AL - Tamika Evans, 23, murdered in her Somerville home, 20 Oct 2000

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A witness testified that her 5-year-old neighbor came to her door Oct. 21, 2000, sobbing, saying, "My mama is dead, my mama is dead."

Cindy Johnson, who lives on Brooks Lane in Somerville, said the child told her that three men came to the child's home the night before, kicked the door in and killed his mother, Tamika Cooper Evans.

"He was a wreck." Johnson said. "He had taken care of the baby all night long. He was brave."
http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/050818/trial.shtml

Oh that poor baby! He was very brave, and to have taken care of his baby sibbling too:(

By Sheryl Marsh
DAILY Staff Writer

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2005

Morgan County Circuit Judge Glenn Thompson followed a jury's recommendation and sentenced Charles Lynch to life without parole in the 2000 execution-style murder of Tamika Evans.

snip

A jury convicted Lynch of capital murder in September.

Authorities alleged that Lynch was one of three men who went to Evans' home in Somerville and shot her in the head. Two of her children were in the home and in the room next to where she was killed, according to testimony.

More at link:
http://legacy.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/051108/lynch.shtml

Charles Bernard Lynch is housed at the St. Clair Correctional Facility.

Oh, that poor little boy! What he must have gone through, especially waiting for daylight and wondering what to do all night long, hoping someone will come to help. That had to be terrifying for him.

My kids are very young like him. I programmed half of my speed dial keys with 911, alternating with the other half which are family members, so if anything ever happened they know they can hold down any one key and reach help. I'd encourage that for anyone with children too young to remember the sequence of "9-1-1-talk" buttons in a panicked state. This world is insane, anything can and does happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back