1318 users online (234 members and 1084 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

PA - Lauren Pico Jackson, 5, Spring City, 4 Oct 1988

does anyone know anything about this case i saw it on unsolved and pulled up her doe flyer.. and nothing new was listed on doe. was she ever found? did they have any solid leads
    Last edited by Kimster; 07-30-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: featured cold case from 7/30/2013 to 8/11/2013

Seeing that she is still listed with the Doe Network, Charlie Project and the National Center For Missing and Exploited Children, I do not think she has ever been found.

I don't think she's ever been found. She looks like such a pretty girl, I wish she would turn up or at least some clues about what happened.

Here's her doenetwork page...
    http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/270dfpa.html

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

Lauren

Lauren is my cousin and no, she has not been found yet nor is there any recent information on the case. We're all still waiting and praying.

EYES WIDE OPEN: Mystery about missing girl captures attention

In June of 2006, I came up with the idea of writing a series of articles on cold cases in and around Phoenixville. Three came to mind, the still unsolved 1954 murder of Marguerite Keota, the murder of a Boy Scout in East Pikeland in the 1970s and the 1988 disappearance of Lauren Jackson in East Vincent Township.
    Being the most recent of the three, I opted to start working first on Lauren's story. Although it began as the first in a series of three different cases, it began to take on a life of its own.
    I started my quest for information by poring through dozens, if not hundreds, of old newspaper articles, and for anyone who has ever done so in the offices of The Phoenix, you understand it's a grimy, dusty job. I don't think I stopped sneezing for a week.
    Many of those articles were written by Lynn Berry, who up until last year was the editor of the Moscow Times in Russia, and provided me with the basic information I needed to be able to start a search.
    The first person I was able to find, with the help of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, was Retired Agent David Richter, the lead investigator on Lauren's case. Agent Richter - who now has a PI business in West Chester (Cloud, Feheery and Richter) - was most helpful in providing me with background information about the case and about the family.
    My goals were to find Lauren's father, Mickey - which I did - and find her mother, Christina - which I did not.

http://www.phoenixvillenews.com/site...id=17918&rfi=6

I lived and still live very close to where Lauren disappeared in 1988. I contacted Dateline to see if they could do a story on her disappearance. I think of her everytime I drive past her apartment complex (Park Springs) the area has changed a lot since then, a new gas station/covenience store a CVS pharmacy but the general area that she disappeared from remains strangely untouched. Maybe if there is enough interest generated in her case they will reopen it. I would gladly be of service to research the area. I couldn't when she first vanished because I am not much older than her.

I frequently drive through this area and have a friend that lives in Phoenixville. I would love to help out too.

PA-Missing Child - Lauren Pico Jackson PA 10/4/88

Lauren Maria Pico Jackson
    Date of Birth - 9/26/83
    Date Missing - 10/4/88
    Missing from - Spring City, Pennsylvania
    L.E.A. - East Vincent Twp. Police Dept.
    Contact - Chief William Demski
    Telephone Number - (610)933-0115

ID Info - NCIC #M-365019748. Lauren is a white female, 2'8" tall, weighs 34 pounds, has curly brown hair and hazel eyes. She has double hernia scars on lower abdomen and surgery scars inside mouth from cleft palate. Last seen wearing white Reebok sneakers with pink laces, white socks, white long sleeve pullover shirt with a California Raisin on the front and black knit pants with an iron stain on the back.

Circumstances - Lauren had been playing with other children in the vicinity of her residence when she came up missing on 10/4/88 in Spring City, PA. An extensive search of the area produced no clues to Lauren's whereabouts.

I am a newbie so I hope it is ok to post a reply to my own thread.
    I just wanted to post this thread to try and keep this case alive. It will be 20 years since she disappeared this October. For now I still live near where she did (will be moving away soon) but I wanted to get opinions on something I thought up last night while I couldn't sleep after reading about Tawni (Maricopa Jane). I was tempted to make fliers to hang around town, with maybe the help of the police. I am a graphic designer but I do not have web design experience. I would like to make fliers that just list the day she disappeared, 10/4/88 and underneath say something like "Do you remember this day?" and then have a website made up by someone that has all of her information. I was thinking that if the flier was vague that maybe people would be interested in what it was all about (kind of like the commericials the drug companies use nowadays) and visit the website and read about her. Only thing is I have no idea where to start. Would anyone have any insight? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Julespa View Post
    I am a newbie so I hope it is ok to post a reply to my own thread.
    I just wanted to post this thread to try and keep this case alive. It will be 20 years since she disappeared this October. For now I still live near where she did (will be moving away soon) but I wanted to get opinions on something I thought up last night while I couldn't sleep after reading about Tawni (Maricopa Jane). I was tempted to make fliers to hang around town, with maybe the help of the police. I am a graphic designer but I do not have web design experience. I would like to make fliers that just list the day she disappeared, 10/4/88 and underneath say something like "Do you remember this day?" and then have a website made up by someone that has all of her information. I was thinking that if the flier was vague that maybe people would be interested in what it was all about (kind of like the commericials the drug companies use nowadays) and visit the website and read about her. Only thing is I have no idea where to start. Would anyone have any insight? Thanks
    That sounds like a great idea. I'm not that great at designing but I would love to help put out the flyers if you are able to make them. I recently moved to Montgomery County and work in Chester County...I drive through this area quite a bit

And, welcome to Websleuths, JulesPA!

Hello Gina
    I would love to have some help. Fortunately I am on the LI's good side here in Spring City so I feel comfortable to approach them with this idea. I will give them a call today and see if they can offer any help. I'll keep you and everyone else posted.

Placed an email to East Vincent police. Asked them to give me a call and see what we can do. I have to make sure there are no ordinances on placing flyers around town, I don't think there are since I see yard sale posters from July still hanging on telephone polls. I will post when i receive a call, hopefully soon.

From all her surgery scars I wonder if she had any disablities.

http://www.find-missing-children.org.../poster129.htm

She would be one pretty woman now. Has there been any more info?

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast