Florida man survives fall from bridge while changing tyre

zwiebel

Reaction score
When the SUV of Reginald D. White blew a tyre on the approach to the Sunshine Skywalk Bridge in St Petersburg, Florida, he stepped out to change it. But he stumbled, went backwards over a barrier wall and plunged 30 feet into the water.

Amazingly, White sustained only minor injuries and was able to cling onto a pylon until help arrived.

"When I hit the water, it was like God had a glove. He caught me," White told Tampa Bay's WFTS. "I just hit the water, I came up, and the first thing I saw was that pylon. So I had to swim to it."

http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/nation...er-car-a/nk8wk/?ecmp=wsbtv_social_twitter_sfp

Wow. So glad he's okay! I know I'd be having nightmares -- and daymares -- about it for a long time.

I'd say Mr. White is one blessed man. But, is there more to this story? The article says he stopped on the bridge after his tire blew; it also says he got out of his vehicle "following a crash." And the reporter in the video states, at the end, that the towing company refuses to give White his vehicle back. What is that all about?!? :waitasec:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAGEWITHRAGE
Back