GUILTY MI - Ramsay Scrivo, 32, found dismembered, St Clair County, 27 Jan 2014 - #2

Court Chatter says:

Watch for Live Stream after jury selection

Trial starts for Macomb mom accused of dismembering son
May 5, 2015

The trial for a St. Clair Shores mother accused of killing and dismembering her adult son in one of Macomb County's most gruesome crimes is scheduled to start today in Macomb County Circuit Court.

Donna Scrivo, 61, a registered nurse, is accused in the slaying of Ramsay Scrivo, 32, last year. She is charged with first-degree premeditated murder, disinterment and mutilation of a body and removing a body without the permission of the medical examiner.

thanks cold pizza for the new digs :seeya:

i have to say i'm intrigued by this case.........i have been following this loosely from the beginning.....i am curious as to what could have pushed her to this point........she was an RN for goodness sake.......not a stupid or "sick" woman to be sure or i feel it would have been detected in some way.....

i'm anxious to hear the case from a juror's prospective as i've not done my usual in-depth pre-trial research.....it will be interesting......i know her police interview has been supressed and i know she had been appointed his guardian after the passing of her husband.....he had been diagnosed with psychosis.......and i believe had charges of assault? otherwise i'm ignorant.....no remarks please :D.....

so looking forward to hearing both sides.....for once i have an open mind........see you in court websleuth friends :loveyou:

eta.........this link will livestream after jury selection today
http://www.courtchatter.com/#!schedule/mainPage

Do we know if there is a local reporter tweeting?

not sure sstarr.......but i'd love to know when a jury is seated so we don't miss a minute of opening statements

I'm checking several reporters that tweeted during the preliminary hearing but none are tweeting about the Scrivo trial. If they start I'll post their twitter link. Local news isn't reporting they will live stream either, maybe they are waiting for the jury selection to be complete.

I'm checking several reporters that tweeted during the preliminary hearing but none are tweeting about the Scrivo trial. If they start I'll post their twitter link. Local news isn't reporting they will live stream either, maybe they are waiting for the jury selection to be complete.

Is that a pug in your picture?

Is that a pug in your picture?

He's a pug/boston terrier mix. I keep checking but there is no info on the trial at all. The court docket shows the trial today and continued to tomorrow so it must be happening but no local news reports. I'll keep checking.

Found an update!

Cathy@courtchatter
#DonnaScrivo trial jury selection is ongoing. Will give updates as I receive. Ty to @challreporter for information.

Chris Hall reports for the local paper (freep.com). Her twitter is: https://twitter.com/challreporter

Possibility of mistrial

A jury was selected today in the trial of a St. Clair Shores mother accused of killing and dismembering her adult son, but the course the trial will take will be determined Wednesday after jurors incorrectly were given instructions listing the penalties for the charges.

A mistrial could be declared and a new jury selected in the case against Donna Scrivo in Macomb County Circuit Court. She is accused in the slaying of her son, Ramsay Scrivo, 32, last year.

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!Jury-...of-killing-son/c1oiw/5549667f0cf2836c881c283f

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...05/05/donna-scrivo-murder-son-trial/26942265/

A jury was selected today in the trial of a St. Clair Shores mother accused of killing and dismembering her adult son, but the course the trial will take will be determined Wednesday after jurors incorrectly were given instructions listing the penalties for the charges.

A mistrial could be declared and a new jury selected in the case against Donna Scrivo in Macomb County Circuit Court. She is accused in the slaying of her son, Ramsay Scrivo, 32, last year.
=========
more at link

oops.....lol.......sorry chelly......didn't see your post :D

The court docket shows that the trial is scheduled to start at 9:00am (EST) today. I can't find a livestream link but will keep checking.

Scrivo 5-6-15.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back