boyfriend John Barrett are believed to be somehow connected to that car fire.

Police said it was parked in the driveway of an abandoned home on Carpenter Road, near Saginaw.

Around 11 a.m., a man was seen pouring a liquid on the car, setting it on fire and running off.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

I wonder if this is her:
    Woman's body found near Flint River, tied to unspecified missing persons case

It seems odd that they thought she was involved in the arson when he was the only one seen setting the fire and running away, according to the account in the original article.

I can't link but if you click on the last article it's been updated to say that it is her.
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

She died of blunt force trauma and strangulation.

Seams like there are witnesses to him burning the car and home...So hopefully it will be an easy conviction.

Prayers to Amy and her family.

Missing Mich. woman found dead; boyfriend in custody

Weinski's boyfriend, 45-year-old John Barritt, was taken into custody in Calhoun County on Monday and was then turned over to Mt. Morris Township Police, according to the station.

Another person of interest -- a woman -- was reportedly taken into custody as well. Authorities say the woman provided information that led police to Weinski's body.

Mount Morris Township Police Chief Terence Green told the station that while the motive isn't clear, there are a few possibilities, including a possible ending of the relationship or that Barritt may have been trying to get money from Weinski.