1188 users online (246 members and 942 guests)  

Websleuths News

Ironically, we discussed Janet being pregnant

Long ago, on the general discussion #2 thread, we were discussing this possibility. Now we know it's true

Here are some of the posts

05-23-2005, 12:25 PM
    PrayersForMaura vbmenu_register("postmenu_651967", true);

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NCBanker
    Whoa - where did you read that she was stabbed in the stomach?

Sorry, only two stories I have found named that she was stabbed in the chest and i somehow remembered hearing stomach but I must be incorrect.

But was she pregnant?
    Just curious.

05-23-2005, 12:29 PM
    NCBanker vbmenu_register("postmenu_651971", true);

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Sorry, only two stories I have found named that she was stabbed in the chest and i somehow remembered hearing stomach but I must be incorrect.

But was she pregnant?
    Just curious.

I've heard no news that would indicate that she was pregnant. Besides, she had only delivered the other child 6 months prior. I realize one can become pregnant quickly after delivering, however, I doubt they were trying. From all published reports, the first child was a surprise, as they were contemplating separation/divorce at that time. I know I wouldn't be anxious to add to the chaos.

05-23-2005, 12:29 PM
    golfmom vbmenu_register("postmenu_651972", true);
    "It's not the arrow, it's the Indian"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura

But was she pregnant?
    Just curious.

No one's announced that as far as I'm aware. If they did I would think that would hit the national radar in a major way after the Hacking and Peterson cases.
    The murderer "shall not have forgiveness in this world, nor in the world to come" (D&C 42:18).
    Where in the World is Raven Abaroa?

05-23-2005, 12:30 PM
    Thinkoflaura vbmenu_register("postmenu_651975", true);

Quote:
    That's all I read as well. I'm curious to know where that piece of info surfaced.

Try your NC media outlets. It was reported in more than one that she had multiple stab wounds, the major wound located in the chest.
    We believe LE here, and we DO have posters here in LE.

I will go on record as saying that I will believe that Raven is not a POI when a branch of LE working on this case states one word to the contrary. Not before.

LE is NOT talking about this case for good reason. I believe it to be because the investigation IS progressing, not because they bungled or inept. I would say that the chance that crime lab results are even BACK is next to nil. LE would not talk to Greta about Janet and Raven and they would not talk to the local newsperson who has a good " working relationship" with Durham police.
    Why would they talk to you or someone you know, if you don't mind me asking? I'm very intrigued by your wealth of info, pardon the pun.

05-23-2005, 12:31 PM
    PrayersForMaura vbmenu_register("postmenu_651978", true);

Quote:
    I've heard no news that would indicate that she was pregnant. Besides, she had only delivered the other child 6 months prior. I realize one can become pregnant quickly after delivering, however, I doubt they were trying. From all published reports, the first child was a surprise, as they were contemplating separation/divorce at that time. I know I wouldn't be anxious to add to the chaos.

yeah but do Mormons use birth control? Just curious... You don't have to be wanting children to have them or wind up in the situation to be expecting them.

You know it is very interesting that this information was kept under wraps.

Obviously if it was known early on that Janet was pregnant, at that particular time, it would have thrown the case right into the national spotlight. Especially after Laci and Lori.

So keeping this information quiet had to serve a purpose. 1. to allow LE freedom to work this case and 2. to discover who knew that she was in fact expecting.

Quite frankly, again, the fact that it was released in conjunction with the email information makes me wonder what message LE is sending and to whom.

My hair is definitely stand on end again.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    You know it is very interesting that this information was kept under wraps.

Obviously if it was known early on that Janet was pregnant, at that particular time, it would have thrown the case right into the national spotlight. Especially after Laci and Lori.

So keeping this information quiet had to serve a purpose. 1. to allow LE freedom to work this case and 2. to discover who knew that she was in fact expecting.

Quite frankly, again, the fact that it was released in conjunction with the email information makes me wonder what message LE is sending and to whom.

My hair is definitely stand on end again.
    Yes, it simply is amazing that after all this time we are just now hearing about it. Surely, the autopsy didn't take this long.
    Good thing their detectives are tight-lipped.
    The media would've been all over this.
    Maybe NOW Greta will cover it

Kinda irks me that this case got no media coverage but I guess there was nothing to cover if LE wasn't saying much. Kind of why I left here for a while. I got so frustrated.

If none of her family knew, then I bet Janet was waiting to first tell Raven, especially if they were having problems. Definitely need to know how far along she was. Probably just a month ... I wonder if Janet was composing a letter to him to tell him ... sometimes people write letters to get their feelings out ... especially if they have explosive husbands.

I can't wait until we hear the whole story. Poor Janet needs justice and needs her story told so she can rest in peace... and her family needs to know more than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Yes, it simply is amazing that after all this time we are just now hearing about it. Surely, the autopsy didn't take this long.
    Good thing their detectives are tight-lipped.
    The media would've been all over this.
    Maybe NOW Greta will cover it

Kinda irks me that this case got no media coverage but I guess there was nothing to cover if LE wasn't saying much. Kind of why I left here for a while. I got so frustrated.

If none of her family knew, then I bet Janet was waiting to first tell Raven, especially if they were having problems. Definitely need to know how far along she was. Probably just a month ... I wonder if Janet was composing a letter to him to tell him ... sometimes people write letters to get their feelings out ... especially if they have explosive husbands.

I can't wait until we hear the whole story. Poor Janet needs justice and needs her story told so she can rest in peace... and her family needs to know more than anyone.
    Consider Janet with a six month old baby finding out she is pregnant and considering leaving her cheating-theiving husband.

The email trail looks like it might be promising to find out who Janet told what to ... back to the beginning for us ... why exactly were her friends so worried about her that they went to her home?